Thread: City to shut down illegal rave venue

Post imported post

http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/69569607.html

City to shut down illegal rave venue
    By Georgia Pabst of the Journal Sentinel, Posted: Nov. 9, 2009

A vacant building at 2235-37 N. King Drive where an illegal rave took place over the weekend will be placarded by the Department of Neighborhood Services today at noon, Milwaukee police said Monday.

The owner of the building, Paul Bachowski, was arrested by police and cited for a number of violations, including operating an unlicensed facility, said Anne E. Schwartz, Milwaukee police spokeswoman.

Two security guards who were armed were also arrested for carrying a concealed weapon because they did not have gun permits, she said.

Early Sunday morning police said they counted 312 juveniles at the rave where a DJ was playing music and youth were dancing.

----

Wow Kids were dancing. What an abismal crime.

Post imported post

You never know about those pesky kids who dance the night away. I mean, they could be having fun! :shock:

As for the security guards, what permits are there to CC? Do journalists even do any type of research?
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Banned
    across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

I wonder why the JS didn't write "shut down illegal dance venue", I wonder if there is any particular significance to "rave"?

In a previous life we identified a rave venue by the Nuk pacifiers used to prevent damage from trismus and bruxism - to the point of shattered teeth - and the large number of discarded water bottles from dry mouth.

They shouldn't have written rave without knowing a rave from a sock-hop.

Post imported post

Pointman wrote:

Two security guards who were armed were also arrested for carrying a concealed weapon because they did not have gun permits, she said.
    Perhaps they were talking about the Department of Regulations & Licensing "blue card" that security officers have to have to carry while on duty (open carry only).

But as far as a CCW charge, if they were working there then that venue became their place of business and they should be covered by the Hamdan ruling.

Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar

Post imported post

pkbites wrote:
    But as far as a CCW charge, if they were working there then that venue became their place of business and they should be covered by the Hamdan ruling.
    I was not a legitimate business.

Post imported post

Interceptor_Knight wrote:
    pkbites wrote:
    I was not a legitimate business.
    CC prohibition is not a legitimate law.....

Banned
    across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Now, who is the illegitimate bastard?