• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Carrying a backup firearm

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

bomber wrote:
"And shepards we shall be for thee my lord for thee, Power hath descended forth from thy hand our feet may swiftly carry out thy commands. So we shall flow a river forth to thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomini Patri, Et Fili, EtSpiritus Sancti."

simmonsjoe

imported post

proud_to_serveUSAF wrote:
haha great movie. still waiting on the second to get into theaters here. i dont think its going to happen.
ITS ALREADY IN THEATERS AND OUT OF MOST.

YOU DIDN'T HEAR ANYTHING ABOUT IT BECAUSE IT
SUCKS FAT HOT DONKEY BALLS AND IS A HORRIBLE
EMBARRASSMENT TO THE ORIGINAL.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DO NOT GO AND SEE IT AS
IT WILL ONLY PISS YOU OFF AND RUIN BDS
FOREVER.

I KNOW I'M YELLING IF YOU'VE SEEN THE MOVIE YOU WOULD TOO.

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

LOL, actually it was in limited release in something like less that 50 theatres for a while and then they expanded it but it still hasn't been fully released and probably won't be. Just bad marketing techniques as with the first film. As far as how good the film is, I'll wait til I see it as I've been waiting now for years for this sequel.

simmonsjoe

imported post

It is horrible!! I say this and I'm a HUGE fan of the original!

It was like a mad remix or something.

Lame stale jokes. Even worse you can see wadding from the blank cartridges half the time. The new chick FBI agent is horrible annoying. It's like a momma bird ate the original BDS and then vomited up a predigested version for her chickees.

SlowDog

imported post

OK, I gotta know. What's the movie?

Also, carry 1911A1 plus 2 Chip McCormick 8 rnd mags.Bug is Bersa Thunder 380 Plus 15+1 and spare mag.Also a dbl bladed tactical knife.

45 @ 4o:clock & BUG @ 8 o:clock butt forward.....

simmonsjoe

imported post

SlowDog wrote:

Also, carry 1911A1 plus 2 Chip McCormick 8 rnd mags.Bug is Bersa Thunder 380 Plus 15+1 and spare mag.Also a dbl bladed tactical knife.

Thats cool. Chip McCormick 8 rounders are for the range. Don't trust your life on them. Clean your Bersa's mag every time you shoot it because they are finicky to dirt, causing FTFs.

I have a Bersa single stack with custom grips made from Purpleheart(exotic hardwood) with my initials in them. It is the duo tone model, with the trigger, hammer, safety and mag release gold. (fake cheesy gold too.) Its Tactitacky. I wub it. First gun I did any work on myself. I also removed the magazine disconnect safety. (does the super have one?)

And the Movie is

The Boondock Saints

You MUST get this off of iTunes !!!!!!!!! It is SOOOOOO sweet. It was never big in theaters due to shatty marketing but has a cult following. The only movie I've watched more is Pete the Magic Dragon and I haven't seen that since puberty.

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

simmonsjoe wrote:
SlowDog wrote:

Thats cool.  Chip McCormick 8 rounders are for the range.  Don't trust your life on them.  Clean your Bersa's mag every time you shoot it because they are finicky to dirt, causing FTFs.

I have a Bersa single stack with custom grips made from Purpleheart(exotic hardwood) with my initials in them.  It is the duo tone model, with the trigger, hammer, safety and mag release gold. (fake cheesy gold too.)  Its Tactitacky.  I wub it.  First gun I did any work on myself.  I also removed the magazine disconnect safety. (does the super have one?)

And the Movie is

The Boondock Saints

You MUST get this off of iTunes !!!!!!!!!  It is SOOOOOO sweet.  It was never big in theaters due to shatty marketing but has a cult following.  The only movie I've watched more is Pete the Magic Dragon and I haven't seen that since puberty.

If I remember correctly, it never made it to the movies in the first place, not necessarily due to bad marketing, the film maker rubbed the executives the wrong way... hence why this movie is a DVD king and why it too SO LONG for the 2nd movie to come out. I do agree, it is a must have for guy and girls that like movies, well, those of us that like a good story and plenty of action.

THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!

hightecrebel

imported post

simmonsjoe wrote:
It is horrible!! I say this and I'm a HUGE fan of the original!

It was like a mad remix or something.

Lame stale jokes. Even worse you can see wadding from the blank cartridges half the time. The new chick FBI agent is horrible annoying. It's like a momma bird ate the original BDS and then vomited up a predigested version for her chickees.
I enjoyed it. Was it as good as the first? No, but what could be? It was what it was, a fun romp with the boys. It seems to be setting it up for a more story-intensive third, which kind of worries me, but also excites me. Well worth the cost of a couple tickets.

Dreamer

imported post

simmonsjoe wrote:
P238 is elite. Mine has siglight night sights, which with the tridium vials allow the rear sight to be used to rack the slide on a table or other edge.
Anyone who uses the word "elite" to describe anything but specially trained military personnel or seriously old-school Unix hackers is a poseur...

And what the hell is "tridium"? And the sentence structure implies that the tritium inserts are somehow materially significant to the function of "edge racking".

Get a copy of the MLA or Chicago Style Manual, bro, and learn how to order your words so they make sense.

Public education: Your tax dollars, hardly working...

simmonsjoe wrote:
I have a Bersa single stack with custom grips made from Purpleheart(exotic hardwood) with my initials in them. It is the duo tone model, with the trigger, hammer, safety and mag release gold. (fake cheesy gold too.) Its Tactitacky. I wub it. First gun I did any work on myself. I also removed the magazine disconnect safety. (does the super have one?)
...and anyone who actually admits they carry a "pimped" purple, black and gold commie mouse gun as anything other than a "funny" BBQ BUG is to be pitied. Especially if they use "LOL-speak" to describe their affection for such a firearm.

It's all so sad... So very sad...

Although I WILL give you props on the word "Tactitacky". That IS pretty clever... :celebrate

simmonsjoe

imported post

Dreamer wrote:
simmonsjoe wrote:
P238 is elite. Mine has siglight night sights, which with the tridium vials allow the rear sight to be used to rack the slide on a table or other edge.
Anyone who uses the word "elite" to describe anything but specially trained military personnel or seriously old-school Unix hackers is a poseur...
I used to play Counter-Strike 6 hours a day, often as a pickup player for cal-o clans. [SuTen] [RmG]. Pubbed on The Underground. I originally used 1337 but decided to decode it for the non-geek.

And what the hell is "tridium"? And the sentence structure implies that the tritium inserts are somehow materially significant to the function of "edge racking".
Because the night sights are shaped different than the standards, having a flatter, protruding front 'edge,' T-R-I-T-I-U-M. You happy?

Get a copy of the MLA or Chicago Style Manual, bro, and learn how to order your words so they make sense.
I'm not your bro, friend.(a Southpark reference, meant in jest.)

Public education: Your tax dollars, hardly working...
If it helps you, I got my GED at 16, so you didn't have to pay for the last two years.

simmonsjoe wrote:
...and anyone who actually admits they carry a "pimped" purple, black and gold commie mouse gun as anything other than a "funny" BBQ BUG is to be pitied. Especially if they use "LOL-speak" to describe their affection for such a firearm.
I don't carry it around. What gave you that impression? It IS a funny BBQ bug. I didn't use LOL speak, I used silly pet speak. Why? Because it is a silly pet gun.

It's all so sad... So very sad...
It's @#$%ing hilarious. You are just jealous of my pimp pistol. If you ever need to make an impression I'll loan it to you. That way those ho's will give you respect.

Although I WILL give you props on the word "Tactitacky". That IS pretty clever...
Thanks.
:celebrate
Can I get someone to proof read this before Dreamer grades it?:lol:

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Hmmmm.....

Well I carry a Sig 229 (.40)... it fires everytime, it hits the target everytime, i put rounds through holes already in the target....

it is reliable and does not fail....that is why the secret service carry's this to protect POTUS.....

it is simple, reliable and the Cadilac of handguns....

NOW...your guy's posts are very funny and entertaining...thanks for making me smile!

:lol:

utbagpiper

Banned
imported post

tekshogun wrote:
simmonsjoe wrote:
Next time someone asks why you carry two just say:

"I have TWO?!"
Or, "I'm not carrying TWO guns."

Of course, if the BUG is concealed, why would anyone even know to ask about it?

I think a concealed BUG, carried so as to be readily accessible in the event I ever find myself keeping my OC firearm secured in its retention holster against an attempted grab, is a darn near perfect complement to OCing.