• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Easy Way To Get Hurt

1FASTC4

imported post

Instead of being obtuse, why don't you use your head?

Why does it matter which way the car is going if the person is pointing a gun at you?

Go ahead, answer the question.

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

1FASTC4 wrote:

Why does it matter which way the car is going if the person is pointing a gun at you?

A vehicle is either traveling directly at you or away from you. Most of the 360 degrees it could be traveling is away from you. If it's traveling at you, MOVE! You're more likely to die in a collision than from a handgun GSW.

Dragonflydf

imported post

1FASTC4 wrote:

I'll answer your questionwith a example, go sit in your car and see how large a field of fire you have, see how many blind spots you have. another thing to consider is how would your bullet do fired into auto glass, front or back windows? most do very poorly, they don't always go straight thru as seen in hollywierd, you are hitting a hard slanted surface some are deflected to some extent. Also, how many of you can hit a moving target that is roughly 18inches tall and 24 inches wide at a range of 20-40 feet with obstructions such are door pillars and frames ? His chance of hitting you is even less than you hitting him, and before you say you would shoot thru the door, do you know how your 9mm or 45 would do against auto sheet metal, also there are things in the door such as window regulator, motors, and so on?

If the threat is coming at you, you are justified, but once he haspast you, I believe you are no longer justified in firing.

The guy was a idiot, but anyone who thinks they are going to play supercop and shoot a guy in a moving car needs to think about not only hitting a very small, moving target, but also if theydo hit him, you now have a little problem of a 2,000 lb plus car with no onecontrolling it.

1FASTC4

imported post

I think so too, those would be difficult shots, whether you were trying to hit the door or the window... at least for me. I'm pretty sure that having a gun pointed at me and having the target moving would make it a hard shot.

but once he haspast you, I believe you are no longer justified in firing.
I'm trying to follow your logic but I'm not getting it. The threat isn't removed once he starts driving past you, so why are you no longer allowed to defend yourself? In other words a guy who is driving away from you yet still firing, is still a threat.

Now that would be a hard shot: Driving, looking back, and actually hitting what you intend.

With all this, we still don't know if the guy just "showed" his gun or if he actually pointed it.

Some in the thread said they would have shot him as soon as he waved the gun. I think, and I say I think because I've never been in that situation, I think I would have drawn my weapon and then made a decision if he was pointing it at someone or not. I wouldn't have fired at him if he was just "brandishing". That's my view. I don't espouse that it is better than anyone else's.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

What a douche. Does he not realize that there are telephones, police, and license plates on this planet?