• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Told no OC in Red Robins, at Patrick Henry mall

Pagan

imported post

Here is the response from Red Robin Corporate:

Hello Ryan, Thank you for your e-mail. We appreciate your comments and feedback. Red Robin company policy prohibits our Team Members, Guests and Vendors from possessing weapons on Red Robin premises regardless of whether or not the person is licensed to carry the weapon.
The only exception to this policy is those individuals employed in local, state and federal law enforcement that are required to carry a weapon as part of their duty to protect and serve the public.
Thanks again for your comments.
Red Robin Guest Relations

MSC 45ACP

imported post

Pagan wrote:

Hello Ryan, Thank you for your e-mail. We appreciate your comments and feedback. Red Robin company policy prohibits our Team Members, Guests and Vendors from possessing weapons on Red Robin premises regardless of whether or not the person is licensed to carry the weapon.
The only exception to this policy is those individuals employed in local, state and federal law enforcement that are required to carry a weapon as part of their duty to protect and serve the public.

CommunisticSun'sa'Bishes!!!

I really liked their burgers and fries, too. There is a Fuddruckers right down the road (off Victory Blvd), though. I OCed therea few days agoand didn't have any problems. I think we already know their corporate policy. :D

TFred

imported post

Pagan wrote:

"So just to be clear, it appears that you will happily serve a customer who is a criminal, breaking the law by carrying a concealed weapon that you do not see, but the law-abiding citizens who honor the state law requiring them to carry openly in a restaurant that serves alcohol, you will refuse to serve and ask to leave?"

Just checking...

TFred

Pagan

imported post

I did repond by asking them if they would ask an off duty police officer, in plain clothes, that was carrying a firearm to leave or remove his weapon. I'm still waiting for that response.

usaf0906

imported post

Pagan wrote:

What about my duty to protect myself and loved ones?

darthmord

imported post

TFred wrote:
Pagan wrote:

"So just to be clear, it appears that you will happily serve a customer who is a criminal, breaking the law by carrying a concealed weapon that you do not see, but the law-abiding citizens who honor the state law requiring them to carry openly in a restaurant that serves alcohol, you will refuse to serve and ask to leave?"

Just checking...

TFred

I'd also tack onto that message that one of their competitors (Fuddruckers) openly welcomes law-abiding citizens whether or not they are armed and that we would happily give them our patronage andignore Red Robin.

I'd also wish them well since they apparently are in a good enough position to turn away customers who WANT to give them their patronage.

For a final kicker, I'd hold a few OC dinners at their competitors and send them copies of everyone's receipts showing just how much business they are turning away. Money talks, bullsh** walks.

MSC 45ACP

imported post

darthmord wrote:
TFred wrote:
Pagan wrote:

Just checking...

TFred

I'd also tack onto that message that one of their competitors (Fuddruckers) openly welcomes law-abiding citizens whether or not they are armed and that we would happily give them our patronage andignore Red Robin.

I'd also wish them well since they apparently are in a good enough position to turn away customers who WANT to give them their patronage.

For a final kicker, I'd hold a few OC dinners at their competitors and send them copies of everyone's receipts showing just how much business they are turning away. Money talks, bullsh** walks.
When the time comes for the next Tidewater OC Dinner on the Peninsula, How about Fuddruckers on Victory? We can send the message to Red Robin that much quicker, especially at this HOLIDAY TIME of year... Hit 'em hard and fast. Don't just threaten them. Let's DO IT.

darthmord

imported post

I'm game for that. I just need to know when & where. Since I got called out to set up an OC dinner when I mentioned doing one a while back, I'll let you set this one up. :p

Pagan

imported post

Ok so here is the reponse from Red Robin Corporate, whenI asked them if they would ask an OFF duty officer in plain clothes, carrying a firearm to leave the weapon outside or leave.

Law enforcement officers are exempt from our No Weapons policy.

Pagan

imported post

And here is my response to their recent e-mail.

WellI certainly respect the private property rights of my fellow American's, andI nor my friends or family will ever be spending our hard earned money at any Red Robin restaraunt. Further more Red Robin will now be added to a list of anti-second amendment businesses that discriminate against law abiding American's.

Virginia is home to the NRA and the VCDL, two of the most influential and successful civil rights advocacy organizations in our country, andcurrent list of anti-constitutional rights businesses are listed and distibuted by them to their members as well as to the general public, with millions of members boycotting your businesses, perhaps a more respectfull and tolerant attititude, towards American's exercising their civil rights in public, will be gained by your investors and directors.

Fortunately, Fuddruckers, is more tolerant and open minded towards freedom loving American's, and welcomes our business, reguardless of our choice to either carry or not to carry firearms for personal protection. Since many of your Red Robin restaraunts are located in areas with regular violent crime, hopefully none of your customers or employees will suffer from your prejudice attitude towards those of us that take personal protection, very personal.

Sincerely

Ryan Mxxx

Pagan

imported post

jsfrederick wrote:
Pagan wrote:
towards American's exercising their civil rights in public
I think you mean constitutional rights?
I already used constitutional several times, and redundancy is something I try to avoid when writing, unless required. Also some of the more liberal minded types feel more sensitive and understanding with the term "civil rights", since it is more directly associated with leaders such as MLK, and other less popular but important "civil rights" advocators.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Pagan wrote:

While it is corporate policy this looks like it's more of a manager issue than anything. Here in Washington we have had several OC meets at various RR facilities. Downtown Seattle (on the waterfront) we had in excess of 25 members show up and in Tacoma at least 15 and no complaints ever from the management.

Marco

imported post

Pagan wrote:
I nor my friends or family will ever be spending our hard earned money at any Red Robin restaurant.

Might consider every time you eat at a similar type establishment send a copy of the receipt to Corporate, Regional Mgr. and the Mgr that asked you to leave.

MSC 45ACP

imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
Pagan wrote:

While it is corporate policy this looks like it's more of a manager issue than anything. Here in Washington we have had several OC meets at various RR facilities. Downtown Seattle (on the waterfront) we had in excess of 25 members show up and in Tacoma at least 15 and no complaints ever from the management.

That looks like more than an overzealous manager to me... That's why we've decided on an OC dinner at Fuddruckers.

:D

kimbercarrier

Campaign Veteran
imported post

ODA 226 wrote:
I've OC'd at numerous Red Robins at least a dozen times and no one has ever told me that I wasn't welcome.....maybe I'm just that much better looking than Pagan? :lol:
Well Craig even without a weapon you are intimidating looking. They were probably afraid to ask you to leave when you told them you weren't a LEO.:shock: