Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carrying other accessories with your gun

Post imported post

Here is a question for ya, I have what looks like a duty belt with handcuffs, flashlight, mace, gun, etc. What type of response do you think I would get if I wore that in public?

Johnny

Post imported post

I generally carry 2 spare magazines, a Surefire flashlight, and Blackberry in appropriate holsters on my belt. Sometimes I have a pouch on the belt for the hands free Bluetooth earpiece for the cell phone. Wife says I look like batman or something. Even when open carrying, I keep this stuff concealed. Wearing all that openly just calls more attention that I'd prefer to avoid.

Post imported post

Why don't you get a "Concealed-Carry" Badge to go with that cute outfit? If you're not a cop, why do you want to look like one?
    Bitka Sve Rešava!
    B-2-10 SFG(A)/ A-2-11 SFG(A) 1977-1994

Post imported post

I have my firearm, 2 xtra mags, my leatherman and a small surefire flashlight.

In my pockets I have my handkerchief, my Marine Challenge Coin, my keys my wallet, a couple of pens, my cell phone and depending on where I am a my Digital Voice Recorder.

Banned

Post imported post

Lthrnck wrote:

In my pockets I have my handkerchief, my Marine Challenge Coin, my keys my wallet, a couple of pens, my cell phone and depending on where I am a my Digital Voice Recorder.
    I like a silver spoon, at least two chilled miniature seedless water melons, a half quart of Spumoni ice cream, and a batch of hot meat sauce - but that's just me.

Oh, and traditional Lays - a potato chip

The dip's on you ...

Banned

Post imported post

johnny0911 wrote:
    Here is a question for ya, I have what looks like a duty belt with handcuffs, flashlight, mace, gun, etc. What type of response do you think I would get if I wore that in public?

Â*

Johnny
    Johnny, the general public will slowly back away from you - as if your pants were full of @#$%.

But, Johnny, you sound stupid. Didn't your mother tell you, don't be a cop, and don't come to town? Are you required to be stupid?

Trying hard, to not sound stupid, but the more I listen, I sound like me ..

Stupid, yes, stupid, I insult people I don't know, yes, stupid, it's just stupid ... but that's what I do. And that's me ... stupid, that's me

And then the Orca grabbed the Great White by the throat - and drowned him.

Killer whale love, killer whale love ...bite your throat and turn you upside down ... killer whale love, I will eat you

Or is your entire family stupid?

Banned

Post imported post

Lead Lobber wrote:
    johnny0911 wrote:

Â*

Johnny
    Johnny, the general public will slowly back away from you - as if your pants were full of @#$%.

But, Johnny, you sound stupid. Didn't your mother tell you, don't be a cop, and don't come to town? Are you required to be stupid?

I saw that film of the Orca killing the Great White ......

Killer whale love, killer whale love ...bite your throat and turn you upside down ... killer whale love, I will eat you

Way too harsh, for sure. Sorry, Johnny .

My best wishes for your Thanksgiving holiday - I need to reduce my alcohol intake and be more sensitive to others.

Post imported post

ODA 226 wrote:
    Why don't you get a "Concealed-Carry" Badge to go with that cute outfit? If you're not a cop, why do you want to look like one?

Banned

Post imported post

Lead Lobber wrote:
    Lthrnck wrote:

I like a silver spoon, at least two chilled miniature seedless water melons, a half quart of Spumoni ice cream, and a batch of hot meat sauce - but that's just me.

Oh, and traditional Lays - a potato chip

The dip's on you ...
    LOL!

On my Dixieline pistol/utility belt, I have my keys/Fox40 whistle/Micra on a Lucky Secure-A-Key, knockoff multi-tool, cellphone, nitrile glove pouch, and a Nite Ize pouch holding ID wallet, notepad, space pen, cuffs well-concealed, watch, allergy pill, Streamlight TL-2, and Buck 889 SBMF.

If it were harassment-free and legal to LOC in 99% of CA, I'd have a hell of a time carrying all that, plus my USP45 and double mag pouch.

Post imported post

Using a tooled leather belt, I carry a nylon cuff case, my 3.5" knife in a leather pouch, leatherman in leather case, CCgun in an Uncle Mikes Nylon w/xtramag, cell phone on clip,and all this fits under my jacket or overshirt.

Badge & licenses in badge case in jacket pocket with notebook, pens, flashlight, dv recorder. BUG in pouch on shoulder w/extra JHP for CC gunin wallet, xtra loaded mag for CC gun, xtra mag for BUG, xtra ammo box for BUG.

Range bag, first aid kit, tool kit, scene processing kit, communication kit, camera kit, all in truck.

No need to wear duty belt unless going to a pistol class at the range :celebrate

Duty belt: Serpa holster, double mag holder,another handcuff case, baton holder, xtra cuff key, taser, pepper spray, field first aid kit, flashlight case, leathermancase, utility knife case, all in black.

cheers - okboomer
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Lead, follow, or get out of the way

Exercising my 2A Rights does NOT make me a CRIMINAL! Infringing on the exercise of those rights makes YOU one!

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I don't know if this term is used similarly elsewhere but in ham radio we would call you a whacker if you dress yourself up and/or your car to look like it is public safety/law enforcement and boast about it.

I am not trying to call you a whacker but there are some people (I see this a lot in the radio world) that like to buy Crown-Vics and similar vehicles, dress them up with antennas and radios and drive like maniacs. Some people do this because these vehicles make practical radio platforms as there are accessories out the ying-yang for them but some people are a little too boastful and do nothing for public safety, so they tend to be called whackers.

Buying 5.11 BDU's, tactical boots, duty belts, and accessories, especially a gun, to wear will definitely get you called either a possible rent-a-cop or a whacker if a badge is not visible.

Walking around in public looking like that can get you in trouble if trouble does start and people think you are a cop.

Post imported post

Oh I forgot I had 3 quarters , a dime and 3 pennies also... :what:

Oh, I have been carrying the Leatherman and flashlight for years. They come in handy alot.

My Marine Corps challenge coin has saved me alot of money also.

Post imported post

Handcuffs? Get an extra large zip tie. Works great, doesn't attract attention and is a lot lighter. Mace? sure, but bear spray is better. Duty Belt, flashlight??? not needed. What about extra ammo mags or speed loaders? Can never carry too much ammo.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Post imported post

If I am Open Carrying I have my gun in holster on the right, my double spare mag holder on the left. I have a Mini Maglite just behind the spare mags, and a horizontal folding knife sheath in front of the gun. My cell phone is in my shirt pocket.

If I am not carrying, I have my Mini MagLite on the right side, cell phone case in front of that, and knife sheath in front of that.

Post imported post

Lead Lobber wrote:
    johnny0911 wrote:

Johnny

Trying hard, to not sound stupid, but the more I listen, I sound like me ..

Stupid, yes, stupid, I insult people I don't know, yes, stupid, it's just stupid ... but that's what I do. And that's me ... stupid, that's me

The internet: always good for a few laughs!

Post imported post

The attachments for my Sig "camper"...in case of a food fight.

Post imported post

i have my pistol. holster. 2 spare mags. scorpion light. cell and a nylon pouch with 2 latex gloves inside..........*incase i come into contact with blood*. and a 16" ASB baton in a holster under my pants on my boot...............any more than that i just look plain ole silly.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

jay75009 wrote:
    i have my pistol. holster. 2 spare mags. scorpion light. cell and a nylon pouch with 2 latex gloves inside..........*incase i come into contact with blood*. and a 16" ASB baton in a holster under my pants on my boot...............any more than that i just look plain ole silly.
    Presume you mean ASP baton, rather than ASB which is a rather unsatisfactory material for a baton.

What is your take on the legality of non-LEO carrying a concealed baton? Such does not appear to be covered under the listed exceptions of Title 25, Chapter 25 (25 M.R.S.A. 2001A) of Maine statutes.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

I ought to get as an attachment for my handgun a doublesided red button. One side will read "Easy" and the other side will read "Liberal." When you press the liberal button while in say a Wild Oats grocery store filled with gun haters who are unhappy with your OCing, you will hear an electronic voice, "Warning, liberal in close proximity." The other button is reserved for when you have to deal with a mugger, robber, axe murderer, burgular, gangbanger, or other assailant in a lethal manner. Here is an example:

Robber: "Give me everything you have on you...wallet, keys, phone."

Gun-toter: BANG!

[presses "Easy" button]

Electronic voice from gun: "THAT WAS EASY!"

Post imported post

Homeowner: "Please come quickly. Someone is breaking into my house. My wife and kids are scared."

911: "Are you sure? All officers are really busy."

[glass breaking in background]

Homeowner: "Come quickly. He is climbing into our house through the kitchen window."

911: "Sir, could you speak up a little louder? I can barely hear you."

Homeowner: "He's in my house. He is going to hurt us! Help!"

911: "Sir, you need to not resist. Just give the intruder whatever he needs."

Homeowner: "Ok. I'll give him just what he needs."

Click-clack. BANG!

911: "I heard shots fired. Is everything ok?"

Homeowner: "Everything is fine. I gave the bad guy exactly what he needed."

911: "Well, check to make sure he is dead."

Homeowner: "Ok. I will."

BANG! BANG! BANG!

Homeowner: "Yep. He's dead now."

[presses red "easy" button]

Electronic voice: THAT WAS EASY!

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

protector84 wrote:
    Homeowner: "Please come quickly. Someone is breaking into my house. My wife and kids are scared."

Homeowner: "Come quickly. He is climbing into our house through the kitchen window."

Click-clack. BANG!

BANG! BANG! BANG!

Â*
    BWAAAHAHAAAAHAHAA!

Post imported post

protector84 wrote:

Click-clack. BANG!

BANG! BANG! BANG!

ROTFL Now that's funny stuff!!

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
    jay75009 wrote:
    Presume you mean ASP baton, rather than ASB which is a rather unsatisfactory material for a baton.

What is your take on the legality of non-LEO carrying a concealed baton? Such does not appear to be covered under the listed exceptions of Title 25, Chapter 25 (25 M.R.S.A. 2001A) of Maine statutes.

Yata hey
    yeah i meant ASP haha having a big typo day today. and my baton is my non-leathal method of self defense. used in situations where self defense is warranted by lethal force is not. It was actually given to me by an LEO when i was 18. Never have come across a LEO that has a problem with it. guess they figure a BG with a broken wrist is better than a BG with a large crator in his forhead.

Post imported post

ODA 226 wrote:
    This and it is felony if they charge you with impersonating a cop. As for the law for ohio
    It can get you into a mess of problems even if your not intending too. It is the same for many other states. If you do use the belt do not be surprised if you get hassled for it.

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2921.51
    (E) No person shall commit a felony while impersonating a peace officer, a private police officer, a federal law enforcement officer, an officer, agent, or employee of the state, or investigator of the bureau of criminal identification and investigation.
    (F) It is an affirmative defense to a charge under division (B) of this section that the impersonation of the peace officer, private police officer, or investigator of the bureau of criminal identification and investigation was for a lawful purpose.
    (G) Whoever violates division (B) of this section is guilty of a misdemeanor of the fourth degree. Whoever violates division (C) or (D) of this section is guilty of a misdemeanor of the first degree. If the purpose of a violation of division (D) of this section is to commit or facilitate the commission of a felony, a violation of division (D) is a felony of the fourth degree. Whoever violates division (E) of this section is guilty of a felony of the third degree.

-I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

jay75009 wrote:
    Grapeshot wrote:
    jay75009 wrote:

Yata hey
    yeah i meant ASP haha having a big typo day today. and my baton is my non-leathal method of self defense. used in situations where self defense is warranted by lethal force is not. It was actually given to me by an LEO when i was 18. Never have come across a LEO that has a problem with it. guess they figure a BG with a broken wrist is better than a BG with a large crator in his forhead.
    Given to you when you were USMC - nice.

Still the question of whether baton is legal in Maine. Can you provide answer/cite?

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast