• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Potential For Disaster at Drum Intermediate School in U.P.

Sharpender

imported post

This is off the "open carry" topic, but I believe this is relevent.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/21522299/detail.html
http://www.king5.com/news/local/Pol...ng-to-University-Place-students-69176777.html

We had an incident at my daughter's school last week. This guy shows up at Drum Intermediate in University Place where he had been a former student. A teacher allows him into the school where he stays most of the day moving from classroom to classroom telling the students war stories. He spoke of his time in Iraq and Afghanistan and all of the people, including children, he has killed. We know he tried to lure one boy off school grounds to "join the Army"... As if this isn't bad enough, this happend while he was clothed in military camouflage, black beret, combat boots, an empty thigh holster, and body armor...oh and let's not forget the folding knife cliped to his vest. This guy is at my daughters school for hours before it is finally realized that he should not be there. When I think of what could have happened I lose sleep. He was arested the next day by Pierce County Sheriff and release pending investigation. Antonio Codute-Farrison is the POS name and its not the first time he's played dress up. No changes of any significance have been made at Drum Intermediate.

If our government refuses to keep our children safe at school and will not allow me to do it, what do we do as a society?
Why does it take the sight of murdered children being thrown out of school windows for people to wake up?
Was the gun that he carries in his thigh holster in his car and he was smart enough not to bring it in?
Was he doing recon on a soft target?
Will he be back?
Who steps in to protect my daughter if the school and government won't?

I wonder, hypothetically of course, where my line is? What would I do to protect my daughter?

There is a Drum PTSA meeting at the school on Tuesday at 7:00PM to discuss this issue, If you have a child in the school district please attend. Too bad the meeting is on school grounds.

SigPacker

imported post

As a photographer, I go to many schools, elementary through high schools - I disarm at my vehicle, and feel horrible for doing so because I cannot protect anyone in the victim rich zone. The government has taken away the rights to protect your children. I doubt anyones eyes will be opened to this fact anytime soon without a revolution.

FunkTrooper

imported post

Why on earth would you think the government will protect you or your daughter?

If you really want to make your child safe put her into a private school or you can home school at least for now while the government allows it.

olypendrew

imported post

FunkTrooper wrote:

If you really want to make your child safe put her into a private school or you can home school at least for now while the government allows it.
Unfortunately, these are not realistic alternatives for most folks. And I'm not sure how a private school would be more protective.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

olypendrew wrote:
FunkTrooper wrote:

Unfortunately, these are not realistic alternatives for most folks. And I'm not sure how a private school would be more protective.

Would be more realistic if the state didn't force us to pay into the Public Schools, hmmm. Where else could that apply.....lol.

You didn't break any interstate commerce rules? Someone needs to challenge that federal law.

FunkTrooper

imported post

olypendrew wrote:
FunkTrooper wrote:

Not really sure if a Private school would have a better policy but I don't ever remember hearing of someone shooting up a private school. They can be affordable if you look into scholarships and other things these are just a few alternatives and they can be done it just depends on how much of a sacrifice a parent is willing to make for there kids (not to say that if you don't do these things your a bad parent).