• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NH: Open carry rifle demonstrators join 420 protest

Rush2112

imported post

While I support both causes, I don't know if I support the message that many people may get from this. That is, mixing mind-altering substances and firearms. While it appears that the gun owners themselves were not actually taking part in the actual smoking demonstration, I can't imagine that it's going to look any different (or be portrayed any different) by the media and others who do not support OC.

doobie

imported post

Rush2112 wrote:
While I support both causes, I don't know if I support the message that many people may get from this. That is, mixing mind-altering substances and firearms. While it appears that the gun owners themselves were not actually taking part in the actual smoking demonstration, I can't imagine that it's going to look any different (or be portrayed any different) by the media and others who do not support OC.
None of those with firearms partook in the 420ing; we were there for support.

KBCraig

imported post

john118242 wrote:
Are you worried about the rifle being loaded, or the person being loaded?

It was humor. If you don't know what a 420 event is, I'll explain separately.

And yes: it's perfectly legal to carry a long gun, openly or concealed, loaded or not, except in a motor vehicle (no loaded long guns in vehicles, because of game laws).

john118242

imported post

lol o im sorry i didint think about that enough lol i know all about 4 20 senior in high school lol ok heres a situation say i borrow a freinds gun with his permission and all could i open carry his gun with his full permission o and im 17 and i hear theres no minumum age to open carry . this is talking handgun and long gun . i'll be 18 in august

ManInBlack

imported post

NavyLT wrote:
http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum1/1.html
11) This web site is focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life. Do not start OFF TOPIC threads or discussions such aspromoting the carry of long guns. Long guns are great! OCDO co-founders John & Mike and most of the folks on this forum own at least one long gun - but due to urban area issues of muzzle control, lack of trigger guard coverage, and the fact that the long gun carry issue distracts from our main mission to promote the open carry of handguns in daily life, we will leave long gun carry activism in the capable hands of the future founders of web sites about long gun carry.

Some people always have to rain on a parade...

Picking and choosing which forms of expression of a God-given, natural right to protect is what the left does. We should be better than that.

john118242

imported post

i dont know why there is anything wrong with my post . the subject of this discussion is long guns soo thats what i talked about right? if poeple dont like what i post why bother argueing? you can ignore me and go on with your life .

john118242

imported post

o ok thank you . soo simple format18 i can open carry a handgun in new hampshire? and a second one is if a freind has a handgun he no longer wants and wants to sell it to me can he? and how would he?

john118242

imported post

awesome thank you for answering my question . sorry for asking twice in 2 different places :) my bad .