Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kimberguy Encounter Video

Post imported post

First of all, thanks to Kimberguy for allowing this video to be seen, and to Mike for taking the time to ediy and upload it.

Notice how the officer asked him if he was a veteran on disability, not even a partial? I'm sure he was hoping that Kimberguy would say yes so he could report it to the gunboard to get his CPL revoked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6Bg6XGDrZc

Post imported post

What are the officers sayingtowards the end of this video after Kimberguy leaves?

A transcript for most of this encounter would be nice. There is a bit that is hard to understand due to wind and traffic.

http://www.youtube.com/OpenCarryMI#p/a/u/1/a-fAjBy5vIQ

Post imported post

Yeah, thanks Kimberguy.

What a fishing expedition...don't talk to the police!

Carry on

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Sadly clueless

Post imported post

Did the mo hawk LEO say he'd rather violate our right to carry a gun for (unintelligible)?
    In retrospect, I should not have let my emotions get the better of me. This is too close to name calling or "bashing" and I won't be posting like this again.

I was and am still angry at what I saw in the videos and saddened that this is considered LE. I hope his actions, as well as his actions that day in the cruiser w/the motorcycle stop had repercussions, though I doubt it.
    Regardless of his motive, or what he said that was unintelligible this LEO gives them all a bad reputation. He says "sooner or later your going to lose your CCW". I thought CCW was a criminal charge- Carrying a concealed weapon. On my application it's a CPL or Concealed Pistol Licence.

And whats with "friendly advice"? I saw nothing friendly. Only harassment and an LEO who feels it's his obligation to interpret the MCL's and doing a poor job of it.

BTW does the CPL not give you the right to open carry?

Peace be with you and always be with your piece!

Post imported post

If you think that one is bad wait till you see the next one. They send the whole department to him. SAME COP pulls him over originally. This guy is quite the tool.

Post imported post

Slugslinger wrote:
    BTW does the CPL not give you the right to open carry?
    There is no prohibition in Michigan against open carry related to your CPL. It doesn't mention a single thing about it. What pisses me off about this video is even after being told by the prosecutor and several other people that it's 100% legal he's still going on a rampage trying to do whatever he can to give KimberGuy a hard time. To me trying to use the fact that hes a veteran against him is quite disgusting. He should be damn thanking him for his service and go do his damn friggin job. Just to give credit where credit is due the ******* cop in this video is Officer Lewis Costley. I hope comments get indexed in google so this comes up every time someone googles his name.

Mike

Post imported post

I ABSOLUTELY agree!!

Where's the second video? or is it that second link?

I thought they were two parts of the same encounter.
    Peace be with you and always be with your piece!

Post imported post

Slugslinger wrote:
    I ABSOLUTELY agree!!

Where's the second video? or is it that second link?

I thought they were two parts of the same encounter.
    There are 3 parts to the first encounter. I'm working on the second encounter now. I just got done with the 3rd cops video. One more to go and I'm going to a use a combination of the 4 videos. This one's interesting because I have 4 different vantage points for 1 video.

Mike

Post imported post

The LEO community needs to do a better job of policing it's own! These loose cannons need to be tied down or removed period!
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

mikestilly wrote:
    Just to give credit where credit is due the ******* cop in this video is Officer Lewis Costley. I hope comments get indexed in google so this comes up every time someone googles his name.

Mike
    I thought the cop that was causing Kimberguy the problems was a different cop, and not Lewis Costly. I could be wrong.

Post imported post

mikestilly wrote:
    This one's interesting because I have 4 different vantage points for 1 video.

Mike
    Mine Target encounter had 3 vantage points also, as well as 2 sets of audio (lapel mic, and in-car audio) for each video. Is this one the same for this particular video?

Post imported post

Slugslinger wrote:
    Did the mohawk LEO say he'd rather violate our right tocarry a gun for (uninteligible)?
    With headphones on I heard "I'd rather violate his rights to carry a gun for the safety of....(inaudible)".

Post imported post

T Vance wrote:
    mikestilly wrote:
    Just to give credit where credit is due the ******* cop in this video is Officer Lewis Costley. I hope comments get indexed in google so this comes up every time someone googles his name.

Mike
    I thought the cop that was causing Kimberguy the problems was a different cop, and not Lewis Costly. I could be wrong.
    The guy who pulled him over was Albert Albrecht but Lewis Costley was the one who was giving him the hard time. He also stated in the video the reason he pulled him over was for open carrying. Then he harasses the hell out of him. You will see soon. Then he calls in 3 other police cars. There are a total of like 8 policeman there. KimberGuy kudos to your buddy that told off the cop and they let him go. He was very close to obstruction. I'm glad he left when he did. He should have left after the first time they told him.

Kimberguy- was that an open carry card he was reading? The policemen was reading it to the Lewis Costley and he yells that a piece of sh*t lol. From my point of view the problem was this one cop Lewis Costley who continually makes up some law stating it must be concealed if you have a CPL.

Mike

Post imported post

Okay, so let me get this strait. The Whopper Jr. is only a buck?
    "Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    Luke 22:36
    God Bless

Post imported post

T Vance wrote:
    A transcript for most of this encounter would be nice. There is a bit that is hard to understand due to wind and traffic.
    I second this.
    "You'll be walking along.. OC.. and you'll feel GREAT. You'll feel FREEEEE like 1776 kind of Free." -cscitney87

Post imported post

mikestilly wrote:
    The guy who pulled him over was Albert Albrecht but Lewis Costley was the one who was giving him the hard time. He also stated in the video the reason he pulled him over was for open carrying. Then he harasses the hell out of him. You will see soon. Then he calls in 3 other police cars. There are a total of like 8 policeman there.
    Kimberguy told me the cop the was having issues with was Albrecht. He said that was the cop who stopped him 3 seperate times, and tryed turning around to stop him a 4th.

Albrecht was also the officer that was atKimberguy's court trial I went to.

Post imported post

Anyone else notice that at 27:55 on the dash cam (video part one), it jumps to 29:27? Maybe other parts are cut out too, not checked yet.
    “Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it.” - George Bernard Shaw

Post imported post

a2fireball wrote:
    Anyone else notice that at 27:55 on the dash cam (video part one), it jumps to 29:27?Â* Maybe other parts are cut out too, not checked yet.
    It is edited video. Had to remove lots of personal information and white noise. The original was fully intact.

Post imported post

mikestilly wrote:
    a2fireball wrote:
    Anyone else notice that at 27:55 on the dash cam (video part one), it jumps to 29:27? Maybe other parts are cut out too, not checked yet.
    It is edited video. Had to remove lots of personal information and white noise. The original was fully intact.
    OK, gotcha.
    “Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it.” - George Bernard Shaw

Post imported post

That video makes me want to make a trip to Jackson now that I have another fuel efficient car.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Time for a DDOC Event!

Distributed Downtown Open Carry!

Meet up afterward at a Denny's/IHOP for some eats.

I'm in, would a Local Yokel like to set that one up?

Post imported post

Remember, these incidents took place in the spring/early summer. There have been a number of OC related events in the Jackson area since all of our detaiments. Knock on wood, but it seems like the police, businesses, and people around the community are aware that we are here and aren't going anywhere, or that we aren't doing it to cause trouble.

Post imported post

That was what I was thinking... that it was early summer when these happend... I just hope they don't forget about us this winter and try to play dumb in the spring! I intend to get a coat that makes OC easier just to keep the pilot lit so to speak
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
    That was what I was thinking... that it was early summer when these happend... I just hope they don't forget about us this winter and try to play dumb in the spring! I intend to get a coat that makes OC easier just to keep the pilot lit so to speak
    I tend to take my coat off when I go into stores, if I wear one which is kind of rare.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast