• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Guns and Ammo Warehouse (G&A)

kaiheitai17

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I know that this is a bit off topic but it does concern a firearms transaction and a firearm for carry.

I just picked up a pistol that I had purchased off of GunBroker and G&A did the transfer ($25) for me. I am very pleased with the service that I received and was impressed with how well the store was stocked with not only firearms but also reloading gear and components. You guys won't go wrong with G&A. A big thanks to G&A!

Longwatch wasn't there today but the rest of the sales staff was very helpful.

jegoodin

imported post

kaiheitai17 wrote:
I know that this is a bit off topic but it does concern a firearms transaction and a firearm for carry.

I just picked up a pistol that I had purchased off of GunBroker and G&A did the transfer ($25) for me. I am very pleased with the service that I received and was impressed with how well the store was stocked with not only firearms but also reloading gear and components. You guys won't go wrong with G&A. A big thanks to G&A!

Longwatch wasn't there today but the rest of the sales staff was very helpful.
Yeah, they are a class act over there. I stop by regularly for free coffee and to cruise their used gun display. Over the years I think the free coffee has cost me several thousand dollars.

nova

imported post

yeah I read the post by longwatch over on arfcom...25 dollar transfers...I think that now beats VA Arms and most others in NoVA for actual storefront shops.

markand

imported post

Regular_Joe wrote:
Where is it?
10981 Nokesville Road, Manassas, VA 20110
703-365-9092

Nokesville Road is basically Route 28 west of Manassas near the airport.

From I-66, take route 234 (NOT business 234) and exit at route 28 west. They're on the left.

A wonderful gun store.

jadedone4

imported post

Good shop, good shopping experiences there - I liked the fact that the sales staff, when they did not have what I wanted, did not hesitate to send me down the road to VAC. I ended up still spending about a $100 on stuff at G&A/W, because of the positive interactions.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

THat's good to know and not OT at all.

I bought an out of state gun last week and asked Greentops what they charged...75.00

Yeah, right. I won't bother them anymore with that question.

Aylors in Victoria is doing it for $25.00 and glad to have the business.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Was very positively impressed with Aylors in Victoria. Nice shop, friendly people.

One of these days DoubleTap and I are going to ride down to that place where we ate breakfast across the street from Aylors - best breakfast I've had in years.

Yata hey

mpolo79

imported post

I also prefer Guns and Ammo.

Virginia Arms is just down the road and I would highly recommend staying away from that place. They tried to lie to me and tell me I was required to give them my social security number to pick up a gun. Their staff is very sharp and knowledgeable so I'm pretty sure it wasn't a mistake. When I stated that an SSN is not necessary, they made a show of acting like they had never heard of such a thing. Very shady.

architect

imported post

mpolo79 wrote:
Virginia Arms is just down the road and I would highly recommend staying away from that place. They tried to lie to me and tell me I was required to give them my social security number to pick up a gun. Their staff is very sharp and knowledgeable so I'm pretty sure it wasn't a mistake. When I stated that an SSN is not necessary, they made a show of acting like they had never heard of such a thing. Very shady.
As another data point, my experiences with VA have been very different. They have done several transfers for me and have always accepted "not disclosed, if any" in the space for the SSN on the Fed. and Commonwealth paperwork without any fuss. I would have no hesitation asking them to perform another transfer for me.

I feel VA and G&AW are two of the best gun shops in the NoVa area (although I wouldn't mind seeing someone try to raise the bar even higher). I have no affiliation with either except as a customer.

Hokie

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

mpolo79 wrote:

VA Arms installed my ASAP sling plate for me (do not have a vise so I can not do it myself) for free even though I did not buy it there. I have never had a problem at VA Arms or G&A

mpolo79

imported post

architect wrote:
mpolo79 wrote:
As another data point, my experiences with VA have been very different. They have done several transfers for me and have always accepted "not disclosed, if any" in the space for the SSN on the Fed. and Commonwealth paperwork without any fuss. I would have no hesitation asking them to perform another transfer for me.

I feel VA and G&AW are two of the best gun shops in the NoVa area (although I wouldn't mind seeing someone try to raise the bar even higher). I have no affiliation with either except as a customer.
Interesting.

I have no doubt your experience was what you say it was. Just as I have no doubt my experience was what it was.

What do you think could explain the difference?

chiliman

imported post

mpolo79 wrote:

I've purchased 5 guns from Va Arms without putting my SS# on the forms. No problems or anyone ever even questioning it in any way. Purchased 2 from G&A, same true there.

I don't know what happened there with you. Definitely not good. But they do not, as a practice or policy, ask for a SS #.

As I've said, I've purchased from both and Va Arms is just a more customer oriented well run business in my opinion. Whether your a buyer or window shopping you can always count on someone there being willing to talk your ear off about whatever topic you bring up. They're just good people. (please...not saying G&A is not, just a personal preference)

Randy

Chuckles

imported post

mpolo79 wrote:

I have done business withVA several times in the last year or so, both in-store purchases and transfers. I always left that blank and none of the store employees made a peep.

user

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Yup, two of my favorites, as well. I've bought guns, holsters, magazines, slings & stuff from both and always been very happy with the service. I particularly like Va Arms' dedication to absolute safety.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

As to the SSN, if asked I usually tell people doesn't make any difference to the background check if they use it and I tell them I never put mine down. Personally I've never seen its use help a check go faster and that including regular customers with common names who always get delayed who have tried it with and without the SSN.