• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone know what happened to the Alabama Gun Rights Association web page?

Mississippian

imported post

I had a friend asking me about the carry laws (both open and concealed) in Alabama and I was trying to bring up the Alabama Gun Rights Association's web page but it looks to be currently down.

If it is permenantly down, does anyone know of another website that primarily deals with the OC/CC laws of alabama or maybe even some links to the the Alabama Statutes in regards to OC & CC?

She was telling me some of thelaws she had heard and I am pretty sure they were myths but I'd like to look up the laws myself.

I alsotold here about this site.

Daddyo

imported post

Kurt had said a while back that he wasn't going to continue maintaining the site due to lack of interest.

Most of the info that was on there is on here somewhere also as are most of the people.

He said he would give all the files to anyone who wanted to take over maintenance of the site. I guess nobody stepped up.

kurtmax_0

imported post

Yes. I wasn't planning on taking it down until the end of December, but some of the software running had some rather large security updates, and it wasn't worth updating for a month just to take it down again.

If you'd like I can cook up some simple static page with links to the info and such (all of the file links should still work already since I didn't remove those).

EDIT:

Put up a static page listing relevant information. Added a few documents as well.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

kurtmax_0 wrote:
Yes. I wasn't planning on taking it down until the end of December, but some of the software running had some rather large security updates, and it wasn't worth updating for a month just to take it down again.

If you'd like I can cook up some simple static page with links to the info and such (all of the file links should still work already since I didn't remove those).

EDIT:

Put up a static page listing relevant information. Added a few documents as well.

http://alabamagunrights.org/

Yata hey