• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What Kind of Gun Do You Carry?

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
imported post

vin_w88 wrote:
In all honesty Dave, I have no idea what IDPA shooting is.
International Defensive Pistol Association; check it out at http://www.idpa.com/

It's a shooting competition that allows you to practice many of the skills needed if you ever have to defend yourself. Drawing, reloading, moving, shooting from cover at multiple targets, etc.. It's a lot of fun and you really learn mastery of your firearm in many different scenarios.

Dave

Abraxxas

imported post

Been doing pretty good in resisting the temptation to buy more guns for the last 5 or 6 years and decided to celebrate :) I ordered up a Taurus PT145 Millenium Pro in .45 last week and it should be in Monday or Tuesday, it will be my first compact/tupperware gun and Im anxious to see how it handles!When WI eventually catches up in the CCW scene I think it will be nice to have 10+ 1 .45 in such a small package. Pics on arrival :)

oak1971

imported post

One of the following: Les Baer/John Harrison 1911, Dan Wesson Valor, Sig 226 Elite Stainless, Sig P220 Elite Stainless, Glock 17 and sometimes a 3 inch ported Smith 629.
I have a Kahr MK9 on order for if and when we get CC.

DSCF5298-1.jpg

sigs001-1.jpg

0720091817.jpg

DSCF5344-1.jpg

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

oak1971 wrote:
One of the following: Les Baer/John Harrison 1911, Dan Wesson Valor, Sig 226 Elite Stainless, Sig P220 Elite Stainless, Glock 17 and sometimes a 3 inch ported Smith 629.
I have a Kahr MK9 on order for if and when we get CC.

DSCF5298-1.jpg

sigs001-1.jpg

0720091817.jpg

DSCF5344-1.jpg
pretty 1911's ......$$$$$:)

Abraxxas

imported post

davegran wrote:
Abraxxas wrote:
My newest addition and a first for me in the compact and polymer departments. Taurus PT145 Mellinium Pro in .45.
I'll be interested to hear how you like it and how it shoots. I'm also interested in how you got light down the barrel on that front shot; ring flash?

Dave

I'll be taking it out this weekend at some point, Im eager to shoot it as well. As for the lighting, I just had the gun standing up under some flourecent lighting in my room. The camera was on a tripod and about 3ft back so as not to block the ambient light entering the barrel. All these shots were taken using a tripod at F16 with about a 3 second exposureand no flash to cast shadows. Also, the 3.3 inch barrel lets the round sit pretty close to the end lol.

Glockmeister - Nice grips and gun!

Abraxxas

imported post

Dave - Just got back from the range, put about 150rds through it and absolutely love it. Very smooth shooting, recoil isnt bad at all for a little thing throwing 230gr FMJ, its shooting a few inches to the left and I didnt have an allen wrench to adjust it but I was able to group a tad under 2" at 50ft so far. Have to get used to the Heinie straight 8 sights but so far I couldnt be happier with the gun, no failures to feed, fire or eject either, it ran flawlessly. I'll give it a good cleaning tonight and take it back out tomorrow and get the sights dialed in.

:celebrate:celebrate

Mlutz

imported post

I wish I had some of the guns shown on this forum. All I can say is, WOW! I own a HiPoint 40, (Hope this forum doesnt have too many gun snobs.) Also, a Walther P38. Keep the pictures comming, good stuff!