• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Virginia Firearms Freedom Act

lapeer20m

imported post

nearly identical legislation (with the exception of section 10) has been passed in both montana and tennesee with several other states considering it.

a montana citizen who wants to manufacture guns is having a court battle with the feds right now because they say that they will still prosecute him under federal law even if montana says what he is doing is legal.

The question is...what happens when the court rules against the states? will the states back down? or will they band together?

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Interesting, I'd like to see this in North Carolina.

Pagan wrote:
The BATFE would have no authority to patrol our roads, with the intentions of making arrest, if it passed.
I think all federal law enforcement agencies are just about the same in North Carolina except under special conditions but in general, I believe people like the FBI and perhaps even the BATFE, etc, etc can not act without being in support of or supporting a state or local law enforcement agency. Hell, even NC SBI don't have full law enforcement capabilities unless a crime went down right in front of them. I'll have to get one of my friends that is professionally in the know to clear that up.