Thread: OC Lunch at Anita's Farifax this Saturday?

Post imported post

I'm going to be in the area this weekend visiting family, and I'll be making a side trip Saturday afternoon to help a female friend pick out her new home-defense shotgun. As is tradition any time I'm in NoVa, I will be grabbing lunch at Anita's, and since my friend lives in Fairfax, it will be at the Anita's at 10880 Lee Highway. I'd LOVE to meet some of you NoVa folks.

If you're interested in an OC lunch, and some great New Mexican food in an OC-friendly restaurant, then let's see if we can get something together on Saturday, 14 November!
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Dreamer wrote:
    I'm going to be in the area this weekend visiting family, and I'll be making a side trip Saturday afternoon to help a female friend pick out her new home-defense shotgun. As is tradition any time I'm in NoVa, I will be grabbing lunch at Anita's, and since my friend lives in Fairfax, it will be at the Anita's at 10880 Lee Highway. I'd LOVE to meet some of you NoVa folks.

If you're interested in an OC lunch, and some great New Mexican food in an OC-friendly restaurant, then let's see if we can get something together on Saturday, 14 November!
    I was thinking that's the one at the west end of Chantilly next to the three Pohanka car dealers, but I see that it's not. It's down in the heart of business Fairfax (actually called Kamp Washington) real close to a Hampton Inn motel. Right?

I would like to come and should be able to make it if you know what time to put this together.

In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Post imported post

I'm up for this. What time?

FYI, Anita Tellez passed away on Sept. 5th, obit. in the WP last Wed. May she rest in peace.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

architect wrote:

FYI, Anita Tellez passed away on Sept. 5th, obit. in the WP last Wed. May she rest in peace.
    She used to wait on me at the "original" Vienna location back in the late 70's
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

---------------

eta: have you been to the National Firearms Museum? It's not too far from Anitas.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

architect wrote:

Wow, that is a shame. I used to live in Burke right around the corner from Anita's. I was thrilled when they openned one in Stafford. Had their breakfast burritos to go yesterday morning!

I've OC'd in several of their restaurants over the years. Got some :what:from other patrons on occaision, but never a word from the staff or management.

Edit.... Oh, did I mention I'm addicted to the Hollenbeck!

Post imported post

we might be able to make it depending on the time.

Post imported post

jegoodin wrote:
    architect wrote:

Wow, that is a shame. I used to live in Burke right around the corner from Anita's. I was thrilled when they openned one in Stafford. Had their breakfast burritos to go yesterday morning!

I've OC'd in several of their restaurants over the years. Got some :what:from other patrons on occaision, but never a word from the staff or management.

Edit.... Oh, did I mention I'm addicted to the Hollenbeck!
    I still live a few blocks from the one in Burke

Post imported post

And I work a few blocks from the one in Burke. Wont be able to make the luncheon, we are having a BMW Motorcycle Club meeting in Tysons on Saturday. I'll have to watch for any interesting looks while in Chili's for the meeting.
    'Till the last landings made, and we stand unafraid, on a shore not mortal has seen,
    'Till the last bugle call, sounds taps for us all,
    It's Semper Fidelis, MARINE!

Post imported post

I'll try to see if can swing by for lunch.

Like Ed, I've eaten at Anita's ever since they opened their first restaurant in Vienna.

Remind me to tell you my "don't eat the mints" story. :shock:

Post imported post

Glock27Bill wrote:
    I'll try to see if can swing by for lunch.

Like Ed, I've eaten at Anita's ever since they opened their first restaurant in Vienna.

Remind me to tell you my "don't eat the mints" story. :shock:
    But I like the mints....uh oh

Post imported post

I would have likeed the chgantilly location too.. I don't think I can make the one in fairfax.
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

Post imported post

So is this thing a go, who's going for sure, and what time is it suppose to go down?

In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

America First!

Post imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
    So is this thing a go, who's going for sure, and what time is it suppose to go down?
    I am bailing. No "good" date/time/details/rsvp, etc. Better luck next time with a more detailed invite.
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

Post imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
    I'm still good to go, but the OP seems to be MIA. Want to just arbitrarily say 1:00PM?

Post imported post

architect wrote:
    SouthernBoy wrote:
    I'm still good to go, but the OP seems to be MIA. Want to just arbitrarily say 1:00PM?
    Do you think this is too late to get something going? Who else is willing to go with it?

America First!

Post imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
    architect wrote:
    SouthernBoy wrote:
    Do you think this is too late to get something going? Who else is willing to go with it?
    Looks like we lack critical mass, let's blow it off.

Post imported post

architect wrote:
    SouthernBoy wrote:
    architect wrote:
    SouthernBoy wrote:
    Looks like we lack critical mass, let's blow it off.
    Ok, thanks for getting back. I was going start heading out here in about 15 minutes.

America First!

Post imported post

Okay, so I'll have to tell my Anita's mint story here.

As those of you who eat there know, they keep a bowl of unwrapped after-dinner mints out.

Sometimes they put a plastic spoon in them so folks don't dig around with their hands.

So I was at the original Anita's in Vienna with a date, and we closed the place down.

We were sitting there talking as the bus boys finished their work.

One of them walked up to the bowl of mints, got a spoonful, put it in his mouth like he was eating cereal, then shoved the spoon back in the mints!

This was me.:what:

This was my date. :shock:

Yummy, huh?

Post imported post

Glock27Bill wrote:
    Yummy, huh?
    The Seinfeld line is, "that's like putting your whole mouth in the bowl!"

Post imported post