• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New anti-gun Registration plan

Support The 2nd

imported post

With the advent of Obama care, requiring everybody to have health insurance, or pay a fine, because of what MIGHT happen, let's enact the following.....

Let's pass a law requiring every adult in Wisconsin, who chooses not to own/carry a sidearm for protection, to pay a $500/yr fine. If you carry, then you are helping to reduce the crime rate and law enforcement costs.

If you CHOOSE not to own and carry, then you need to pay your $500 fine or go to jail because you are not helping to reduce the crime rate. Rather, you are empowering the criminals, increasing law enforcement costs, and allowing additional victimization which is a detriment to society.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

The town of Kennesaw Georgia enacted a similar town ordinance, If you did not own a gun in the household, you needed to pay $300.00.

The $300.00 figure was derived by figuring typical annual cost's for ammunition, targets, and gun cleaning supplies. But this was also back in the early 1980's.

The crime rate in that town was way out of control until that ordinance passed, and it fell off dramatically and stayed there, the criminals decided they would find an easier flock to prey upon than the armed citizens od Kennesaw GA.

I have never seen the brady bunch bring up that bit of history in their spewings, I wonder what bullschitt they would try to make up to twist or cover this success story down there.

I think we could get a small WI town to enact a similar ordinance, it would make the national news and forward our position dramaically.

AaronS

imported post

Support The 2nd wrote:
With the advent of Obama care, requiring everybody to have health insurance, or pay a fine, because of what MIGHT happen, let's enact the following.....

Let's pass a law requiring every adult in Wisconsin, who chooses not to own/carry a sidearm for protection, to pay a $500/yr fine. If you carry, then you are helping to reduce the crime rate and law enforcement costs.

If you CHOOSE not to own and carry, then you need to pay your $500 fine or go to jail because you are not helping to reduce the crime rate. Rather, you are empowering the criminals, increasing law enforcement costs, and allowing additional victimization which is a detriment to society.
You know, I think you might be on to something. How about this,we give a tax credit to gun owners, and an extra tax cut for the people that carry? Sounds good to me.

Geoff

imported post

That sounds like a good plan to me. We all go through alot of expenses, and risk our personal freedom to exercise our right to bear arms. The LEAST the government could do is give us a tax break. Well, the least they should do is stop harassing us.

geoff