• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

state of emergency pertaining to concealed or open carry?

MSC 45ACP

imported post

The Red Cross got me home during the 91 Gulf War when my daughter was born and had to be rushed to Bethesda Naval Hospitalwhen she hadsiezures shortly her birth.

My XO didn't want to let me go because I was "Essential to the Unit's Mission" even after the war was over (She was born at the end of MAY... the war was over in FEB for the most part...)

The Red Cross got me home over the objections of my @$$hole XO. They got the CO of Bethesda (an Admiral) to "strongly recommend the Serviceman's presence" INCONUS.

I was a Red Cross blood donor from the time I was old enough to donate until they wouldn't take it anymore (after the 91 war when they wouldn't acceptGulfWar Vet's blood donationsbecause they didn't know what illnesses or shots we had been exposed to).

I had donated over3 gallons up to that point in my life. I won't give them another nickel or drop of blood because of their position on 2A. :X

I donated plasma at the MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston when I was stationed there.

Semper Paratus

Mt Vernon .40

imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:
... they [AmCross] wouldn't acceptGulfWar Vet's blood donationsbecause they didn't know what illnesses or shots we had been exposed to ...
Interestingly, they still won't accept my blood, my family's blood ... or for that matter ... blood from anyone stationed in certain regions of Europe in the mid-90's.

Seems that since many European commissaries got their beef from the U.K. ... AmCross is afraid that we're all potential carriers of Mad Cow Disease.

darthmord

imported post

The last time I donated blood to the Red Cross, they started harassing me to the point I was getting phone calls at 'A' school (while in the navy) from them demanding that I go to one of their centers to donate blood... all the while receiving a couple post cards every month. They did this to a couple of folks in my class too. The rest of my class was NOT bothered like this. Just a few of us.

My main beef with it... they refused to stop the offending behavior even after being asked to stop.

As for emergencies, I won't use government services unless I absolutely have to. Too many strings attached for my liking. Then again, having grown up in the country and having learned how to take care of myself, I'm okay with toughing it out. My wife & kids are well-versed in roughing it. Wouldn't be the first time we've done without niceties (like being w/o power from Thursday evening until Sunday afternoon).

wylde007

imported post

TFred wrote:
I would suspect that if this scenario took place, the government would do it, and the people would suffer the consequences, including increased risk of crime, but it would later be declared by the courts to have been illegal - but after the damage had been done.
See also: Louisiana Superdome.

The great chimp-out that took place there in a CSGFZ showed the very gross negligence of citizens to their own rights and of authority by municipal entities to enforce proper laws under such conditions.

The temporary residents of that "shelter" fell immediately into two categories - victims and entrepreneurs. The entrepreneurs cast upon the victims a wholly vile and irascible fear for their own lives. Stripped of any means to defend themselves or their families, the law-abiding were easy pickings for the law-breaking.

Rape, assault and even murder committed as the helpless were made even moreso and the criminals empowered by the congregation of the weak in one area.

There is NO GOOD REASON to disarm lawful citizens. The only reason a government could possibly have (as evinced by present and historical regimes) to disarm the public is totalitarian control, genocide and social/political/cultural engineering.

With every step towards tyranny their pace quickens. Before long there will not be too many options left, I fear.