• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Value of this rare pistol ?

Batousaii

imported post

~ I have had this pistol since the early 90's. Bought brand new, Still in new condition except no box (the box was very cheap and ugly, and didn't last the years).

This is a military model Steyr GB in perfect condition. I haveoriginal cleaning kit, and a very rare original compensator that was factory parkerized, and matches the pistol perfectly. The compensator is rarer than the gun itself, and i bought 2 of the last 12 magazines that were in the US in the mid 90's to make a total of 3 Mags.

What i understandabout the Steyr GB: Less than 20,000 total production, and less than 7,000 imported into the USA. Of those numbers, even less were made as military models, and many of those were submitted to the US during the 9mm pistol trials and tortured, most of the rest saw service with foreign countries, and a few with our own special forces. A number of these were used as IPSC guns back in the day and were known for exceptional smoothness.

So, i am curious if anyone knows the value of this rare gun. - Interested more in the collectors view than "blue book" quote, as it is a nice piece, and been a safe queen all it's life.

:cool:Bat

Landpimp

imported post

is the GB parked or blued? (it looks blued)

I have a blued GB with 3 mags(the mags are super spendy) in the box with "stuff" I paid $550 for it. Its one I wanted since they came out, it also went well with my AUG :D

at the last show I saw a nice parked version w/box 2 mag, all the stuff for $500 and it didnt sell.

now with the comp I have no idea, but I have only seen a few with the comp

329634832.jpg

Batousaii

imported post

VERY nice setup !!!

- well, my GBis actually parkerized head to toe, kinda the old school dark grayish German color (pic doesnt show it too well). Has 3 mags too. I found out that the mags usually go for about $250 each these days, and thats "IF" you can find them. The compensator is rarer than the gun itself, and can also carry a hefty price to collectors who like Steyr. The crinkle finish with blue slide was the civilian model, but still, less than 20,000 total production between the two models. Curious when you got yours for $550, thats a good price, even for civy model. I too seen the military model at the show, and if i had the 500, i would have bought it for a shooter, but knew well that gun (yours too if it's a recent purchase) is worth more. Mine is pristine, so i dont shoot it. Discovered there were 937 Military models imported to USA. The civilian market received the remaining mil-models that were not contracted to the government for the 9mm pistol trials. The gun has a short but interesting history, and is little known amongst most gun enthusiasts.

With mags, yours is likely worth close to a grand if in v-good+ condition. However, many of the remaining examples have been shot a bunch, and that drops the price considerably, and thus the common price of 5-ish is usually seen. I was trying to get $2000 for my package w/ compensator, but hard to sell rare "little known" guns. Blue book on these sucks, but blue book often doesnt apply to the serious enthusiast.

You have a great duo there, thumbs up.

;)Bat.

Edit: pic - a better view