• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fleet Farm

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

I have probably carried more at Fleet Farm than any other store in town and that is the only place where anyone asks me questions. I never get a second look from the employees but people have been genuinely interested in getting more info on the laws and seem interested in starting to carry themselves. We definitely need more education as people still are not aware that it is legal. I got asked the same old question on Thursday regarding if it can be loaded. They are always happy to hear that they can come shopping in town with their loaded holstered side arm. They seem overwhelmed sometimes when I try to explain the details of complying with the laws regarding transportation, concealed and school zones, etc regarding carry. The important point to get across seems to be that there is nothing prohibiting them from carrying a holstered loaded sidearm openly on private property. Anyone's private property, not just their own so long as they are not otherwise prohibited from being there.

I found out over the summer that there are still alot of people who do not have internet access at home or if they do, it is for the kids and they do not use it.

AaronS

imported post

I also shop a lot at the Fleet Farm in Germantown. Last time (about5 days ago) I ran into David Clarke (Head of the Milwaukee Co. Sheriff Dept.). I don't think he liked the sight of my sidearm, but it was no problem. Never had any problems at all at Fleet Farm.

Joat

imported post

One of the first times I noticed someone looking at my sidearm was in Fleet Farm, I think it was the one in Brooklyn Park MN, I was with my wife and I was carrying my 2 year old son. We were in the check out line and the guy in front of us looked at my gun and then looked at me with a look of, hate or fear or something, he looked pissed. When he finished paying he went up to the customer service counter and I watched his conversation with the Fleet Farm employee. The employee looked at me, then he glared at me, then he left in a huff. I imagine the conversation went something like this:

Gun Fearing Wussy: That guy over there has a gun, call the police

Fleet Farm employee: The guy holding his kid.

GFW: Yea him.

FFE: Did he threaten you?

GFW: No, why aren't you calling the police.

FFE: He's not breaking the law.

GFW: Well at least kick him out and make him not do that any more.

FFE: We don't want to lose this business.

GFW: You'll lose mine.

FFE: that's ok I'm sure gun owners spend more here than guy's like you.

I've never even had an employee look at me funny in Fleet Farm.

metalman383

imported post

I have carried there at least ten times. I feel more comfortable there than anywhere else. It must be because of all the farmers, and outdoorsy people walking around. I would rather be surrounded with flannel shirts and dirty jeans, than Clogs and Man Bags!

32HR MAG

imported post

Fleet Farm.If Fleet Farm don't have it, you probably don't need it.
The only thing that sucks about them, is that they sell a few products that I sell at about 5cents over my cost.Not counting My shipping,handling and tax.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

32HR MAG wrote:
Fleet Farm.If Fleet Farm don't have it, you probably don't need it.
The only thing that sucks about them, is that they sell a few products that I sell at about 5cents over my cost.Not counting My shipping,handling and tax.
You have a mom and pop store?

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Shotgun and I have both purchased ammunition (while armed) from Fleet Farm. Him ikn Mad-Town, me in Point.

32HR MAG

imported post

More like a mom & pop Brief case.Don't have a store front yet.I have a few product lines I deal with at this time.

smithman

imported post

I OC at Farm and Fleet in Waukesha and have never had a bad experience. I had one guy think that I was a nice young detective but I made his night explaining that OC of a holstered handgun is generally legal, with some specific restrictions. I think I have more people ask me about carrying at Farm and Fleet than other stores. I've never been approached by anybody at the grocery store for instance, but I carry there all the time.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

for you fans of the TV show the Shield....

ya gotta go to ebay, and get a few of these shirts for when you OC...:lol: THEN NO ONE QUESTIONS YOU.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Glock34 wrote:

ya gotta go to ebay, and get a few of these shirts for when you OC...:lol: THEN NO ONE QUESTIONS YOU.
I wouldn't wear that shirt at all, and I wouldn't recommend anyone else wear it either. Impersonating a police officer is a crime.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

bnhcomputing wrote:
Glock34 wrote:

I wouldn't wear that shirt at all, and I wouldn't recommend anyone else wear it either. Impersonating a police officer is a crime.
Dude, you so have to lighten up !!!!
# 1 it says POLICE nowhere on it.
# 2 detective could mean PRIVATE DETECTIVE
# 3 FARMINGTON is a made up place.

ok, maybe impersonating a TV cop. named Vic Mackey. and it was pretty much a joke, but I guess a sense of humor is a learned trait.

But, by wearing this shirt the POLICE could get you for nothing.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Fleet Farm / Farm and Fleet: Mills Fleet Farm was founded in Minnesota in 1922 and Blain's Farm and Fleet was founded in 1955.

We are actually talking about two completely different businesses, although interestingly people seem to be having positive OC experiences at both.