• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How was the Gun Show??

ecocks

imported post

I enjoyed Saturday well enough.

We had 11 new member signups for our organization (IDaho Citizens Defense League) and approximately 45 who left with applications promising "to think about it". Traffic was reportedly slower on Sunday, I felt it was moderate on Saturday.

Good selection of guns. Seemed like rifles were far more prevalent than handguns compared to shows 3-4 years ago. Gun prices seemed to be fair and slightly better than over-the-counter normal pricing from local sources. Ammo was there but still not as much as previous years. 9mm was common at $15 - $20 per 50, .380 was very limited and it was funny to see it at $10 more per box than .45.

jdgypsy

was Meridian ID, just moved to Killeen, Texas, USA
imported post

I agree with Ed's editorial. Had a few tables with re-loading gear too. It was the first one I have been able to attend here in Boise, can't compare it to past shows here. Great crowd Sat, thought the game might slow it down but it stayed steady most of the day. If those other 45 folks who are thinking about joining the Idaho Citizens Defense League join, that would be spectacular.

I think we got the word out there, many I spoke to or signed up were receptive to the idea of having an organization in the state. All in all a great day.

TopGunIdaho

imported post

Thanks! Anyone know when the one in Homedale is? That one is small, really good deals last time I was there.

TopGunIdaho

imported post

Hi Isreal,

It's sad to say that havnt been to a meeting. I'm good friends with Wolver, and he's been wanting me to come. I have my 4 kids those nights, so I think that would be a good excuse to load them up on pancakes. Kid friendly meetings, Right?;)

seeyouthere

-Scott

ecocks

imported post

Kids would work well at Sunshine. We can put them where we can see them and still have our group in that alcove area.

Besides, it could be the beginning of a youth auxillary....

ISRAEL

imported post

ON THE NEXT MEETING I HOPE THATMY DAUGHTER AND MY GRAND CHILD CAN MAKE IT, SHE IS A GOOD DAUGHTER AND I HAVE OFFERED HER ANY GUN OF THE ONES I HAVE, I HAVE INVITED A LOT OF PEOPLE FROM CHURCH, WE WILL SEE IF THEY COME IF NOT WE HAVE TO GIVE THEM TIME TO "COME OUT' (ha ha ha ) HOPE TO MEET YOU THERE. ISRAEL.