• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I Need a shooting range in seattle

eric55

imported post

I'm visiting Seattle for a few weeks i'm staying on Pike st. i would like a pleasant shooting range where i can shoot, nice people and affordable pricing. i will be going by bus or taxi so distance matters thanks

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

My indoor choice is Champion arms in Kent. $12 for a lane. Guns for rent. Nice, safe, professional. 16 miles each way from Pike downtown.

And you can stop at my store, Staples, for all of your office supply, copy & print needs...lol.

Ndawg

j2l3

imported post

Goos luck with that. IN Seattle? Not likely. Many around Seattle though. Kent, Renton, Bellevue, Kenmore.

Check in this document for some information. PM Me and we can get together sometime while you are in town. I downtown near Pike.

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
imported post

I live on the south side of Seattle near the airport. I use Champion Arms in Kent. It's very basic, but they have good prices on the range and friendly staff. Their guns and accessories are a bit over priced, though.

eric55

imported post

gogodawgs wrote:
My indoor choice is Champion arms in Kent. $12 for a lane. Guns for rent. Nice, safe, professional. 16 miles each way from Pike downtown.

And you can stop at my store, Staples, for all of your office supply, copy & print needs...lol.

Ndawg
i just might i guess staples is open carry friendy!

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

eric55 wrote:
gogodawgs wrote:

Ndawg
i just might i guess staples is open carry friendy!
I have had customers in and have never worried about it.....

Champion is one of my best customers.

Manu

imported post

gogodawgs wrote:

Ndawg
Which Staples Location you work at?

oldkim

imported post

Your choices available to you are (from Pikes Place Market):

1) Wades Indoor Shooting Range in Bellevue (about 1 hour travel time via public transport). +rapid fire, +gun store, +selection, -cost/prices, -crowded

2) Champion Arms in Kent (also about an hour)
+cheaper, +small gunstore, -small

3) Bullseye or the Marksman in Tacoma

There are a few outdoor ranges too but assuming you didn't bring your handgun and are looking for indoor with rental guns. There a few other ranges but you have to be a member. All the above are public. Just fill out their waiver form and pay the range fee and gun rental - you do have to buy their ammo for rentals.

My recommendations would be for Wade's in Bellevue. It's a bit more but you have a larger selection of handguns, it has anice gunstore and you can rapid fire all you want (so long as you can hit the paper).

Good luck and have fun.

oldkim

imported post

SPAA

Seattle Police Athletic Association located in Tukwila (justSouth of Seattle)is a member only range - you'll need a background check to join.

You can take the new light rail from Seattle to Tukwila. Get off at either the Tukwila or Rainier Beach - it's about a mile from either stop.

What brings you to Seattle for a few weeks?

The following link will let you plan your bus route:

http://tripplanner.kingcounty.gov/cgi-bin/itin_page.pl?resptype=U

joeroket

imported post

oldkim wrote:
SPAA

Seattle Police Athletic Association located in Tukwila (just South of Seattle) is a member only range - you'll need a background check to join.

You can take the new light rail from Seattle to Tukwila.  Get off at either the Tukwila or Rainier Beach - it's about a mile from either stop.

What brings you to Seattle for a few weeks?

The following link will let you plan your bus route:

http://tripplanner.kingcounty.gov/cgi-bin/itin_page.pl?resptype=U

Not to mention it is a very relaxed range that is member policed with tons of bays on both the rifle and pistol sides.

oldkim

imported post

Oops - almost forgot.

Can't go to Wade's.

You cannot rent by yourself. It's an odd rule of theirs stemming from an old incident. Years ago a guy came and rented and went to the bathroom and did himself in. After that no one can rent a gun by themselves - you must have someone with you. The idea being you are less likely to do yourself in if you came in with someone (SO) or friend.

So, unless you brought your own your choices are limited to:

1) Champion Arms in Kent

2) Bullseye in Tacoma (by the Tacoma Dome and major transit center)

3) The Marksman in Tacoma (off Canyon Road near the Puyallup Fairgrounds). *didn't mention this one the last time. You do have to pay a one time range safety course of $10, plus range fee and gun rental.

amlevin

imported post

oldkim wrote:
Oops - almost forgot.

Can't go to Wade's.

You cannot rent by yourself. It's an odd rule of theirs stemming from an old incident. Years ago a guy came and rented and went to the bathroom and did himself in. After that no one can rent a gun by themselves - you must have someone with you. The idea being you are less likely to do yourself in if you came in with someone (SO) or friend.

Wonder how they plan on handling that person that brings his own weapon and decides to "off" hiimself on their premises?????

Sounds like a rule thought up by someone from Mayor Nickel's office.

oldkim

imported post

All I can tell you is that Wade's is aprivate businessand they can make up whatever rule they want (within reason).

For your situation (someone coming in with their own gun and shooting themselves): What would any gun range do? Not let you shoot your own gun???

Other ranges: some make you buy their ammo if you want to shoot there. Another one has it that you must have a gun to rent a gun. Limit on how fast you shoot and what targets you can shoot. There are lots of different restrictions. Again, the business are private and they can make whatever rule they want. It's your choice if you want to shoot there or not.

jinj

imported post

Wade's is a strange kind of place, but I have never run into having to rent a gun with someone else.

They do make you fasten the targets to PVC pipe contraption, pretty sure they want you to hit it, $10 mistake each time. The paper targets flap around in the wind too.

Wade's charges the most for ammo and lane fees, as well as the most for firearms.

If you go, take a sheet of cardboard, and tape your targets to it, just as Champion Arms in Kent does. I have found Champion to be be the most reasonable prices for shooting in the area.

Anyone been to the West Coast Armory range yet?