• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

National Park Victory Celebration

olypendrew

imported post

To celebrate a major civil rights/2nd amendment victory, I propose we gather on 02/27/2010 at noon at the Olympic National Park welcome center in Port Angeles for a picnic, etc.

Check last post for any updates.

Logan80

imported post

olypendrew wrote:
To celebrate a major civil rights/2nd amendment victory, I propose we gather on 02/27/2009 at noon at the Olympic National Park welcome center in Port Angeles for a picnic, etc.
Perhaps bump it back about 9 months....:D

joeroket

imported post

Hell, I think I would be game for this one. Especially if Drew will represent us all, that is of course provided the court does not sanction you for filing to many suits with the same facts ;) , if things go sideways. :p

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
imported post

Great idea! Since it's on a Saturday (the one day of the week that I'm wide open) I'll be there, weather permitting. I'll bring a cake, especially decorated for the event. I'll also bring dessert plates for it. And plasticware.

What are the rest of you bringing. Let's decide before the picnic.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Bookman wrote:
Great idea! Since it's on a Saturday (the one day of the week that I'm wide open) I'll be there, weather permitting. I'll bring a cake, especially decorated for the event. I'll also bring dessert plates for it. And plasticware.

What are the rest of you bringing. Let's decide before the picnic.
A glock 19, you bringing your Bersa? :lol:

Hendo

imported post

I am on board - me +1.

The Olympics area is our favorite getaway.

FMCDH

imported post

If work and life allows, count me in. I love hiking that area, and it will be nice to finally be armed when doing it.

Had a nasty little run in with a feral dog on a trail up there about 9 years back and all I could do was just curse at it while backpeddeling slowly and wishing I had my 1911 at that moment. :?

In retrospect, bear spray would have been nice to have (or even just pepper or OC spray) but there sure aint no guarantee that stuff will work from animal to animal. May have just pissed him off. :uhoh:

jinj

imported post

gsx1138 wrote:
I'm so confused. Bush passed the law. Obama held it. Where does it stand now? Can we carry in National Parks or not?
On the 22nd Feb 2010 you can, and there after.
It will be the same law as in the state that the park is in.

DEROS72

imported post

I 'll beg for a ride so I can go too!!!! this would be a good one.Cold but good.

May need some extra hair products for this.