• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Lunch at Anita's Farifax this Saturday?

Dreamer

imported post

I'm going to be in the area this weekend visiting family, and I'll be making a side trip Saturday afternoon to help a female friend pick out her new home-defense shotgun. As is tradition any time I'm in NoVa, I will be grabbing lunch at Anita's, and since my friend lives in Fairfax, it will be at the Anita's at 10880 Lee Highway. I'd LOVE to meet some of you NoVa folks.

If you're interested in an OC lunch, and some great New Mexican food in an OC-friendly restaurant, then let's see if we can get something together on Saturday, 14 November!

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

Dreamer wrote:
I'm going to be in the area this weekend visiting family, and I'll be making a side trip Saturday afternoon to help a female friend pick out her new home-defense shotgun. As is tradition any time I'm in NoVa, I will be grabbing lunch at Anita's, and since my friend lives in Fairfax, it will be at the Anita's at 10880 Lee Highway. I'd LOVE to meet some of you NoVa folks.

If you're interested in an OC lunch, and some great New Mexican food in an OC-friendly restaurant, then let's see if we can get something together on Saturday, 14 November!
I was thinking that's the one at the west end of Chantilly next to the three Pohanka car dealers, but I see that it's not. It's down in the heart of business Fairfax (actually called Kamp Washington) real close to a Hampton Inn motel. Right?

I would like to come and should be able to make it if you know what time to put this together.

nova

imported post

---------------

eta: have you been to the National Firearms Museum? It's not too far from Anitas. :cool:

jegoodin

imported post

architect wrote:
I'm up for this. What time?

FYI, Anita Tellez passed away on Sept. 5th, obit. in the WP last Wed. May she rest in peace.

Wow, that is a shame. I used to live in Burke right around the corner from Anita's. I was thrilled when they openned one in Stafford. Had their breakfast burritos to go yesterday morning!

I've OC'd in several of their restaurants over the years. Got some :what:from other patrons on occaision, but never a word from the staff or management.

Edit.... Oh, did I mention I'm addicted to the Hollenbeck!

nova

imported post

jegoodin wrote:
architect wrote:
I'm up for this. What time?

FYI, Anita Tellez passed away on Sept. 5th, obit. in the WP last Wed. May she rest in peace.

Wow, that is a shame. I used to live in Burke right around the corner from Anita's. I was thrilled when they openned one in Stafford. Had their breakfast burritos to go yesterday morning!

I've OC'd in several of their restaurants over the years. Got some :what:from other patrons on occaision, but never a word from the staff or management.

Edit.... Oh, did I mention I'm addicted to the Hollenbeck!
I still live a few blocks from the one in Burke :cool:

streetdoc

imported post

And I work a few blocks from the one in Burke. Wont be able to make the luncheon, we are having a BMW Motorcycle Club meeting in Tysons on Saturday. I'll have to watch for any interesting looks while in Chili's for the meeting.

Glock27Bill

imported post

I'll try to see if can swing by for lunch.

Like Ed, I've eaten at Anita's ever since they opened their first restaurant in Vienna.

Remind me to tell you my "don't eat the mints" story. :shock:

nova

imported post

Glock27Bill wrote:
I'll try to see if can swing by for lunch.

Like Ed, I've eaten at Anita's ever since they opened their first restaurant in Vienna.

Remind me to tell you my "don't eat the mints" story. :shock:
But I like the mints....uh oh :uhoh:

architect

imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
architect wrote:
SouthernBoy wrote:
So is this thing a go, who's going for sure, and what time is it suppose to go down?
I'm still good to go, but the OP seems to be MIA. Want to just arbitrarily say 1:00PM?
Do you think this is too late to get something going? Who else is willing to go with it?
Looks like we lack critical mass, let's blow it off.:cry:

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

architect wrote:
SouthernBoy wrote:
architect wrote:
SouthernBoy wrote:
So is this thing a go, who's going for sure, and what time is it suppose to go down?
I'm still good to go, but the OP seems to be MIA. Want to just arbitrarily say 1:00PM?
Do you think this is too late to get something going? Who else is willing to go with it?
Looks like we lack critical mass, let's blow it off.:cry:
Ok, thanks for getting back. I was going start heading out here in about 15 minutes.

Glock27Bill

imported post

Okay, so I'll have to tell my Anita's mint story here.

As those of you who eat there know, they keep a bowl of unwrapped after-dinner mints out.

Sometimes they put a plastic spoon in them so folks don't dig around with their hands.

So I was at the original Anita's in Vienna with a date, and we closed the place down.

We were sitting there talking as the bus boys finished their work.

One of them walked up to the bowl of mints, got a spoonful, put it in his mouth like he was eating cereal, then shoved the spoon back in the mints!

This was me.:what:

This was my date. :shock:

Yummy, huh?