• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anybody know Anty506 new news?

1245A Defender

imported post

advocate.jpg

are there any updates about this guy?

1245A Defender

imported post

scene+burn+072809.jpg

CLINTON — Police and the state Fire Marshal’s Office are investigating a Saturday night fire that destroyed a house where a man was shot to death less than 24 hours earlier, Police Chief Eddie Stewart said.

The fire at 10136 Kennedy St. gutted the interior and burned large holes in sides of a shotgun-style home where an occupant, 21-year-old Jarrel Matthews, was fatally shot shortly after 11 p.m. Friday, Stewart said.

The fire, one of three in a one-block area during a 48-hour period, was first reported to the East Feliciana Parish 911 dispatchers at 6:07 p.m. Saturday, according to a Sheriff’s Office radio log report.

“We definitely suspect arson. I checked that house carefully when we left, making sure the stove was off,” the police chief said.

Police booked Anthony Manzella, 19, 52423 Piazza Road, Hammond, with first-degree murder in Matthews’ death — initially identified by police by the last name Matthew. Also booked in the incident were Johnny Barnes, 27, 3302 Quiet Lane, Jackson, and Andrew Robertson, 23, 14568 Kohnke Hill Road, Hammond, both with principal to first-degree murder.

Stewart said the two Hammond men came to Clinton to buy drugs from Matthews and Barnes, but Matthews allegedly struck Manzella in the back of the head with a rifle shortly after the visitors entered the house.

Manzella told investigators he was armed with a gun and shot Matthews in the lower abdomen, Stewart said.

After the shooting, the three men ran out in the street and Barnes approached a Clinton police officer who was driving by at that moment, Stewart said. After learning that a man had been shot, the officer took the three into custody.

In addition to guns, police recovered an assortment of pills, a small amount of marijuana and a white powdery material, Stewart said. “Maybe somebody thought we missed something and set it on fire, but we think we got what we needed,” the police chief said.

Barnes told police the powder is ground-up Tylenol, but Stewart said it will be submitted to the State Police Crime Lab for testing.

The first fire in the neighborhood was reported at 1:45 a.m. Friday and firefighters had to be called out two more times when flames broke out in the vacant brick veneer home.

Clinton Fire Chief Doug Beauchamp said arson is suspected in the fires, but firefighters have no evidence to support their suspicions.

While police were investigating the shooting, a fire was reported in a Johnson Street trailer where Matthews’ mother once lived, Stewart said.

Police recovered a flammable liquid that may have been used to start a fire in the interior of the trailer, Stewart said.

1245A Defender

imported post

I'm glad you guys have this thread. I was just about to make a thread asking some questions about this.

I was wanting to find out if this would be OK on my part.

My little brother went to a party at someones house one night where the dad allowed the high school kids to drink and smoke [highlight= #ffff88]weed[/highlight].

Now the cops normally come to the parties and really don't say much about the kids drinking and they don't ever catch the ones smoking [highlight= #ffff88]weed[/highlight].

Now here is where is gets bad in my opinion.

While the party is going on, the dad decides to come out side with his gun and starts firing in the air for the hell of it.

He told the kids it was blanks but we all know it was not blanks.

Now this same kid is having a party tonight! I will be going to it this time to see what all goes on at this party.

If the dad decides to come outside and start firing his weapon like a mad man, would a citizens arrest be 100% legal and would I be in any type of trouble if I pull my weapon to detain the situation?

In my eyes, he was putting everyone's lives in danger.

Would I be OK if I were to do this if it occurs tonight?

Well I just got back from this party.

Right before I went to the party I sat at the Tangipahoa Sherrif's sub station with my buddy who is the Sergent and told him I was about to go to this party and he said that he already had some complaints about what happened last time and that he was going to be breaking it up soon.

Well I get to the party and as I'm talking to some people that I know, I am choked from behind and feel someone going for my gun. I try to get [highlight= #88ffff]control[/highlight] of the gun but instead I get my gun pointed at me.

Its the crazy dad pointing my gun at me and screaming what the f%%% you doing with a gun I'm on parole and house arrest and I told him I'm with Mr.(Sergent) from the Tangi Sherrif (as my buddy told me to say if there was any trouble and after I call he would come take care of it)

Well the dad tells me he doesn't give a F*** who I'm with and pulls a gun from his waste and puts it to my head and says he will blow my brains out. I stayed calm and just told him to put his gun down and return my firearm. After some people go to him and calm him down, he gives me my firearm back and says get the f*** out of here.

So as it would have no longer been a "good kill" as I was no longer threated with a gun to my head, I walked away and called the Sgt.

Once all of the cops pulled in, he tried to appoligize of course and then once he found out that everyone was a witness to what happened including his son, he threatened to press charges on me for tresspassing with a weapon on his property.

So I couldn't press charges on him even though he put his gun to my head while holding my gun in my cheast because he would press charges on me.

So after talking to my buddy, he suggested I let it go or he would be pressing charges on me as well.

What would you guys have done in this situation? I knew it was no longer a "good kill" (no kill is a good kill) and I knew that even if I did have [highlight= #88ffff]control[/highlight] of my weapon when he put his to my head and I would have shot him, his [highlight= #ffff88]weed[/highlight] head buddies would have shot me.

It was a tough situation but I did use my head and stayed calm about everything, but what would you guys have done?

I know this should most likely be a thread of its own, but I'm posting here as I was just talking about this party in this thread eariler today.
this is what he was doing about a week before the shooting.

TFred

imported post

Looks like he was indicted for first degree murder on August 4th, so I would expect he is and will remain incarcerated, until further news accounts are published.

http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/suburban/52484152.html

This article mentions his propensity toward Open Carry, but suggests he was concealing his Glock during this particular incident.

Ironically, the Google-fu is clouded because there is a District Attorney in Los Angeles by the exact same name who prosecutes a lot of drug and murder crimes.

TFred

MSC 45ACP

imported post

The legal web site was a very interesting read. Amazing he thought he could get help there without anyone realizing it was the same guy. He even used his old S/N. Go figure.

Bottom Line: As much as we'd like to believe ALL OCers are law abiding citizens, it just ain't true. I still think MOST of us are, but this is a clear case of "one bad egg". That doesn't make the whole batch rotten.

He was unlawfully CCing.
He was unlawfully carrying a pistol in the comission of a crime (attempting to obtain drugs).
He unlawfully shot someone while attempting to obtain drugs.
Self defense doesn't apply when you're already breaking the law.
That would be the same as someone breaking in my home, shooting me, then claiming self defense.
That would be silly.

Tawnos

imported post

ODA 226 wrote:
What an idiot! He's screwed and rightly so.
"Rightly so" perhaps not. The fact he couldn't go to 7-11 and purchase cannabis from a legal and regulated source is what precipitated this unfortunate string of events. Had that been the case, there would have never been a setup for a robbery, and the person would have never felt the need to defend themselves against a person wielding an AK. It's tragic because the person merely wanted to buy an intoxicant (cannabis), no different than one wanting to buy a six pack of beer, and had to do it from a source that then threatened to murder them. Why shouldn't he be able to protect himself in that case?

Shitty situation all around. The fact cannabis is illegal. The fact someone tried to rob and murder another. The fact the attempted robber is now dead. The fact the robber's killer is being charged with murder in the first.

wrightme

imported post

Tawnos wrote:
ODA 226 wrote:
What an idiot! He's screwed and rightly so.
"Rightly so" perhaps not. The fact he couldn't go to 7-11 and purchase cannabis from a legal and regulated source is what precipitated this unfortunate string of events. Had that been the case, there would have never been a setup for a robbery, and the person would have never felt the need to defend themselves against a person wielding an AK. It's tragic because the person merely wanted to buy an intoxicant (cannabis), no different than one wanting to buy a six pack of beer, and had to do it from a source that then threatened to murder them. Why shouldn't he be able to protect himself in that case?

@#$%ty situation all around. The fact cannabis is illegal. The fact someone tried to rob and murder another. The fact the attempted robber is now dead. The fact the robber's killer is being charged with murder in the first.
Disagreeing with a law does not justify breaking it. He chose to break the law to get pot. Claiming pot should be legal does not alter the facts.

ODA 226

imported post

I'm an ex-Peace Officer and I think that grass should be legalized. Suprised?

You have no argument. The law is the the law and he broke it. If you disagree with the law, change it.

KBCraig

imported post

ODA 226 wrote:

You have no argument. The law is the the law and he broke it. If you disagree with the law, change it.

Thoreau. Gandhi. Parks. Schindler. The Apostle Paul. Mandela.

A great many people would disagree with you, and point out that obeying an immoral law is, in itself, immoral.

MSC 45ACP

imported post

ODA 226 wrote:

+1,000

I've been an LEO, too. I've seen 80,000 LBS (yes, that's EIGHTY THOUSAND POUNDS) of uncut, unprocessed bales ofpot on a ship. Legalizing and taxing it would make a lot of folks' jobs much easier. Prohibition was enacted and subsequently repealed. The same could happen with pot if enough people were interested in fixing it. They sure could use the $$$ to pay for their silly@$$ healthcare bill!!! OOPS... I'm making too much sense now. I'll STFU.

Bottom line is that it IS the law and he broke it. Heknew he was going to break the law by carrying a weaponin the comission of a crime and he knew the consequences. He's a big boy and unfortunately, is going to have to pay for a "big boy" crime.
Asilly trite expression seems to come to mind: "Don't do the crime if you can't do the time..." I'm sure we all consider the consequences of our actions every time we pick up our firearms and leave the house. We can't wander around with our heads in the clouds (condition white) and not accept the consequences of our actions. You make a conscious decision to pull the trigger. Every time you pull the trigger, the potential for a life-changing event exists. At the range, my rounds have always gone where they were intended to go. If I have poor range manners and bad trigger finger discipline, I could potentially change the life of the person shooting next to me. It would also change my own life.

Life is all about decisions. Hopefully we don't make too many wrong ones that result in life-changing consequences.

<philisophical rant Off>

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

ODA 226 wrote:
SNIPIf you disagree with the law, change it.

Just in a general sense, not particularlyto the point ofthis case.

Following such advice would mean the government, any government could just make law after law, tightening the noose on the citizenry. The fedgov already ignores the people--see the history on the $700B stimulus, immigration in 2006-7, etc., etc.

Also, the whole reason juries exist. An intended check on the government. Going all the way back to Magna Carta. Want toknow more about the rights and powers of juries than 99% of the US population? Read the first several paragraphs of the essay linked below. Here is an exerpt:

For more than six hundred years --- that is, since Magna Carta, in 1215 --- there has been no clearer principle of English or American constitutional law, than that, in criminal cases, it is not only the right and duty of juries to judge what are the facts, what is the law, and what was the moral intent of the accused; but that it is also their right, and their primary and paramount duty, to judge of the justice of the law, and to hold all laws invalid, that are, in their opinion, unjust or oppressive, and all persons guiltless in violating, or resisting the execution of, such laws.

Unless such be the right and duty of jurors, it is plain that, instead of juries being a “palladium of liberty” --- a barrier against the tyranny and oppression of the government --- they are really mere tools in its hands, for carrying into execution any injustice and oppression it may desire to have executed.

But for their right to judge of the law, and the justice of the law, juries would be no protection to an accused person, even as to matters of fact; for, if the government can dictate to a jury any law whatever, in a criminal case, it can certainly dictate to them the laws of evidence. That is, it can dictate what evidence is admissible, and what inadmissible, and also what force or weight is to be given to the evidence admitted. And if the government can thus dictate to a jury the laws of evidence, it can not only make it necessary for them to convict on a partial exhibition of the evidence rightfully pertaining to the case, but it can even require them [*6] to convict on any evidence whatever that it pleases to offer them...

An Essay on the Trial by Jury, Lysander Spooner, 1852

http://lysanderspooner.org/node/35

wrightme

imported post

KBCraig wrote:
ODA 226 wrote:

A great many people would disagree with you, and point out that obeying an immoral law is, in itself, immoral.
What is "immoral" about the law in this case?

MSC 45ACP

imported post

wrightme wrote:
KBCraig wrote:
ODA 226 wrote:

What is "immoral" about the law in this case?
... Do tell. Which law is "immoral"?

Slavery is immoral.

Vanna wants to know... "Want to buy another definition?"
That one don't float.

Gordie

imported post

Judging from some of hispreviousposts, he was looking for trouble and he eventually found it. I don't think it had as much to do with drugs as it did being an idiot.

Dreamer

imported post

MSC 45ACP,

I think "Anty506" deserves what he got. He broke the law, and he deserves to be punished.

I believe in changing immoral laws through civil disobedience, legislative activism, and political action. I DO NOT consider participation in street crime activity to be "civil disobedience". You folks are right--this guy broke the law and that cannot be excused, and he should be punished under the law.

However, the law he broke (attempting to purchase marijuana) IS an immoral law, and let me explain why:

Immoral is a set of laws that makes the possession or cultivation of a plant that grows naturally on EVERY continent of the planet (except Antarctica) a crime.

Immoral is making it a crime to possess or use a plant that naturally begins to be metabolized at EXACTLY 98.6° F. (Are you saying that God gave us a "dangerous drug" that just happen to be optimally usable at normal human body temperature? Maybe we should bring God up on RICO charges...)

Immoral is the Hearst Publishing Company, that published fake newspaper articles all over the nation in the two years before Hemp was made illegal in the US, stating that smoking it led Mexicans and Blacks to go on murderous rampages, to lust after white women, and to speak up against racist laws restricting their rights.

Immoral is the ENTIRE "War on Drugs" which is REALLY a war on all non-white people, and a war on the use, manufacture, and distribution of intoxicants that are not taxed, SPECIFICALLY because they are not taxed.

Immoral is the fact that the mandatory minimum for possession of quantities of marijuana in excess of 1oz are nearly TWICE the mandatory minimum for rape or child molestation.

Immoral is that the USA has more incarcerated people per capita than ANY other nation on the planet, INCLUDING nations like China and North Korea, and that over 80% of the people incarcerated for drug violations are there for simple possession.

Immoral is that the ONLY subsection of the Construction Sector that has experienced consistent growth for the last 10 years in the USA is the Prison Construction Industry, and that the LARGEST contributor to the incarcerated population is "drug convictions". Immoral is that the LARGEST corporate lobbying groups for stronger drug laws are from the Construction, Surveillance, and Security industries, the very people who serve most to profit from increased incarceration...

Immoral is that the VERY fiber that the publicly-distributed printed versions of our Declaration of Independence and Constitution, and the "Betsy Ross" Flag on display in the Smithsonian is, today, illegal to grow in the USA.

Immoral is that EVERY SINGLE instance of hemp that occurs in the Smithsonian's Textiles, Printing, and Historical Documents displays are labeled as "unknown fiber", because it's not politically correct to show that a now-illegal plant was the SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT crop grown in the Colonial era. Immoral is that our nation's most famous museums are lying to generations of school children, in the interest of "political correctness".

Immoral is the increased militarization of civilian law enforcement, illegal warrantless searches, and "no-knock warrents" being used by LEA's under color of law.

Immoral is punishing people for using an intoxicant that is mankind's oldest cultivated plant, simply because it is not taxed, cannot be patented, and is not physically addictive--unlike ALL other LEGAL intoxicants and pain relievers.

Immoral is making a plant illegal in 1937 because it posed the only viable threat to the Wood Pulp paper industry which was brought under monopoly control by by Hearst Publishing by 1936.

Immoral is making a plant illegal that can produce more paper from 1 acre of farmland than 4.1 acres of wood pulp trees, AND actually replaces more nutrients from the soil than it takes.

Immoral is jailing, harassing, and killing people for cultivating the same plant that the DOD subsidized American farmers to grow and produce for the war effort in WWII, for producing cloth, cordage, paper, and light machine oil.

Immoral is making a plant illegal that was REQUIRED BY LAW to be cultivated by nearly half the original Colonies, because it was considered such a valuable strategic material in support of the Revolutionary Movement for outfitting the Continental Navy, and our troops.

Immoral is the fact that the MOST profitable cash crop (according to the DEA and the USDA) in EVERY SINGLE agricultural state in the Union, is ILLEGAL to grow because of racist scare tactics in the guide of "journalism", and fraudulent Congressional testimonies by corporate shysters.

The "War on Drugs", much like "Gun Control Laws", is Statutory Racism, codified into Law. Both movements are Constitutional Travesties, and would have our Founding Fathers shaking their heads ruefully...