• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

blackman township ordinences

cabman1

imported post

85-6L

No person shall at any time bring into or upon the Township park properties, nor have in his or her possession, nor discharge, or set off anywhere upon said properties, a revolver, pistol, shotgun, rifle, air gun, water gun or any gun, rifle, firearm or bow or other weapon that discharges projectiles either by air, explosive substance or any other force; provided, however, that this subsection shall not apply to any deputy sheriff, public safety officer, peace officer, or other duly appointed law enforcement officer while carrying out the duties and responsibilities of his position nor to any person while on or in those areas which may from time to time be designated as hunting areas by the Township or while upon designated target ranges or areas.

gonna send a letter as soon as I gets some other issues dealt with with the township.Unless some one elses wants to tackle it.

his info is

Robert Rando
Blackman Charter Township
Supervisor
Office: 517-788-4345 ext. 112
Cell: 517-740-3034
email: rrando@blackmantwp.com

DanM

imported post

cabman1 wrote:
gonna send a letter as soon as I gets some other issues dealt with with the township.Unless some one elses wants to tackle it.
How long to handle your other issues and turn to this one? If it's going to be a while, another resident or an MOC officer, coordinator, or member may wish to get involved. Give us an idea on your timing.

maahes

imported post

Good luck contacting the Blackman Township board. Ive sent 4 letters and 3 emails and have received no response. My next step was to go to one of the meetings, unfortunately they are normally the first Tuesday of the month when Im normally working.

cabman1

imported post

they gave back the bb guns but i dont think its the end of the ordeal if they dont wanna change the ordinence then we will have to go to the meeting

maahes

imported post

Bump for meeting tomorrow 6pm
1990 W. Parnall Road
Jackson, MI 49201 US

I will be there to enquire why I have not received a response to the notification of this ordinance over 7 months ago (first notice I sent was June 17th) and the ordinance has not been amended.

Ill be there and Banger said he would come as well, anyone else coming?

Generaldet

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA
imported post

I had the same response when I went to the Oxford meeting. I felt like they were putting me off, but shortly after they informed me that they were repealing the ordinance.

Keep up the pressure. Attend the meetings, emails, etc.

maahes

imported post

Went well, Ill be following up with an email to the supervisor tomorrow.

ETA: next up City of Jackson.
[align=center]City Council Meeting Schedule[/align] [align=right] [/align] [align=right] City Council Meeting Time: 7:00 p.m. [align=right]Tuesday, December 15, 2009[/align] [align=left]City Hall - 161 W. Michigan Avenue, 2nd Floor, Council Chambers[/align]

[/align]