Thread: Maryland & West Virginia Stateline

Formerly of Ireland, now Martinsburg, WV, West Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Maryland CCW law's are starting to really annoy me, I wake up each morning and look out the window and there is the WV / Maryland stateline.

Here in West Virginia I can arm myself and walk around to my hearts content, but I cant go grocery shopping without disarming. I cant call over to my buddy's house without disarming.

It's frustrating as hell !

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Irish-

I grew up in Cumberland. Other than the fact that it's a 5 hour flight followed by a 2 hour drive, one of the main reasons I don't like to travel back there is the unconstitutional, anti-American laws of Maryland.

I sent my brother a note the other day -- saying if I were to try to do in Maryland what I do every day legally in Nevada with no permit (open carry), I would be arrested at gun point, my property stolen, and be sent to prison. Of course, gambling, prostitution, and medical marijuana are all also legal in this state too. Ahh, freedom.

Tim

Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA

Post imported post

I cant call over to my buddy's house without disarming.
    Is that some FCC rule? True, you can't visit, but call? Wow. Maryland's tough!

Post imported post

MD's stupid f-ing laws annoy me too! This is now the 2nd time in my life I have gotten totally fed up with freaking SHEEPLE in this state. Unfortunatly the bad economy makes it impossible for me to leave, so I just have to stay here 1 mile from the PA line, living with my parents. At least ALL shopping and other things are located in PA, so I can go there and be able to protect myself properly if need be while there. I can also carry on my parent's property. I OC as much as the weather allows for my customers to see. If they notice, I educate. But they are pretty much all gun owners, so it's not like some argument is going to get going about me carrying "at work". Heck some of them don't even seem to notice I am OCing, just like in PA.

I'd like to participate in MDShallIssue and whatnot, but it involves doing things in MD, plus I have severe anxiety problems and can't go outside a certain "zone" without having problems. The crazy drivers in this state don't help either, don't know what to fear more, "pookies", or idiots on their cell phone tailgating me. HA, proves right there that car usage is worst than "gun violence"!

Post imported post

Try a canoe-camping trip on the staircase section of the the Shenandoah near Harpers Ferry. There are three seperate State jurisdictions plus a National Park to contend with. A total fustercluck.
    Remember Peter Nap and Skidmark. Do them proud. Be active. Be well informed. ALL rights matter.

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when you may have to back up your acts with your life."

--Robert A. Heinlein

Hey NSA! *&$# you. Record this--- MOLON LABE!