• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Watch out in Hartford.

Lenny Benedetto

imported post

GoldCoaster wrote:
Lenny Benedetto wrote:
Mothers Rally Against Violence in Hartford by Christine Stuart | May 29, 2008 5:06 PM
Never heard of time travel Lenny? Those anti's will break the laws of common sense and of physics and relativity to get their point across.
Breaking laws of Common sense Yes I agree.
Breaking laws of physics and relativity...dam I am on the wrong side of the gun issues. I WANT THEIR POWERS!!! LMAO!!

atrule

imported post

Aaaahhhh......That's why they seems so dizzy. I think I've got it!

Okay, so we see that these misguided moms act really dizzy. Perhaps their brains are spinning really fast. Okay? So, as we can see from Relativity, the faster something goes, it experiences length contraction.

l' = L*(1-(u/c)^2)^(1/2)

where l' is the length of the object going the velocity u, c is the speed of light and L is the length of the object when it isn't moving.

So we see that as u gets larger, l' gets smaller. And, as the limit of u goes to c, l' goes to zero.

So, we also notice the the more dizzy these moms are by a spinning brain, the circumference of their brains decrease. This might explain the errors in their thinking.

atrule

imported post

The next step is to see how fast their heads are spinning. Our first step is to see how many days it has been from then to now. We get 543 days or so. The next number is the number of days after it was posted to when it was intended to be read. We say 7 days, because that is about the news cycle.

Now, since this story gets to us now we see a time dilation most likely caused by the dizziness going on. That is probably why the story got to us now.

So, we look at our formula for time dilation (very similar to before):

t' = T*(1-(u/c)^2)^(1/2)

where t' is the time of the news cycle going the velocity u in the dizzy moms' heads, c is the speed of light and T is the time it took for the story to get to us. So,

7/543 = (1-(u/c)^2)^(1/2)

Solving for u yields u = .99916903*c

This is very very fast.

Substituting into our formula for length contraction above yields

l' = .012891344*L, or the contraction of the circumference of the brain brings it to about 1.3% the size of the original brain at rest with no dizziness.

atrule

imported post

Conclusions:

Wow Lenny, you aren't kidding, there is a lot of power in that. Who would have thought that we would have been talking about relativistic speeds on a gun forum? This sure shows that they are really really dizzy.

But a second look at the story shows why that might be the case. It appears that a 'religious' leader and politician are behind this. We know they certainly are dizzy. So, perhaps it shouldn't supprise us. Especially this excerpt:

Rep. Marie Kirkely-Bey, D-Hartford, said she wants the community to start working together to put an end to the violence in her neighborhood and throughout the city.

She said there is no gun store in Hartford, yet guns continue to find there way into the city. “We need to wage war on those bringing the guns to the city,” she said.

P.S. Ever notice that those women can talk really fast too?

P.S.S. Hey, it's a rainy Friday after noon.

BizOwner

imported post

You Lenny Benedetto wrote:
GoldCoaster wrote:
Lenny Benedetto wrote:
Mothers Rally Against Violence in Hartford by Christine Stuart | May 29, 2008 5:06 PM
Never heard of time travel Lenny? Those anti's will break the laws of common sense and of physics and relativity to get their point across.
Breaking laws of Common sense Yes I agree.
Breaking laws of physics and relativity...dam I am on the wrong side of the gun issues. I WANT THEIR POWERS!!! LMAO!!

You can buy a Toyota Prius with the Flux Capaictor option.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits eighty-eight miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious $hit.:monkey:celebrate