• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

National Park Victory Celebration

sudden valley gunner

imported post

CmptrGuru wrote:
Just made my reservations for the 7:15 AM Keystone-Port Townsend Ferry. I may pack up my camping stuff, stiff debating staying overnight.

See y'all tomorrow.
What you have to make reservations for the ferry?

jeeper1

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
CmptrGuru wrote:
Just made my reservations for the 7:15 AM Keystone-Port Townsend Ferry. I may pack up my camping stuff, stiff debating staying overnight.

See y'all tomorrow.
What you have to make reservations for the ferry?
For that one, Yes.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

CmptrGuru wrote:
I've had to make the long drive around before after not having reservations for a return trip that filled up fast. Won't make that mistake again.
What, that leisurely drive at 20 mph thru Seattle, Seatac, Federal Way, Fife and out to the bridge was too much for you?? :lol:

olypendrew

imported post

I was really hoping to avoid this kind of last minute change of plans, but considering the road is now open, I would be happy to meet up at the Heart of the Hills campground, just inside the park boundaries as you head to Hurricane Ridge from Port Angeles.

It's probably too late to wait for input/feedback, so I will again update the original post.

amzbrady

imported post

Ajetpilot wrote:

Where is everyone going to meet, at a campground, a building, Is everyone just going to look at each other and say "hey Im in a park with a gun, YAY" and then leave? Kids, campfire, Koom bi ya songs? Whats the plan, Long way to drive to stand in cold rain.

Anyone camping there and if so, in what?

olypendrew

imported post

amzbrady wrote:
Ajetpilot wrote:

Where is everyone going to meet, at a campground, a building, Is everyone just going to look at each other and say "hey Im in a park with a gun, YAY" and then leave? Kids, campfire, Koom bi ya songs? Whats the plan, Long way to drive to stand in cold rain.  

Anyone camping there and if so, in what?

My kid is sick, so I'm coming alone. I'm up for some hiking around, but I won't be staying overnight. I expect we'll have a campfire; I'll bring some wood. I won't be singing, but I encourage others to.

I'm not sure how we're going to meet. I figure that will work itself out.

Hendo

imported post

Hey all,

I am ensconced near Seiku and am back online. We went by the Visitor Center this afternoon and the Heart of the Hills campground is closed - fallen trees still blocking. So while the road is open to Hurricane Ridge, Heart of the Hills is out.

I suggest we go back to Plan A and meet at Dungeness Refuge. Wewill have a fire pit ala campground setup near as I can figure. I can check and see if I can leave a message/note at the Visitor's Center for confused/tricked pilgrims.

I will monitor this thread and help as I can

Hendo/Chris

amzbrady

imported post

I think I'll wait for something that will entertain the whole family, My wife and daughter love staying warm. I was hoping we would be able to bring the motorhome and make a weekend of it.

Hendo

imported post

Test in flexibility. Back to your original plan - Dungeness. I will noodle on how to contact Plan A'ers.

Amzbrady - should be sunnier on Saturday.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

So here it is 10pm the day before the event and names of park areas are being posted but not once have I seen any semblance of a map. If I am going to drive 3 hrs for an event I expect to have some posted directions.

Hendo

imported post

Okay,

Here is the link to the Dungeness Recreation Area Campground. Let's meet at the Group Camp.

Search google maps for this Rec area for road map.

Hang in there everyone. We had to deal with a last minute access change by the Olympic Nat Park that we thought would get us into a Park campground but not to be. So - relax - let's go back to our plan for the Dungeness Rec Area.

Campfire, food, great view and location, good companions, gun stories - what's not to like.

Look forward to seeing any and all

Hendo/Chris

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Ajetpilot wrote:
My wife and I will stop by after we visit the National Park for awhile. I've got to get a couple of pictures for Workman first. :lol:
I was going to do the same but going to come alone today, my step son has some Civil Air Patrol duties today.