• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kimberguy Encounter Video

T Vance

imported post

First of all, thanks to Kimberguy for allowing this video to be seen, and to Mike for taking the time to ediy and upload it.

Notice how the officer asked him if he was a veteran on disability, not even a partial? I'm sure he was hoping that Kimberguy would say yes so he could report it to the gunboard to get his CPL revoked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6Bg6XGDrZc

Slugslinger

imported post

Did the mo hawk LEO say he'd rather violate our right to carry a gun for (unintelligible)?
In retrospect, I should not have let my emotions get the better of me. This is too close to name calling or "bashing" and I won't be posting like this again.

I was and am still angry at what I saw in the videos and saddened that this is considered LE. I hope his actions, as well as his actions that day in the cruiser w/the motorcycle stop had repercussions, though I doubt it.
Regardless of his motive, or what he said that was unintelligible this LEO gives them all a bad reputation. He says "sooner or later your going to lose your CCW". I thought CCW was a criminal charge- Carrying a concealed weapon. On my application it's a CPL or Concealed Pistol Licence.

And whats with "friendly advice"? I saw nothing friendly. Only harassment and an LEO who feels it's his obligation to interpret the MCL's and doing a poor job of it.

BTW does the CPL not give you the right to open carry?

mikestilly

imported post

Slugslinger wrote:
BTW does the CPL not give you the right to open carry?

There is no prohibition in Michigan against open carry related to your CPL. It doesn't mention a single thing about it. What pisses me off about this video is even after being told by the prosecutor and several other people that it's 100% legal he's still going on a rampage trying to do whatever he can to give KimberGuy a hard time. To me trying to use the fact that hes a veteran against him is quite disgusting. He should be damn thanking him for his service and go do his damn friggin job. Just to give credit where credit is due the jackass cop in this video is Officer Lewis Costley. I hope comments get indexed in google so this comes up every time someone googles his name. ;)

Mike

mikestilly

imported post

Slugslinger wrote:
I ABSOLUTELY agree!!

Where's the second video? or is it that second link?

I thought they were two parts of the same encounter.

There are 3 parts to the first encounter. I'm working on the second encounter now. I just got done with the 3rd cops video. One more to go and I'm going to a use a combination of the 4 videos. This one's interesting because I have 4 different vantage points for 1 video.

Mike

T Vance

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
Just to give credit where credit is due the jackass cop in this video is Officer Lewis Costley. I hope comments get indexed in google so this comes up every time someone googles his name. ;)

Mike
I thought the cop that was causing Kimberguy the problems was a different cop, and not Lewis Costly. I could be wrong.

T Vance

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
This one's interesting because I have 4 different vantage points for 1 video.

Mike
Mine Target encounter had 3 vantage points also, as well as 2 sets of audio (lapel mic, and in-car audio) for each video. Is this one the same for this particular video?

T Vance

imported post

Slugslinger wrote:
Did the mohawk LEO say he'd rather violate our right tocarry a gun for (uninteligible)?
With headphones on I heard "I'd rather violate his rights to carry a gun for the safety of....(inaudible)".

mikestilly

imported post

T Vance wrote:
mikestilly wrote:
Just to give credit where credit is due the jackass cop in this video is Officer Lewis Costley. I hope comments get indexed in google so this comes up every time someone googles his name. ;)

Mike
I thought the cop that was causing Kimberguy the problems was a different cop, and not Lewis Costly. I could be wrong.

The guy who pulled him over was Albert Albrecht but Lewis Costley was the one who was giving him the hard time. He also stated in the video the reason he pulled him over was for open carrying. Then he harasses the hell out of him. You will see soon. Then he calls in 3 other police cars. There are a total of like 8 policeman there. KimberGuy kudos to your buddy that told off the cop and they let him go. He was very close to obstruction. I'm glad he left when he did. He should have left after the first time they told him.

Kimberguy- was that an open carry card he was reading? The policemen was reading it to the Lewis Costley and he yells that a piece of sh*t lol. From my point of view the problem was this one cop Lewis Costley who continually makes up some law stating it must be concealed if you have a CPL.

Mike

T Vance

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
The guy who pulled him over was Albert Albrecht but Lewis Costley was the one who was giving him the hard time. He also stated in the video the reason he pulled him over was for open carrying. Then he harasses the hell out of him. You will see soon. Then he calls in 3 other police cars. There are a total of like 8 policeman there.

Kimberguy told me the cop the was having issues with was Albrecht. He said that was the cop who stopped him 3 seperate times, and tryed turning around to stop him a 4th.

Albrecht was also the officer that was atKimberguy's court trial I went to.

mikestilly

imported post

a2fireball wrote:
Anyone else notice that at 27:55 on the dash cam (video part one), it jumps to 29:27?  Maybe other parts are cut out too, not checked yet.

It is edited video. Had to remove lots of personal information and white noise. The original was fully intact.