• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Plan to test RCW 9.41.300 tomorrow

o2ryan

imported post

I have jury sellection tomorrow and plan to carry (as always)and declair my weapon in accordance with RCW 9.41.300. Anyone else done this and what is the general concessus on this action?

Batousaii

imported post

I have gone to court for traffic fines and when i get there jut tell them i have a pistol and they locked it up for me. Even got a "wow nice pistol" compliment from the officer locking it up. It was way while back, Tacoma i think.

Jeff Hayes

imported post

Go in the South door, and make sure you declare the weapon as soon as you enter the building before you start to go thru the metal detector.

Orphan

Agent 47

imported post

I served on a jury for almost two weeks after spending two days in jury selection I open carried every day. I was hassled the second day by a deputy, I stood my ground and he backed down. This was at the Snohomish county court. The deputies in Snohomish have been well versed on open carry legality and after my incident the court security has as well. Do NOT let anyone try and intimidate you. You are their at the behest of the court and the court does not look kindly on officers who harass those who are there to serve their civic duty. If you end up on a jury and are harassed for open carry report it to your court clerk and they will take care of it (they did for me) :)

P.S.
No problem with chambered. If you can just leave it in the holster and set the gun and holster in the locker. obviously use all safe practices if you do have to remove it from the holster leave it loaded and keep it pointed in a safe direction, finger off the trigger and set it into the locker. like I said stand your ground, the court is very appreciative of your service and they are indebted to you.

Jeff Hayes

imported post

o2ryan wrote:
Orphan wrote:
Go in the South door, and make sure you declare the weapon as soon as you enter the building before you start to go thru the metal detector.

Orphan
Thanks Orphan. Any issues with having one chambered?

What Agent47 said.Just slip your holster off of your belt and put it all in the lock box or surrender it to the designated officer. Dont forget your spare magazines or just leave them in the car.

I forgot to leave my pocket knife in the car not too long ago. Iremembered just as I got to the machine and one of the security personal just held it for me and I picked it up on my way out. They were pretty low key about it, nice looking female security officer to boot.

Orphan

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Orphan wrote:
o2ryan wrote:
Orphan wrote:

Orphan
Thanks Orphan. Any issues with having one chambered?

What Agent47 said.Just slip your holster off of your belt and put it all in the lock box or surrender it to the designated officer. Dont forget your spare magazines or just leave them in the car.

I forgot to leave my pocket knife in the car not too long ago. Iremembered just as I got to the machine and one of the security personal just held it for me and I picked it up on my way out. They were pretty low key about it, nice looking female security officer to boot.

Orphan
I do it a lot at Whatcom county and since its a lock box I don't take my holster off, I wear that into court rooms or court clerks office. They tried to hassle me a little because I wouldn't give up or show my cpl but after that it has been good.

Capn Camo

imported post

"I forgot to leave my pocket knife in the car not too long ago. Iremembered just as I got to the machine and one of the security personal just held it for me and I picked it up on my way out. They were pretty low key about it, nice looking female security officer to boot.

Orphan"

Id expect a search for concealed friendly weapons, myself. Several times, maybe even coming out...After dinner...:celebrate

ABSOLUTELY practice the Law, and especially have it with you in a shirt pocket just in case some PD needs an attitude corrected with facts. I ALWAYS carry a tape recorder too when going into a new location, especially when without a witness. And, yes, recorder is absolutely legal and I can cite State and Fed codes to prove it.

I dont like the idea of giving anyone a working firearm with my SN on it. Id unload it, keep the mags and maybe even break it down and only give them half. Its not a firearm then, no one can accidentally get and use it. There are legal definitions as to what assemblies constute a firearm.