Thread: Ed's VCDL Membership Drive

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

As I talk to gun owners that have owned for years and also new gun owners, I am floored when they have never heard of VCDL. Many say they are NRA members or are thinking about joining. I encourage them to do so but I also get them to sign up for VCDL. I have even paid for over 10 memberships just to make it easy for folks.

So.. I am taking it as a personal challenge to add a hundred members to the VCDL PAID membership and hope that each of you join me in the challenge. If you run into the folks that are interested and they (or you) can't afford to pay the $25.00 for a year, at the VERY LEAST get them signed up for the FREE VA-ALERT so that they can lean, stay informed and call their representatives when asked to do so.

In the spirit of my Open Carry Business Cards, I have created the easy to carry "JOIN THE VCDL" card. It is my plan to drop them off anytime I am at a range, or gun show, or Open Carry Dinner, etc.

Like my Open Carry Cards, if you want any of these, send a Self Addressed Stamped Envelope to me with two stamps on the return to:

Ed's VCDL Drive, PO BOX 16143, Washington, DC 20041-6143
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

Good idea, Ed.

A while ago I offered to pay for VCDL memberships for up to 4 college students until they graduated, but that got no traction.

Hope this one takes off.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

If every member brought in just one (1) new member each per year, we would double (2X) the membership roster.

Numbers are power and influence!!

Think ahead to Lobby Day - Jan. 18, 2010 :celebrate

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

I like these cards as they don't havethe lettersED all over them.
    If you're at the meeting I'll take a few and provide a donation to cover your cost.

If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
    If every member brought in just one (1) new member each per year, we would double (2X) the membership roster.

Numbers are power and influence!!

Think ahead to Lobby Day - Jan. 18, 2010 :celebrate

Yata hey
    You're so right Grapeshot. I signed up 3 people lately (not counting the gun show stuff). We who are members should all sign up/sponsor at least one person.

Post imported post

Agent19 wrote:
    If your at the meeting I'll take a few and provide a donation to cover your cost.
    lol.. they DONT
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

ed wrote:
    Agent19 wrote:
    If your at the meeting I'll take a few and provide a donation to cover your cost.
    lol.. they DONT
    Oh! They're in there. Subliminal. Forward, backward, vertical. Well played Ed.

Post imported post

raftgyde wrote:
    ed wrote:
    Agent19 wrote:
    lol.. they DONT
    Oh! They're in there. Subliminal. Forward, backward, vertical. Well played Ed.

At least none of the E's are capitalized.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

cards have been reloaded and are ready for mailing.
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

Post imported post

I'll be sending you an envelope Ed. Thanks. I also started using your card image as my signature on some of the forums I frequent to help pass the word around.

Post imported post

jowfist wrote:
    I'll be sending you an envelope Ed. Thanks.
    Sure thing.
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

Post imported post

wow.. I don't know if it was my posting here or mention in the VCDL newsletter but you guys have been great in sending me the SASE. I have more cards and even more on the way for lobby day. (As well as the new VCDL round Car Magnets). Keep the requests coming! Lets double the VCDL membership this year!
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

ed wrote:
    wow.. I don't know if it was my posting here or mention in the VCDL newsletter but you guys have been great in sending me the SASE. I have more cards and even more on the way for lobby day. (As well as the new VCDL round Car Magnets). Keep the requests coming! Lets double the VCDL membership this year!
    Let's double the attendance at Lobby Day!!!!!!

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.