• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Handcuffed, detained for 45mins, Mirandized...the works

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Is this Bremerton PD or Washington State Patrol? Need to know because I have contacts with both organizations and the state Ferry System and we can fix this pretty quick.

PolskiG

imported post

I have yet to see anyone win money or a lawsuit in these cases.

My detainment in redmond was simular last spring. i called to file a compliant, the commanding officer just kissed my ass and said he was "sorry" that happened and that it wouldn't happen to me in redmond again and the attorney that I seeked, (which was recommended by people on this site) just said that it wasn't worth seeking any legal damages since is was just cuffeddetained and harrassed for 30 mins. My gun was return after the detainment

Prove me wrong semper, prove me wrong. I'll give you 30 bucks if you actaully end upget any money from BPD.

MadHatter66

imported post

I think its time to have a get together at the terminal in Bremerton. It is not only a ferry terminal, but also a park and eating establishments there as well. Anyone up for a meet? We would need a large number of people to make a statement. Invite the Kitsap Sun...There is a reported there that is on our side...

There is usually a Bremerton Officer there in the evenings...

Crashbox

imported post

Man, this seriously reeks of authority abuse.

Such harassment of OC folks must be put to an immediate and permanent halt. Perhaps legal action is the only way to accomplish it, e.g., the recent case in New Mexico... sounds like one is due here, too, from what I see.

sempercarry

imported post

I appreciate all of your input. I would like to discuss this matter with a 2A familiar attorney.....just to discuss options. If any of you have some contact info, I would be very greatful.

0V3RC10CK3D

imported post

Jesus, this is just RIDICULOUS. It irks me more than anything when LE, the very people that are supposed to uphold the law, are unfamiliar with what the law is in order to uphold it! BLAH.

It's like you can take an online police course, Google the answers, and then walk in and pick up your badge.

j2l3

imported post

swatspyder wrote:
sempercarry wrote:
I appreciate all of your input. I would like to discuss this matter with a 2A familiar attorney.....just to discuss options. If any of you have some contact info, I would be very greatful.
Mark Knapp 253 202 2081

http://www.firearmslawyer.net/
Also, Olypendrew, a member on this forum is an attorney. Check with him.

FunkTrooper

imported post

I'm surprised people still wonder how police can do this sort of stuff and get away with it. This stuff happens all the time to members of our society, and the police apologists who always have excuses for the Police when they do wrong not only allow this sort of behavior but enable it. Why just the other day the cops in Atlanta did a raid on a gay bar and the only reason seemed to be because they hated gays (given comments during the raid) they didn't even find any drugs or illegal weapons. They do these things because they know that they can get away with it.

1245A Defender

imported post

im surprized BPD would do that! i OCd at norm dicks convention center during his public meeting, lotsa cops got to see my P-38, not a word was said.

i know cassad said a OC gun is not RAS, is not a violation of 270. and so did spencer! in a backward way say that open carry of a firearm was not in itself RAS or a violation!

the alamagordo case clearly comes into play here! there was no reason for you to be jacked up by the cops for OC. im not one looking for the blood money, but they sued for 21000$ and won! but the only way for them to learn is to actually loose a constitutional rights case! and MAN your constitutional rights WERE violated! 2nd and 4th!

charging you with 270 is a joke, and then pulling the carrying in a public place!? thats not even a rule!!

question? how did they get your CPL and ID?

1245A Defender

imported post

MadHatter66 wrote:
I think its time to have a get together at the terminal in Bremerton. It is not only a ferry terminal, but also a park and eating establishments there as well. Anyone up for a meet? We would need a large number of people to make a statement. Invite the Kitsap Sun...There is a reported there that is on our side...

There is usually a Bremerton Officer there in the evenings...
i would be more than happy to get together with 1 or EVERYBODY at the bremerton terminal, just about anytime! the sooner the better! sterile carry would be my plan!

Charles Paul Lincoln

imported post

PolskiG wrote:
I have yet to see anyone win money or a lawsuit in these cases.

http://www.examiner.com/x-2782-DC-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2009m9d29-Alamogordo-police-pay-21000-to-settle-open-carry-lawsuit

Because of the timing of Sempercarry's incident relative to this ruling in New Mexico, I'm a bit surprised he was detained and disarmed. There are many parallels between the cases, and I would think that LE agencies would have briefed officers on the possible precedent this case sets. Not our federal district, but in our federal circuit.

Charles

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Remember this goes beyond our 2nd ammendment rights, they violated other rights and broke other laws. The 4th comes to mind. Give 'em hell, hope you have money for lawyer because you will get it all back.

Squeak

imported post

I OC on the ferry quite often. I have never had a problem. It could be the BP cuz I use Southworth.

olypendrew

imported post

This is a reminder of the importance of having EVIDENCE on your side, a witness, a voice recorder, hopefully video footage, can make all sorts of difference, and tilt the scales in what would otherwise be a he-said/she-said sort of case.