• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bold Fresh Tour - Jan. 30th (Ted Constant Center - ODU)

Thundar

imported post

[font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]Restrictions:
The following is a list of the Ted Constant Convocation Center restrictions:

1. Alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs
2. Glass bottles or aluminum cans
3. Ice chests (coolers) or thermos containers
4. Cameras or recording devices (allowed only at specific events)
5. Sticks or clubs
6. Fireworks, firearms, or other weapons
7. Bullhorns or noise makers
8. Confetti or balloons
9. Animals (except certified service dogs for the disabled)
10. Beachballs and other inflatables
11. Outside food or beverages
12. Skateboards or rollerblades
13. Water bottles or mugs
[/font]

CRF250rider1000

imported post

Thundar wrote:
[font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]Restrictions:
The following is a list of the Ted Constant Convocation Center restrictions:

1. Alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs
2. Glass bottles or aluminum cans
3. Ice chests (coolers) or thermos containers
4. Cameras or recording devices (allowed only at specific events)
5. Sticks or clubs
6. Fireworks, firearms, or other weapons
7. Bullhorns or noise makers
8. Confetti or balloons
9. Animals (except certified service dogs for the disabled)
10. Beachballs and other inflatables
11. Outside food or beverages
12. Skateboards or rollerblades
13. Water bottles or mugs
[/font]
IT IS A PUBLIC BUILDING!!!! WTF!? Ever heard of preemption? :cuss:

TFred

imported post

Last Friday night on O'Reilly's show when they were announcing the tour, Beck was talking about how these two together would drive the liberals nuts, and then he appeared to make a joking comment that there would be metal detectors at the venues. It seemed to be aimed at the liberal nuts, not the OC'ers, but it will certainly be interesting to see how this develops.

TFred

Ranger

imported post

For those that listen to Glenn Beck often knows he is receiving terrible death threats. He has a valid level of fear at any public event he attend now. Very sad that an radio/tv talk show host gets death threats for exposing information that otherwise may not see the light of day.

Repeater

imported post

rgrwo wrote:
For those that listen to Glenn Beck often knows he is receiving terrible death threats. He has a valid level of fear at any public event he attend now. Very sad that an radio/tv talk show host gets death threats for exposing information that otherwise may not see the light of day.
Well, remember that Glenn strongly supports gun rights.

Maybe a caller could bring it up.

johnfenter

imported post

See VA AG Opinion 05-078; the AG, at the request of Sen. Creigh Deeds (on behalf of VCDL), opined that Universities could not institute a general ban on firearms for visitors, but could regulate or prohibit firearms for specific events. Probably not the answer you wanted to hear; perhaps AG Cuccinelli can render a better opinion soon…

buster81

imported post

CRF250rider1000 wrote:
buster81 wrote:
CRF250rider1000 wrote:
IT IS A PUBLIC BUILDING!!!!
Are you sure?
I am under the assumption that since ODU owns it and they are a public university that it would be public. Maybe I am mistaken? hmm I guess since you do need a ticket to enter whatever event would be there....... hmm
You might be right. I was thinking of something else. :banghead:

youngck

imported post

johnfenter wrote:
See VA AG Opinion 05-078; the AG, at the request of Sen. Creigh Deeds (on behalf of VCDL), opined that Universities could not institute a general ban on firearms for visitors, but could regulate or prohibit firearms for specific events. Probably not the answer you wanted to hear; perhaps AG Cuccinelli can render a better opinion soon…
The total ban on firearms for the Ted Constant Center appears to be 24/7/365 not for special events. It would presumably apply to visits to the ticket office in the building during regular hours when no event at all is taking place in the building. This then appears to be a general ban on firearms for this building.

What do readers think would be the next step in trying to lift this general ban? Letter to ODU President asking for source of authority or asking for sign to be revised to comply with VA constitution and statute?

Coolman

imported post

According to Global Spectrum the operators of The Ted the arena is owned by the State of Va and ODU

wylde007

imported post

Is this another one of those B.S. arguments like at the VB Convention Center or Norfolk Scope or Hampton Coliseum (and convention center) where the municipality feigns lessor status and "grants" the lessee privilege to make up their own rules even on publicly-owned property that SHOULD be subject to preemption?

This ridiculous bullcarp has got to stop.

youngck

imported post

So we are pretty sure ODU/Commowealth of VA owns Ted. Ted has a list of rules which include a 24/7/365 ban on firearms. How do readers suggest we go about testing the legality of that ban. I am willing to write to the President of ODU FOIA request for documents which relate to adoption of the rule. Any thoughts about this as a first approach?

AtackDuck

imported post

CRF250rider1000 wrote:
This is worth a mention, but I was at a VT football game a few months ago and they have signs up at the gates saying no firearms and that (I'm pretty sure) they can search you.:shock:
Then what? Under what authority could they refuse you entrance to a public facility/event or disarm you:question:

nova

imported post

AtackDuck wrote:
CRF250rider1000 wrote:
This is worth a mention, but I was at a VT football game a few months ago and they have signs up at the gates saying no firearms and that (I'm pretty sure) they can search you.:shock:
Then what? Under what authority could they refuse you entrance to a public facility/event or disarm you:question:
The faux authority of "We're a state agency, don't fall under preemption, and can do what we want because we don't care about your pesky US 2nd amendment and VA Article 1 Section 13 right to bear arms so neener neener"

Time to "revoke" their "right" to ban guns.

11bafc84cc37e6d6768613a2893499b4.jpg

TGT1

imported post

OC/CC in the Ted Constant Convocation Center? I'm going to Bold-Fresh tour in May and their website prohibits firearms at events there.

See:
http://www.constantcenter.com/faq/
for their no firearms policy.

In the "About Us" section, it looks like it is privately funded and managed facility, so I'm thinking I can't carry there.

I really don't think this is public property of any sort. Does anyone know differently?

You all know how crazy those "Right-Wingers" are that love Glenn Beck. I'd be crazy to go unarmed!