• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My evil plan is working....

SAK

imported post

A lot of Illinois people are getting interested in participating in Open Carry events up in Wisconsin. I was hoping to take down the border so-to-speak, and it appears to be working. Illinoisans can help Wisconsinites out with right-to-carry, and vice versa :)

We can't open carry down in Illinois, but we can fannypack carry :D

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

Sak, I don't know man, It is hard to say if your plan will have the intended effects or not.

You know as well as I do there is majorfriction betweenpeople from Illinois andWisconsin. I see it vividly every single day up here.

This plan may just backfire on you, especially if your fellow statesmen plan on wearing Bears, Bulls, Sox, or Cubbiesattire while in this state.

Thegeneraljoke around this area by most is;
"Why do theF.I.B.'s feelthey need to advertise to usthat they are from Illinois, We can already know where they are from just by the pissed-off expression on their faces, and the waythey rudely treat others"

Don't take it personally, but I feel your plan is most likely destined for failure unless some WI etiquette courses are taught first.
The northwoods cops see an Illinois citation as a trophy for themselves, it is very obvious when a cop singles out an Illinois driverfrom a pack of 10-12 speeders traveling north on Hwy 51. They usually let you go if you are traveling south though. I wonder why??:p:shock::D:)

SAK

imported post

Hopefully you'll feel differently in a few years. It's not my fault Favre went to play for another team :p

No but in seriousness, I think it's a good idea to team up and support each other across the border. It increases our numbers and perhaps after you get all that help from us down in Illinois it'll go a long way to remove that anti-Illinois bigotry you've got goin up there.

ya ya don't cha know

SAK

imported post

It doesn't necessarily have to be a fannypack - there are other much more fashionable solutions. Doesn't matter where its worn as long as the firearm is inside, it's closed up, and the firearm is unloaded. Ammo can be anywhere - loaded mags are fine - just not INSIDE the magazine well of the pistol.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

I don't have any majorissues with our neighbors to the south, I know what you guys are forced to deal with on a daily basis and it sucks maor Donkey Dong IMO! The people that have issues are the ones that never left the northwoods and do not know what you guys are forced to deal with on a daily basis.
I did a 7-year sentence down there as a field service engineer. My first 2 weeks living down there it all became crystal clearas towhy most everyone in ILis so uptight and crabby all the time.

Traffic! Scammers! Illegals and shiftless American-born individuals leeching off the hardworking taxpayers. The goofy laws that prevent a person from exercisingtheir god-given right to defend themselves for fear of incarceration. Did I mention the Traffic? And we cannot dismiss the traffic either!:banghead::banghead::banghead:. Illegals having more rights than natural born citizens and nothing being done about it. You know what happens when the catch an illegal driving illegally here, they are taken into custody, the vehicle is impounded, and the INS is called to deal with it. Down there they drive around uninsured, no license, get in car wrecks and skip the country to go back to Mexico and return under a new assumed name.
The outrageous cost of cetain things like a minor-league hockey game or $26.00/Hr parking in the loop. The crooked politics, the flaming liberals and PETA freaks trying to force their will onto you. Oh, the traffic! (did I mention that)

So it is not me that has a problem with out southern neighbors, I am just stating that I know several people that do, and it usually boils down to what these people consider rudeness. When in fact it is not being rude, it is just the way you guys are forced to deal with people to be able to get things done down there.

Lammie

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Nutczak:

Have you already forgot the three finger rule. "When you point one finger at someone else you have three pointing back". You say you don't have a problem with Illinois people yet the hidden meaning in your words say otherwise. I have in-laws East of St. Louis and SAK is correct the attitudes and personalities of the people in that area are vastly diggerent than around Chicago but do you know what, they don't care too much for Wisconsonites either. Maybe it isour arrogance and selfish attitude that is the real problem. As Rodney King said years ago "Can't we just get along"?