• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Carrying other accessories with your gun

johnny0911

imported post

Here is a question for ya, I have what looks like a duty belt with handcuffs, flashlight, mace, gun, etc. What type of response do you think I would get if I wore that in public?

Johnny

markand

imported post

I generally carry 2 spare magazines, a Surefire flashlight, and Blackberry in appropriate holsters on my belt. Sometimes I have a pouch on the belt for the hands free Bluetooth earpiece for the cell phone. Wife says I look like batman or something. Even when open carrying, I keep this stuff concealed. Wearing all that openly just calls more attention that I'd prefer to avoid.

ODA 226

imported post

Why don't you get a "Concealed-Carry" Badge to go with that cute outfit? If you're not a cop, why do you want to look like one?

Lthrnck

imported post

I have my firearm, 2 xtra mags, my leatherman and a small surefire flashlight.

In my pockets I have my handkerchief, my Marine Challenge Coin, my keys my wallet, a couple of pens, my cell phone and depending on where I am a my Digital Voice Recorder.

Bull Frog

imported post

Lthrnck wrote:

In my pockets I have my handkerchief, my Marine Challenge Coin, my keys my wallet, a couple of pens, my cell phone and depending on where I am a my Digital Voice Recorder.

I like a silver spoon, at least two chilled miniature seedless water melons, a half quart of Spumoni ice cream, and a batch of hot meat sauce - but that's just me.

Oh, and traditional Lays - a potato chip

The dip's on you ...

Bull Frog

imported post

johnny0911 wrote:
Here is a question for ya, I have what looks like a duty belt with handcuffs, flashlight, mace, gun, etc. What type of response do you think I would get if I wore that in public?

Johnny
Johnny, the general public will slowly back away from you - as if your pants were full of @#$%.

But, Johnny, you sound stupid. Didn't your mother tell you, don't be a cop, and don't come to town? Are you required to be stupid?

Trying hard, to not sound stupid, but the more I listen, I sound like me ..

Stupid, yes, stupid, I insult people I don't know, yes, stupid, it's just stupid ... but that's what I do. And that's me ... stupid, that's me

And then the Orca grabbed the Great White by the throat - and drowned him.

Killer whale love, killer whale love ...bite your throat and turn you upside down ... killer whale love, I will eat you

Or is your entire family stupid?

Bull Frog

imported post

Lead Lobber wrote:
johnny0911 wrote:

Johnny
Johnny, the general public will slowly back away from you - as if your pants were full of @#$%.

But, Johnny, you sound stupid. Didn't your mother tell you, don't be a cop, and don't come to town? Are you required to be stupid?

I saw that film of the Orca killing the Great White ......

Killer whale love, killer whale love ...bite your throat and turn you upside down ... killer whale love, I will eat you

Way too harsh, for sure. Sorry, Johnny .

My best wishes for your Thanksgiving holiday - I need to reduce my alcohol intake and be more sensitive to others.

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

Lead Lobber wrote:
Lthrnck wrote:

I like a silver spoon, at least two chilled miniature seedless water melons, a half quart of Spumoni ice cream, and a batch of hot meat sauce - but that's just me.

Oh, and traditional Lays - a potato chip

The dip's on you ...
LOL!

On my Dixieline pistol/utility belt, I have my keys/Fox40 whistle/Micra on a Lucky Secure-A-Key, knockoff multi-tool, cellphone, nitrile glove pouch, and a Nite Ize pouch holding ID wallet, notepad, space pen, cuffs well-concealed, watch, allergy pill, Streamlight TL-2, and Buck 889 SBMF.

If it were harassment-free and legal to LOC in 99% of CA, I'd have a hell of a time carrying all that, plus my USP45 and double mag pouch.

okboomer

imported post

Using a tooled leather belt, I carry a nylon cuff case, my 3.5" knife in a leather pouch, leatherman in leather case, CCgun in an Uncle Mikes Nylon w/xtramag, cell phone on clip,and all this fits under my jacket or overshirt.

Badge & licenses in badge case in jacket pocket with notebook, pens, flashlight, dv recorder. BUG in pouch on shoulder w/extra JHP for CC gunin wallet, xtra loaded mag for CC gun, xtra mag for BUG, xtra ammo box for BUG.

Range bag, first aid kit, tool kit, scene processing kit, communication kit, camera kit, all in truck.

No need to wear duty belt unless going to a pistol class at the range :celebrate

Duty belt: Serpa holster, double mag holder,another handcuff case, baton holder, xtra cuff key, taser, pepper spray, field first aid kit, flashlight case, leathermancase, utility knife case, all in black.

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I don't know if this term is used similarly elsewhere but in ham radio we would call you a whacker if you dress yourself up and/or your car to look like it is public safety/law enforcement and boast about it.

I am not trying to call you a whacker but there are some people (I see this a lot in the radio world) that like to buy Crown-Vics and similar vehicles, dress them up with antennas and radios and drive like maniacs. Some people do this because these vehicles make practical radio platforms as there are accessories out the ying-yang for them but some people are a little too boastful and do nothing for public safety, so they tend to be called whackers.

Buying 5.11 BDU's, tactical boots, duty belts, and accessories, especially a gun, to wear will definitely get you called either a possible rent-a-cop or a whacker if a badge is not visible.

Walking around in public looking like that can get you in trouble if trouble does start and people think you are a cop.

Lthrnck

imported post

Oh I forgot I had 3 quarters , a dime and 3 pennies also... :what:

Oh, I have been carrying the Leatherman and flashlight for years. They come in handy alot.

My Marine Corps challenge coin has saved me alot of money also.

Thundar

imported post

Handcuffs? Get an extra large zip tie. Works great, doesn't attract attention and is a lot lighter. Mace? sure, but bear spray is better. Duty Belt, flashlight??? not needed. What about extra ammo mags or speed loaders? Can never carry too much ammo.

Decoligny

imported post

If I am Open Carrying I have my gun in holster on the right, my double spare mag holder on the left. I have a Mini Maglite just behind the spare mags, and a horizontal folding knife sheath in front of the gun. My cell phone is in my shirt pocket.

If I am not carrying, I have my Mini MagLite on the right side, cell phone case in front of that, and knife sheath in front of that.

Tomahawk

imported post

Lead Lobber wrote:
johnny0911 wrote:

Johnny

Trying hard, to not sound stupid, but the more I listen, I sound like me ..

Stupid, yes, stupid, I insult people I don't know, yes, stupid, it's just stupid ... but that's what I do. And that's me ... stupid, that's me

The internet: always good for a few laughs!

jay75009

imported post

i have my pistol. holster. 2 spare mags. scorpion light. cell and a nylon pouch with 2 latex gloves inside..........*incase i come into contact with blood*. and a 16" ASB baton in a holster under my pants on my boot...............any more than that i just look plain ole silly.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

jay75009 wrote:
i have my pistol. holster. 2 spare mags. scorpion light. cell and a nylon pouch with 2 latex gloves inside..........*incase i come into contact with blood*. and a 16" ASB baton in a holster under my pants on my boot...............any more than that i just look plain ole silly.
Presume you mean ASP baton, rather than ASB which is a rather unsatisfactory material for a baton.

What is your take on the legality of non-LEO carrying a concealed baton? Such does not appear to be covered under the listed exceptions of Title 25, Chapter 25 (25 M.R.S.A. 2001A) of Maine statutes.

Yata hey

protector84

imported post

I ought to get as an attachment for my handgun a doublesided red button. One side will read "Easy" and the other side will read "Liberal." When you press the liberal button while in say a Wild Oats grocery store filled with gun haters who are unhappy with your OCing, you will hear an electronic voice, "Warning, liberal in close proximity." The other button is reserved for when you have to deal with a mugger, robber, axe murderer, burgular, gangbanger, or other assailant in a lethal manner. Here is an example:

Robber: "Give me everything you have on you...wallet, keys, phone."

Gun-toter: BANG!

[presses "Easy" button]

Electronic voice from gun: "THAT WAS EASY!"

protector84

imported post

Homeowner: "Please come quickly. Someone is breaking into my house. My wife and kids are scared."

911: "Are you sure? All officers are really busy."

[glass breaking in background]

Homeowner: "Come quickly. He is climbing into our house through the kitchen window."

911: "Sir, could you speak up a little louder? I can barely hear you."

Homeowner: "He's in my house. He is going to hurt us! Help!"

911: "Sir, you need to not resist. Just give the intruder whatever he needs."

Homeowner: "Ok. I'll give him just what he needs."

Click-clack. BANG!

911: "I heard shots fired. Is everything ok?"

Homeowner: "Everything is fine. I gave the bad guy exactly what he needed."

911: "Well, check to make sure he is dead."

Homeowner: "Ok. I will."

BANG! BANG! BANG!

Homeowner: "Yep. He's dead now."

[presses red "easy" button]