• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another home invader shot and killed in Vgeas

Sabotage70

imported post

I love hearing these stories on the news. :D :celebrate
http://www.lvrj.com/news/breaking_n...r-shooting-killing-home-invader-70080072.html
Homeowner not charged for shooting, killing home invader

By MAGGIE LILLIS
LAS VEGAS REVIEW-JOURNAL
The homeowner who shot and killed an intruder at his home Thursday evening has not been charged and Las Vegas police continue to investigate possible accomplices involved in the home invasion.

okboomer

imported post

Yeah, they put his address and his vehicle description in the paper. Sounds like the paper is trying to give the BG's friends the information. Not good.

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I don't think the media is trying to crucify the shooter however, the word "slaying" is an interesting term to use for someone that was probably defending themselves but just because the homeowner has not been charged does not mean he won't be. Right now though, if it is all true, he was justified but for all we know the person shot was shot unjustly. Time and an investigation will tell.

drjoker

imported post

"maggie lillis" the reporter is vehemently anti 2nd amendment. she has endangered the homeowner's life by putting his address and name in the article. the bg's friends will probably look for him, now. she also slandered him as a "slayer".

we need to write her newspaper and let them know that we've noticed and will no longer subscribe to their newspaper. we need to call her up and tell her that we know she's a crook.

mlillis@reviewjournal.com & 702-383-0279

Las Vegas Review Journal
1111 W Bonanza Rd
Las Vegas, NV 89106-3597
(702) 383-0211

okboomer

imported post

Dear Sir/Madam:
It has recently come up in opencarry.org forum that your reporter has posted the name, address and vehicle description of the man in the article. I believe you are endangering this man's life by posting such information. This is very disturbing and I hope you will reconsider your policy in releasing this type of information taking into consideration the danger to the man who may very well be proven to have been a victim in this situation.

This man was also referred to in the article as the "slayer" which has very negative connotations. As you are a wordsmith, I am sure a different word could have been used that would not have been so emotionally charged.

Sadly, however, with the items I have brought to your attention, I do not believe, as the editor, you could have allowed these into print unless your agenda is anti-gun. I also believe that my opinion, which differs radically from yours, will never be printed in your paper and that this is an exercise in futility on my part.

I would like to leave you with a final thought that I was taught as a child:

The only guarantee of a free press is the citizen's right to keep and bear arms.
Sent.

Hawaii FiveO

imported post

Here was my email to the reporter:

Hi Maggie. Read your report on the online LV Review-Journal today and
was curious about something.
I was an LEO for three departments where I was involved in working
major felony cases. In my six years as an LEO I don't remember
hearing about or reading a newspaper article about a case, especially
one involving fatalities, where the address of the incident location, and the addressof the victim, the suspect, or witnesses was ever divulged to the
public by the press. Not giving out street addresses was of course to
protect individuals involved in the case, especially when an
investigation was pending. One major reason for not disclosing
addresses was to protect those involved from retaliation by those with
an interest in the case. This practice of not revealing addresses is
acutely important when gang members are involved, in particular when
it was a felony case. Generally the report would say the general
area, either a neighborhood or street, but never the exact address. To
tell you the truth I was rather shocked when I saw the address of the
location where the home invasion happened.
Is the practice of divulging addresses common practice in Nevada print
media, or is this an individual decision by editors or reporters?
Just curious
Eddie