• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What Kind of Gun Do You Carry?

logan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Very sexy guns Glock34!

I OC my Glock 19. I will CC my Ruger LCP when I can. And there's the Bushmaster Gas Piston Rifle that I enjoy shooting! Oh can't leave out the Benchmade knife! I don't carry that though cause I'd probably get in trouble if I was caught with it :X

10227_186898355209_500040209_4102600_3437650_n.jpg

Mugenlude

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Now I'm going to have to get some pictures so I don't feel so inadequate...

I open carry a Glock G19 (9mm) w/ 124g Speer Gold Dot HP
I conceal carry (out of state) a Glock G23 (40 cal) w/ 180g Speer Gold Dot HP

I shoot both guns well, however, I would prefer the extra firepower of the G23... but I have a personal attachment with the G23 and would not like to have it taken from me, so with the current state of WI I choose to leave it home.

I purchased a G30 (45 cal) that I would like to end up carrying, unfortunately I don't shoot the pistol as well as my others yet, so it stays at home when I leave. I have switched to the G30 for my training classes now hoping to get better with the G30.

Since Glock 34 posted some rifles (open carry in the woods)... I decided to build a 6.8 SPC on the AR-15 platform for the whitetail deer this year. =) In the past I've shot a sporterized Springfield 1903...

I'll try to get some pictures up to add to the fun...

metalman383

imported post

Springfield 1911

XD .40 Sub Compact, with Crimson Trace.

LCP with Crimson Trace

DPMS Sweet 16, when I want to throw some lead.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

I will either have my Stainless Ruger GP-100 .357 revolver (4" heavy Barrel model)

Or my Springfield XDm .40 in O-D green/black with me.
it depends on if I have the dogs with me or what jacket I am wearing, if I have a short jacket the pistol is on my side, if a longer length jacket is needed I wear the revolver because the holster hangs low enough to not be accidentally concealed by my outerwear. (stupid anti-concealment laws)

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

It depends. Looking back at the past two years I've carried concealed a Ruger SP101 .357, a Glock 27, Kel-tec P3AT, Glock 35, and a NAA mini revolver.

Open carry: Ruger GP100, Glock 35, Glock 20 and Ruger P90.

The one I shoot the most, is the G35. 100 rounds weekly.

But the one gun I carry the most, both open and concealed carry-- do not leave home without it-- is a Glock 23. So that's my final answer Regis!

protias

imported post

For the most part, I only carry my XD45. I would love to carry my S&W .38 Special, but I have no holster for it. I would like to break out the Raging Bull .454, but again, no holster.

hardballer

imported post

I carry a government sized 1911. I use a kydex leather hybrid belt holster that I made and a modified hybrid double mag holder. I also have a tactical, Safari leg holster that I will probably use this winter so as not to cover my gun. I made a leather/kydex/nylon web shoulder holster that I use on occasion around the house.

holster003.jpg

PICT0002.jpg

RugerGP1002.jpg

019-1.jpg

Remington4.jpg

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I have carried the S&W .44 Mag, Ruger .357, Glock, and EAA .45. The .45 is having a feed problem, won't load the rounds. I'll have to take it to the gun smith.

When all is in working order, my preferred firearm for hunting is the .44 and I'll carry the .45 once I get it cycling correctly.