• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How Does your Wife/GF feel about Guns?

gunguy2009

imported post

Hi everyone, This is Gunguy2009's Girlfriend, I didn't grow up around guns. But until I started dating Todd, Guns have been fairly new to me. I am still getting used to the Gun on the Nightstand, and Gun in the Hip thing. But I am sloooowly coming around to it. :DI was just curiousas to how many other wife/gf's are still learning to accept the whole gun thing. I have gone shooting with him many times and I like to shoot, and must say, I'm Pretty d*mn good too. lol.I just don't know about the Carrying it on the Hip thing... I feel that somewhere,somehow he will get into trouble with the law. I understand it is for the protection of me and my daughter, But its a big step to get used too. Any feedback would be greatly Appreciated.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Hmmm, you could start a support group called, "Gals of Guys with Guns." :lol:

Anyways, my wife is the same way, she likes to shoot and agrees with everything that 2A stands for but at the same time she is the type of person who does not like to draw attention to herself.

With all the stuff that is going on in the world today, she understands more and more the need to carry a fire arm.

ETA: I lived in Beloit for a while back in the 80's. From what I remember, you need to carry for self defense.

AaronS

imported post

That's good "Gals of Guys with Guns". The only problem I see is that if they all start talking, they might decide to get rid of us...

My wife had only shot a gun once with her dad, before she met me. She has also become a good shot, and likes to shoot, but she does not own a gun as of yet. She likes my 92 9mm, but does not want one of her own. She also still says she would never dream of carrying a gun herself. At first, she would not go out with me if I was OC'ing, but now she understands my point, and "deals" with it. Every day it gets a little better.

gollbladder13

imported post

gunguy2009 wrote:
Hi everyone, This is Gunguy2009's Girlfriend, I didn't grow up around guns. But until I started dating Todd, Guns have been fairly new to me. I am still getting used to the Gun on the Nightstand, and Gun in the Hip thing. But I am sloooowly coming around to it.

SNIP

I just don't know about the Carrying it on the Hip thing... I feel that somewhere,somehow he will get into trouble with the law. I understand it is for the protection of me and my daughter, But its a big step to get used too. Any feedback would be greatly Appreciated.

This is almost exactly what my fiance would be typing if she were logged on to my account...

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

My ex got her SC CWP and carries/carried a fluffed and buffed Kel-Tec P-32.

My adult daughter had a second floor balcony 'caller' and an eternal wait for the cops. She promised to arm herself and get a CWP but I suspect that life has been too busy - and she is working now in HI, not the most pro-gun of states.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

Hmm,
my GF just handed me a copy of the "Sportsmans Choice" yesterday catalog pointing to a drop-leg holster that she wants for Christmas so her 9mm does not become covered by her jacket and make it difficult to get to if needed.

So I got to say we share very similar viewpoints, she was also concerned that I would get arrested for exercising my rights, but the court cases over the last 8 months have cleared upthat concern.

Gunguys better half says;
I have gone shooting with him many times and I like to shoot, and must say, I'm Pretty d*mn good too. lol.I just don't know about the Carrying it on the Hip thing... I feel that somewhere,somehow he will get into trouble with the law. I understand it is for the protection of me and my daughter, But its a big step to get used too. Any feedback would be greatly Appreciated.

There are no laws thatyou could get in trouble with for exercising your constitutional proteced right to keep and bear arms as long as you pay attention to the gun-free school zones (that are unconstitutional) and the government building prohibitions and keep it openly viewable.

I think you need to realize even more than you currently understand, that he is carryingthat firearm to protect you, your child, and himself from harm.
Sadly there are many men out there that are just wimps and would not try to defend their GF's from harm for fear that they may get injured themselves.
Since he cannot be by your side every waking minute of everyday. I would think that you would want to carrythe correct tools to protect your daughter and yourself from harm when he is not available.

If you had the option to legally conceal your fiream, would that make you feel more comfortable?
Are you concerned you may offend someone by wearingyour firearm on your hip? You need to explain why you have issues with him or you wearing a firearm and maybe we could help even more.

I feel we all deserve a way to defend ourselves and our loved ones from people that may want to harm us. Since carrying a firearm in plain view is our only legal option right now, that is all that we got. The criminals carry while disregarding the law,

Would yourather have a gun on my hip and not need it, or need a gun to defend yourself and your daughter and not have one.
There are some real creeps out there! Just take a look at the sex-offender locating websites for your area and you will realize very quickly the type of predators lurking in your midst.
Imagine the sick twisted things they would like to do to you and your daughter. Now realize this, the ones listed are only the ones that were stupid enough to get caught! There are many times that amount of predatorsout in public every single day that just have not been caught yet.

A little side note:
I find a self-sufficient women that is able to take care of herself more attractive than the "Damsel in Distress" type. I am sure many will agree with me.
I have even heard and said myself "There is nothing hotter than a woman with a gun"

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

My lady has a concealed pistol permit, is a certified firearms instructor in 3 disciplines, a range safety officer, shoots in an advanced level civilian combat league with her Glock 34 and loves her Winchester Model 94. In other words, she's okay with guns.

protias

imported post

Since I have no better half, I will answer between my mother and my sisters. My mother knows that personal defense is necessary, but is not comfortable handling firearms because she doesn't shoot. My father and I will have to take her out sometime. My oldest and youngest sisters do not like guns, nor do they see the need for them. Neither think they will ever need to use one. I hope they are both right, but I always prepare for the worst. My other older sister likes guns and wants to learn more about them. I don't think she is at the point where she wants to purchase one or even carry it, but she's coming around.

hardballer

imported post

My gal has a Stainless Steel Ruger GP100 6" barrel and red dot scope, A Hi-point 9mm and a sporterized SKS with a red dot scope and a Harris bi-pod. She pines for an AR10 in .308. She said she'd even let me shoot it. :lol:

I guess she's OK with guns.

metalman383

imported post

My wife had no gun experience,before I met her. She has no problem, with the arsenal I have. I have taught her how to shoot, and safely handle weapons. I even got her to carry at an Open Carry Picnic, (although it wasn't loaded). She does give me that what the heck are you doing look, and rolls her eyes when I am in my full tactical army gear, and running around my land;).

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

metalman383 wrote:
My wife had no gun experience,before I met her. She has no problem, with the arsenal I have. I have taught her how to shoot, and safely handle weapons. I even got her to carry at an Open Carry Picnic, (although it wasn't loaded). She does give me that what the heck are you doing look, and rolls her eyes when I am in my full tactical army gear, and running around my land;).
With night vision and everything? :quirky

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

My wife thinks I'm F'n nuts. She has no problem with me hunting or shooting at the gun clubs. She even said if we lived in Chi-Town or Milwaukee, maybe even Mad-Town, then she'd be OK with it, but she is one of the sheeple that doesn't see the "need." Talking to her is like talking to a wall. I'm taking her to Mad-Town today to meet up with a few OC couples, maybe she'll change her attitude/mind, but I aint holdin' my breath.

She is one who doesn't like attention, I think she'd be more comfy with CC, but I continue to work on her every day.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

McX wrote:
Consider thefirearm to be a machine, and nothing more. Take out all the hype. Think of it in this perspective; An item carrier for protection. You carry keys, why? To use on your car. You carry a wallet, why? for documents, and money. You carry a lighter, why? To light your smoke. You carry a hanky, why? In case you sneeze. You carry a phone, why? In case you have to call, or be called. Just another machine designed to serve us, that's all.
I corrected you typo, by definition a firearm is NOT a weapon, it can be used as such, but it is not a weapon.