Thread: Greenfield Legislative Committee Meeting 11/16/09

Post imported post

They are discussing 10.01 ban on open carry and 10.16 the ban of carry in parks within the city. I'll be there.

Copy of agenda attached.

Post imported post

ROOK_WI wrote:
    They are discussing 10.01 ban on open carry and 10.16 the ban of carry in parks within the city. I'll be there.

Copy of agenda attached.
    Thanks for the heads up, again. So is this 10.01 to remove the full carry ban, and the 10.16 to ADD the park ban? I still say that the reason that we can not carry in the state parks is because of the DNR, and the fact that we can hunt in most state parks. Because just about every local park I know of does not allow hunting, I do not see this local ban the "same as" the state law.

When I found out that even Mr. Roger Pyzyk (the city "attorney") did not read 66.0409 at all himself, and still wanted the board to pass bad laws, I think I threw up in my mouth a little. And then this bum of a lawyer has the balls to tell the board that Rook does not know what he is talking about... Hate is a strong word, but I can say that I hate Pyzyk. He is a bum. He needs to be replaced, as does most of the board. And once again, remember, not one person ever asked for this park ban, the chief of police and Pyzyk asked for it. Milwaukee might suck, but Greenfield Government sucks a lot...

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

In today's paper:

Greenfield may loosen gun ordinance
    By Tom Kertscher of the Journal Sentinel

Posted: Nov. 16, 2009 11:34 a.m.

Greenfield — The Common Council's Legislative Committee tonight will consider amending a city ordinance that widely prohibits the open carry of firearms.

The ordinance essentially limits open carry to law enforcement officers or to guns carried in cases. State Attorney General J.B. Van Hollen in April declared that open carry is generally legal.

The committee will also review whether the city, as it currently does, can legally restrict the open carry of firearms in parks more than state law does.
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 - "A wise man's heart inclines him to the right, but the fool's heart to the left."

Post imported post

I'm sorry I missed your original post, or I would have been there. It would seem tha t Greenfield residents are fighting the same battle asme. I hope things went well this evening.

Post imported post

Does anyone know how it went? It was monday night right?

Post imported post

I was there, they passed the first part. Siding with AG regarding the legality of open carry. (Victory), and are refering the 2nd part (park regulations) until the next session when the police chief and parks commisioner can be present to speak thier piece.

I would suggest a larger (more than 3) group show up for the next meeting
    What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

Post imported post

I'm waiting on committee minutes.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

when is the next meeting?

Post imported post

Usually takes a few weeks for the minutes to be posted on line.

What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?