Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guns and Ammo Warehouse (G&A)

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I know that this is a bit off topic but it does concern a firearms transaction and a firearm for carry.

I just picked up a pistol that I had purchased off of GunBroker and G&A did the transfer ($25) for me. I am very pleased with the service that I received and was impressed with how well the store was stocked with not only firearms but also reloading gear and components. You guys won't go wrong with G&A. A big thanks to G&A!

Longwatch wasn't there today but the rest of the sales staff was very helpful.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

kaiheitai17 wrote:
    I know that this is a bit off topic but it does concern a firearms transaction and a firearm for carry.

I just picked up a pistol that I had purchased off of GunBroker and G&A did the transfer ($25) for me. I am very pleased with the service that I received and was impressed with how well the store was stocked with not only firearms but also reloading gear and components. You guys won't go wrong with G&A. A big thanks to G&A!

Longwatch wasn't there today but the rest of the sales staff was very helpful.
    Yeah, they are a class act over there. I stop by regularly for free coffee and to cruise their used gun display. Over the years I think the free coffee has cost me several thousand dollars.

Post imported post

yeah I read the post by longwatch over on arfcom...25 dollar transfers...I think that now beats VA Arms and most others in NoVA for actual storefront shops.

Post imported post

Where is it?

Post imported post

Regular_Joe wrote:
    Where is it?
    10981 Nokesville Road, Manassas, VA 20110
    703-365-9092

Nokesville Road is basically Route 28 west of Manassas near the airport.

From I-66, take route 234 (NOT business 234) and exit at route 28 west. They're on the left.

A wonderful gun store.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

I'm glad we could be of service.

Post imported post

Good shop, FANTASTIC BBQ!!!!!
    The problem with the internet is nobody can really tell when you’re serious and when you’re being sarcastic. –Abraham Lincoln

Post imported post

Good shop, good shopping experiences there - I liked the fact that the sales staff, when they did not have what I wanted, did not hesitate to send me down the road to VAC. I ended up still spending about a $100 on stuff at G&A/W, because of the positive interactions.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

Post imported post

THat's good to know and not OT at all.

I bought an out of state gun last week and asked Greentops what they charged...75.00

Yeah, right. I won't bother them anymore with that question.

Aylors in Victoria is doing it for $25.00 and glad to have the business.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

Was very positively impressed with Aylors in Victoria. Nice shop, friendly people.

One of these days DoubleTap and I are going to ride down to that place where we ate breakfast across the street from Aylors - best breakfast I've had in years.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

I also prefer Guns and Ammo.

Virginia Arms is just down the road and I would highly recommend staying away from that place. They tried to lie to me and tell me I was required to give them my social security number to pick up a gun. Their staff is very sharp and knowledgeable so I'm pretty sure it wasn't a mistake. When I stated that an SSN is not necessary, they made a show of acting like they had never heard of such a thing. Very shady.

Post imported post

mpolo79 wrote:
    Virginia Arms is just down the road and I would highly recommend staying away from that place. They tried to lie to me and tell me I was required to give them my social security number to pick up a gun. Their staff is very sharp and knowledgeable so I'm pretty sure it wasn't a mistake. When I stated that an SSN is not necessary, they made a show of acting like they had never heard of such a thing. Very shady.
    As another data point, my experiences with VA have been very different. They have done several transfers for me and have always accepted "not disclosed, if any" in the space for the SSN on the Fed. and Commonwealth paperwork without any fuss. I would have no hesitation asking them to perform another transfer for me.

I feel VA and G&AW are two of the best gun shops in the NoVa area (although I wouldn't mind seeing someone try to raise the bar even higher). I have no affiliation with either except as a customer.

Post imported post

mpolo79 wrote:

VA Arms installed my ASAP sling plate for me (do not have a vise so I can not do it myself) for free even though I did not buy it there. I have never had a problem at VA Arms or G&A
    "Capitalism and communism stand at opposite poles. Their essential difference is this: The communist, seeing the rich man and his fine home, says: 'No man should have so much.' The capitalist, seeing the same thing, says: 'All men should have as much.'"- Phelps Adams

Post imported post

Post imported post

Post imported post

architect wrote:
    mpolo79 wrote:
    As another data point, my experiences with VA have been very different. They have done several transfers for me and have always accepted "not disclosed, if any" in the space for the SSN on the Fed. and Commonwealth paperwork without any fuss. I would have no hesitation asking them to perform another transfer for me.

I feel VA and G&AW are two of the best gun shops in the NoVa area (although I wouldn't mind seeing someone try to raise the bar even higher). I have no affiliation with either except as a customer.
    Interesting.

I have no doubt your experience was what you say it was. Just as I have no doubt my experience was what it was.

What do you think could explain the difference?

Post imported post

mpolo79 wrote:
    I've purchased 5 guns from Va Arms without putting my SS# on the forms. No problems or anyone ever even questioning it in any way. Purchased 2 from G&A, same true there.

I don't know what happened there with you. Definitely not good. But they do not, as a practice or policy, ask for a SS #.

As I've said, I've purchased from both and Va Arms is just a more customer oriented well run business in my opinion. Whether your a buyer or window shopping you can always count on someone there being willing to talk your ear off about whatever topic you bring up. They're just good people. (please...not saying G&A is not, just a personal preference)

Randy

Post imported post

mpolo79 wrote:

I have done business withVA several times in the last year or so, both in-store purchases and transfers. I always left that blank and none of the store employees made a peep.

Post imported post

Yup, two of my favorites, as well. I've bought guns, holsters, magazines, slings & stuff from both and always been very happy with the service. I particularly like Va Arms' dedication to absolute safety.
    Daniel L. Hawes - 540 347 2430 - HTTP://www.VirginiaLegalDefense.com

By the way, nothing I say on this website as "user" should be taken as either advertising for attorney services or legal advice, merely personal opinion. Everyone having a question regarding the application of law to the facts of their situation should seek the advice of an attorney competent in the subject matter of the issues presented and licensed to practice in the relevant state.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

As to the SSN, if asked I usually tell people doesn't make any difference to the background check if they use it and I tell them I never put mine down. Personally I've never seen its use help a check go faster and that including regular customers with common names who always get delayed who have tried it with and without the SSN.

Post imported post

chiliman wrote:
    mpolo79 wrote:
    I've purchased 5 guns from Va Arms without putting my SS# on the forms. No problems or anyone ever even questioning it in any way. Purchased 2 from G&A, same true there.

I don't know what happened there with you. Definitely not good. But they do not, as a practice or policy, ask for a SS #.

As I've said, I've purchased from both and Va Arms is just a more customer oriented well run business in my opinion. Whether your a buyer or window shopping you can always count on someone there being willing to talk your ear off about whatever topic you bring up. They're just good people. (please...not saying G&A is not, just a personal preference)

Randy
    I'm not surprised that in your case, they never tried to trick you out of your SSN.

Just as I'm not surprised they tried to trick me out of mine.

I was just wondering if anyone here could connect the dots.

Post imported post

mpolo79 wrote:
    chiliman wrote:
    mpolo79 wrote:

Randy
    I'm not surprised that in your case, they never tried to trick you out of your SSN.

Just as I'm not surprised they tried to trick me out of mine.

I was just wondering if anyone here could connect the dots.
    You may want to be a bit more clear as to what you are alluding to. Some of us don't deal all that well with vague implications of wrong-doing (aka: if you are going to state someone is wronging you in some form or fashion, clearly state it rather than beat around the bush).

Post imported post

[blur]I thought G&A was the shop that had the owner who did the interview with some news crew abhout how he was a huge Obama supporter and how he and his shop donated lots and lots of money to the Obama campaign. Guy in the video acted like an @#$%. [/blur]

Anyone know if that was G&A or not? Pretty sure it was...

On a side note - I have bought DOZENS of firearms from VA Arms and never had a problem. Not once haveI ever put my SSN on the form.

Never bought anything from G&A but the ONE time I was there, I waited 30 minutes before anyone would talk to me (only 1 other guy in there) the guy at the counter tried to tell me that he didnt carry Kahr pistols and whatI really wanted was a High Point. :? I turned around, walked out and have not been back since.

Post imported post

jmb_nova wrote:
    I thought G&A was the shop that had the owner who did the interview with some news crew abhout how he was a huge Obama supporter and how he and his shop donated lots and lots of money to the Obama campaign. Guy in the video acted like an @#$%.

IIRC, that was Blue Ridge Arsenal that did that.

Post imported post

darthmord wrote:
    jmb_nova wrote:
    I thought G&A was the shop that had the owner who did the interview with some news crew abhout how he was a huge Obama supporter and how he and his shop donated lots and lots of money to the Obama campaign. Guy in the video acted like an @#$%.

IIRC, that was Blue Ridge Arsenal that did that.

Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification; I just couldn't remember!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast