• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Guns and Ammo Warehouse (G&A)

mpolo79

imported post

chiliman wrote:
mpolo79 wrote:
Virginia Arms is just down the road and I would highly recommend staying away from that place. They tried to lie to me and tell me I was required to give them my social security number to pick up a gun. Their staff is very sharp and knowledgeable so I'm pretty sure it wasn't a mistake. When I stated that an SSN is not necessary, they made a show of acting like they had never heard of such a thing. Very shady.

I've purchased 5 guns from Va Arms without putting my SS# on the forms. No problems or anyone ever even questioning it in any way. Purchased 2 from G&A, same true there.

I don't know what happened there with you. Definitely not good. But they do not, as a practice or policy, ask for a SS #.

As I've said, I've purchased from both and Va Arms is just a more customer oriented well run business in my opinion. Whether your a buyer or window shopping you can always count on someone there being willing to talk your ear off about whatever topic you bring up. They're just good people. (please...not saying G&A is not, just a personal preference)

Randy
I'm not surprised that in your case, they never tried to trick you out of your SSN.

Just as I'm not surprised they tried to trick me out of mine.

I was just wondering if anyone here could connect the dots.

darthmord

imported post

mpolo79 wrote:
chiliman wrote:
mpolo79 wrote:
Virginia Arms is just down the road and I would highly recommend staying away from that place. They tried to lie to me and tell me I was required to give them my social security number to pick up a gun. Their staff is very sharp and knowledgeable so I'm pretty sure it wasn't a mistake. When I stated that an SSN is not necessary, they made a show of acting like they had never heard of such a thing. Very shady.

I've purchased 5 guns from Va Arms without putting my SS# on the forms. No problems or anyone ever even questioning it in any way. Purchased 2 from G&A, same true there.

I don't know what happened there with you. Definitely not good. But they do not, as a practice or policy, ask for a SS #.

As I've said, I've purchased from both and Va Arms is just a more customer oriented well run business in my opinion. Whether your a buyer or window shopping you can always count on someone there being willing to talk your ear off about whatever topic you bring up. They're just good people. (please...not saying G&A is not, just a personal preference)

Randy
I'm not surprised that in your case, they never tried to trick you out of your SSN.

You may want to be a bit more clear as to what you are alluding to. Some of us don't deal all that well with vague implications of wrong-doing (aka: if you are going to state someone is wronging you in some form or fashion, clearly state it rather than beat around the bush).

jmb_nova

imported post

[blur]I thought G&A was the shop that had the owner who did the interview with some news crew abhout how he was a huge Obama supporter and how he and his shop donated lots and lots of money to the Obama campaign. Guy in the video acted like an @#$%. [/blur]

Anyone know if that was G&A or not? Pretty sure it was...

On a side note - I have bought DOZENS of firearms from VA Arms and never had a problem. Not once haveI ever put my SSN on the form.

Never bought anything from G&A but the ONE time I was there, I waited 30 minutes before anyone would talk to me (only 1 other guy in there) the guy at the counter tried to tell me that he didnt carry Kahr pistols and whatI really wanted was a High Point. :? I turned around, walked out and have not been back since.

darthmord

imported post

jmb_nova wrote:
I thought G&A was the shop that had the owner who did the interview with some news crew abhout how he was a huge Obama supporter and how he and his shop donated lots and lots of money to the Obama campaign. Guy in the video acted like an @#$%.

IIRC, that was Blue Ridge Arsenal that did that.

jmb_nova

imported post

darthmord wrote:
jmb_nova wrote:
I thought G&A was the shop that had the owner who did the interview with some news crew abhout how he was a huge Obama supporter and how he and his shop donated lots and lots of money to the Obama campaign. Guy in the video acted like an @#$%.

IIRC, that was Blue Ridge Arsenal that did that.

Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification; I just couldn't remember!!!

VAopencarry

imported post

I thought G&A was the shop that had the owner who did the interview with some news crew abhout how he was a huge Obama supporter and how he and his shop donated lots and lots of money to the Obama campaign. Guy in the video acted like an @#$%. Anyone know if that was G&A or not? Pretty sure it was...
LOL No even close.... Not many business owners that fly a Gadsen flag vote for Obama.

It was Blue Ridge and the guy did not act like an ass, he was asked and he answered. He never said anything about donating money to the campaign. WOW dude you need to stop listening to scuttlebut and check facts.

jmb_nova

imported post

VAopencarry wrote:
I thought G&A was the shop that had the owner who did the interview with some news crew abhout how he was a huge Obama supporter and how he and his shop donated lots and lots of money to the Obama campaign. Guy in the video acted like an @#$%. Anyone know if that was G&A or not? Pretty sure it was...
LOL No even close.... Not many business owners that fly a Gadsen flag vote for Obama.

It was Blue Ridge and the guy did not act like an ass, he was asked and he answered. He never said anything about donating money to the campaign. WOW dude you need to stop listening to scuttlebut and check facts.

Good thing I dont listen to 'scuttlebut' and I do 'check my facts'. I believe I asked for clarification, and once given, required no additional bull@#$% comments from yourself.

I can remember exactly what was said in the video, thatI watched myself.I even remember saying to myself "Self - wow, that guy sounds like an ass".

Sorry if my own opinions seem like 'scuttlebut' or that I 'dont check my facts'.

Actually, I take that back. Im not sorry for stating my own f-in opinion and frankly could give a @#$% less whatothers think.

VAopencarry

imported post

Throwing out an accusation and then ask for clarification isn't fact checking. If you were 'fact checking' then why did you later state it was your opinion?!!!

Obviously if you watched the video you weren't paying attention. You were so disturbed by the guy acting like an ass but you can't even remember who it was. Get your 'facts' straight before you accuse!!!

jmb_nova

imported post

VAopencarry wrote:
Throwing out an accusation and then ask for clarification isn't fact checking. If you were 'fact checking' then why did you later state it was your opinion?!!!

Obviously if you watched the video you weren't paying attention. You were so disturbed by the guy acting like an ass but you can't even remember who it was. Get your 'facts' straight before you accuse!!!

Calm down Francis, your panties are getting all bunched up.

I did not accuse anyone of anything, I merely asked for clarification on whether or not this specifc shop was the one i remembered from the video. Obviously when it was stated that it was NOT G&A, I went back and edited my post (before you decided to comment anyway) I believe that this is what you are refering to as 'fact checking'. The video also did NOT take the time to show any possible flags that may or may not have been flying out in front of the shop at the time of the interview. Sorry that I was unable to see the Gadsden that OBVIOUSLY means that person would never donate to the Obama campaign like I "accused"! (Oh, the horror!)

My OPINION was that the guy in the video, regardless of what shop he owned, acted and sounded like an ass. Yep, that was MY opinion so no 'fact checking' was needed. YOUR OPINION is that he did not act like an ass. I'll just let you have your opinion since it is YOURS; sogive me the same courtesy and leave mine the @#$% alone.I can remember the video but I could not remember the tagline at the bottom of the screen that stated the shop name. I also could not look it up because NMCIblocks youtube. My God, I must be such an @#$% since I dont have the capacity to remember the name of a shop from a video seen months ago!!!

Only accusation I have made is that there was no need for your rude comments that were obviously not well thought out and certainly not necessary as the question had already been answered before your "Not Even Close"

So yeah, I think you wasted enough of my time as is. When you grow up, maybe we will have a decent conversation.

Mt Vernon .40

imported post

kaiheitai17 wrote:
... You guys won't go wrong with G&A ...
... In an attempt to get this thread back on-topic ...

Made my first trip out to G&A yesterday afternoon.

(I was picking-up some folks from Dulles at 5:15 PM so I used "beating the traffic" as my rationale to head west early)

While they didn't have in-stock the particular .40 cartridges I was looking for (what else is new), I too was very impressed with both the store and the staff as I checked-out numerous other potential "Christmas presents."

kaiheitai17

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Mt Vernon .40 wrote:
kaiheitai17 wrote:
... You guys won't go wrong with G&A ...
... In an attempt to get this thread back on-topic ...

Made my first trip out to G&A yesterday afternoon.

(I was picking-up some folks from Dulles at 5:15 PM so I used "beating the traffic" as my rationale to head west early)

While they didn't have in-stock the particular .40 cartridges I was looking for (what else is new), I too was very impressed with both the store and the staff as I checked-out numerous other potential "Christmas presents."

Then I'm happy that the info in this thread has influenced you in a positive way.

Please guys, the intention of this thread was not disparage one shop or another. Va Arms has an excellent shop and personnel and is highly recommended by others. Let's please give Guns and Ammo their fair due. In many cases your mileage may vary at any gun shop. Mpolo's problem may have just been the issue of the lone rogue employee misunderstanding the requirements.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

mpolo79 wrote:

Don't see any dots to connect. One negative experience does not a pattern create.

Yata hey

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

jmb_nova wrote:
Never bought anything from G&A but the ONE time I was there, I waited 30 minutes before anyone would talk to me (only 1 other guy in there) the guy at the counter tried to tell me that he didnt carry Kahr pistols and whatI really wanted was a High Point. :? I turned around, walked out and have not been back since.
I'm gonna have to call shennanigans on that since we as a policy don't carry High Points and never have as long as I worked there. When was this and what did the person who helped you look like?

Marco

imported post

longwatch wrote:
jmb_nova wrote:
I'm gonna have to call shennanigans on that since we as a policy don't carry High Points and never have as long as I worked there. When was this and what did the person who helped you look like?
j_n, there is almost always at least one Kahrvariant in the cases.
Know most of the staff and I'm in that shop weekly, never seen anything similar to what you claim.

Not saying it didn't happen just it is impossible to believe it did.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Agent19 wrote:
longwatch wrote:
jmb_nova wrote:
Never bought anything from G&A but the ONE time I was there, I waited 30 minutes before anyone would talk to me (only 1 other guy in there) the guy at the counter tried to tell me that he didnt carry Kahr pistols and what I really wanted was a High Point.  :?  I turned around, walked out and have not been back since.
I'm gonna have to call shennanigans on that since we as a policy don't carry High Points and never have as long as I worked there.  When was this and what did the person who helped you look like?
j_n, there is almost always at least one Kahr variant in the cases.
Know most of the staff and I'm in that shop weekly, never seen anything similar to what you claim.

Not saying it didn't happen just it is impossible to believe it did.

I am afraid I have to agree. Every time I have been to G&A my experiance has been that if I even get close to the cases, someone asks if they can help me find anything in particular. Now I suppose this might just be them profiling me as a bad actor or something, after all I am not the most harmless looking person.:lol:

In any case my experience there has always been good.

Regards

jmb_nova

imported post

Understood guys...

This was 2-3 years ago and it was the only time I went in there. Dude behind the counter was a big fella with a goatee. Thats all I remember.

Maybe it was said as a joke and since I didn't hang around to find out, I will never know.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Well that description sounds like me but I've only been working there since last year, but it might have been someone from before my tenure. Are you sure we didn't suggest a Hi Power? We are a Browning dealer after all and that is something I might suggest as an alternative to a Kahr. But if we screwed up I apologize and hope you would give us another chance.

vt800c

imported post

I didn't know too much about G&A before this thread (saw it mentioned...sorta let it go...) but next time I find myself down by that way, I plan on stopping in...if nothing else, just for a look-see.

Sound fair?

Placementvs.Calibur

imported post

I've purchased 2guns from this shop.1 at the National Gun Show, 1 at the store. Both timesI was OC'ing. The salesperson at the gun show said nothing about my OC (also traded up), but when I went to the shop to buy a gunthe salesperson commented negatively onmy OC'ing. Regardless, It's the best shop in NOVA formost gunpurchases.

nova

imported post

Placementvs.Calibur wrote:
I've purchased 2guns from this shop.1 at the National Gun Show, 1 at the store. Both timesI was OC'ing. The salesperson at the gun show said nothing about my OC (also traded up), but when I went to the shop to buy a gunthe salesperson commented negatively onmy OC'ing. Regardless, It's the best shop in NOVA formost gunpurchases.
Odd. I open carry at G&A very frequently. Over the summer I'd probably make it out there every other week at least, never a single negative remark regarding open carry (a few pro comments from various employees).

I also OC regularly to VA Arms just down rt.28, never a single issue there either.