Thread: My neighbor is now a proud gun owner

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

Been talking guns andright to bear armsfor sometime with my neighbor, a school teacher. He is very pro constitution, but has held off getting a gun and wife seemed wary about it. Although she let her 8' year old go shooting with me, on a spur of the moment shoot in the woods.

He asked me to go to the stores with him today to look and he ended up buying one. He has to wait for the background clearance, but yeah my neighborhood just got one household safer.

He thinks wife will change her mind if she gets to shoot so we should arrange a female shoot up here.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

Wife and I can come up to the woods with you guys when I get home.

Nice job SVG!
    I am the person responsible for myself, my wife and my son. I take that VERY seriously.

Post imported post

Good work SVG! Yeah, definitely take his wife shooting . . . maybe give them a group lesson.

And convince him to get a CPL, too. If nothing else, get it for the convenience of transporting the gun and not having to worry about the legalities. But it will be the next step to getting him to carry his pistol.

Post imported post

He wants to get his CPL but is totally cool open carrying around our neighborhood, our wildlife around here was one reason, he is getting and made his wife more comfortable.

The problem is Sherriff's office is only open for CPl fingerprinting and etc. on Tues and Thurs. Well he's teaching kids at that time.

Yea he definately wants to go shooting and it would be fun, I know some other women in the valley who want to go shooting too. I look forward to shooting with ya Braddah.

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

Post imported post

Well... What did he get?

Post imported post

Yep he bought it today. Has to wait for it to come in probably Monday or Tuesday, and then wait for Background check and the mandatory wait.

Post imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
    Yep he bought it today. Has to wait for it to come in probably Monday or Tuesday, and then wait for Background check and the mandatory wait.
    But what was it he got?
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

"though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

Post imported post

I'll guess Glock.

Post imported post

Yep he bought a glock 19.

I tried to get him to check out other ones but he likes the size and how it felt in his hand.

Post imported post

Never a bad choice. I just traded my SW9f for a glock 22 because I missed my old g23 that I had years ago. You just can't go wrong with a glock.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

"though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

Post imported post

I wan't trying to persuade him but he tried out the other guns but they didn't have mine wich is the 19 also, so owner let me clear it and let him feel it out,,,,, he made up his mind at that moment, and ordered it. All for 540 case, and two high cap magazines.

Glock isn't fancy but they are reliable.