• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

City to shut down illegal rave venue

Pointman

imported post

http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/69569607.html

City to shut down illegal rave venue
By Georgia Pabst of the Journal Sentinel, Posted: Nov. 9, 2009

A vacant building at 2235-37 N. King Drive where an illegal rave took place over the weekend will be placarded by the Department of Neighborhood Services today at noon, Milwaukee police said Monday.

The owner of the building, Paul Bachowski, was arrested by police and cited for a number of violations, including operating an unlicensed facility, said Anne E. Schwartz, Milwaukee police spokeswoman.

Two security guards who were armed were also arrested for carrying a concealed weapon because they did not have gun permits, she said.

Early Sunday morning police said they counted 312 juveniles at the rave where a DJ was playing music and youth were dancing.

----

Wow Kids were dancing. What an abismal crime.

protias

imported post

You never know about those pesky kids who dance the night away. I mean, they could be having fun! :shock:

As for the security guards, what permits are there to CC? Do journalists even do any type of research? :banghead:

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

I wonder why the JS didn't write "shut down illegal dance venue", I wonder if there is any particular significance to "rave"?

In a previous life we identified a rave venue by the Nuk pacifiers used to prevent damage from trismus and bruxism - to the point of shattered teeth - and the large number of discarded water bottles from dry mouth.

They shouldn't have written rave without knowing a rave from a sock-hop.

pkbites

imported post

Pointman wrote:
Two security guards who were armed were also arrested for carrying a concealed weapon because they did not have gun permits, she said.

Perhaps they were talking about the Department of Regulations & Licensing "blue card" that security officers have to have to carry while on duty (open carry only).

But as far as a CCW charge, if they were working there then that venue became their place of business and they should be covered by the Hamdan ruling.