• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My neighbor is now a proud gun owner

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Been talking guns andright to bear armsfor sometime with my neighbor, a school teacher. He is very pro constitution, but has held off getting a gun and wife seemed wary about it. Although she let her 8' year old go shooting with me, on a spur of the moment shoot in the woods.

He asked me to go to the stores with him today to look and he ended up buying one. He has to wait for the background clearance, but yeah my neighborhood just got one household safer.

He thinks wife will change her mind if she gets to shoot so we should arrange a female shoot up here.

Mad Pick

imported post

Good work SVG! Yeah, definitely take his wife shooting . . . maybe give them a group lesson.

And convince him to get a CPL, too. If nothing else, get it for the convenience of transporting the gun and not having to worry about the legalities. But it will be the next step to getting him to carry his pistol.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

He wants to get his CPL but is totally cool open carrying around our neighborhood, our wildlife around here was one reason, he is getting and made his wife more comfortable.

The problem is Sherriff's office is only open for CPl fingerprinting and etc. on Tues and Thurs. Well he's teaching kids at that time.

Yea he definately wants to go shooting and it would be fun, I know some other women in the valley who want to go shooting too. I look forward to shooting with ya Braddah.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Yep he bought it today. Has to wait for it to come in probably Monday or Tuesday, and then wait for Background check and the mandatory wait.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

I wan't trying to persuade him but he tried out the other guns but they didn't have mine wich is the 19 also, so owner let me clear it and let him feel it out,,,,, he made up his mind at that moment, and ordered it. All for 540 case, and two high cap magazines.

Glock isn't fancy but they are reliable.