Thread: Mother-in-law in bank shootout

Post imported post

I opened my Facebook this w/e to see my MIL's status say"there was an armed robbery of(bank) this morning, have never seen so many folks including me hit the floor so quickly. Got a helluva fright. oh well this is South Africa."

The thing that astounded me was how blasé everyone there was about it. She was at a mall in a cafe when the shootout was on the next floor. I was impressed that everyone hit the floor quickly, but then they just went about their business. After it was safe to get up, she and her friend went into their post-adrenaline laughter/tears and went about their meal. She remarked, "Of course, by then the food was cold."

I shook my head and said (via Skype), "Seems like over there a waiter spilling a glass of water on you would cause about as much of an upset." They laughed and agreed. I said, "At least in CO we're allowed to shoot back." They agreed with that too.

Post imported post

By some accounts I've read, I understand that can be quite the hostile place for people as pale as I. I wonder why it always seems like the places good people need to be armed are the hardest places for them to do so...:quirky

Post imported post

It's not too great a place for those less pale than me either.

Post imported post

CO-Joe wrote:
    By some accounts I've read, I understand that can be quite the hostile place for people as pale as I. I wonder why it always seems like the places good people need to be armed are the hardest places for them to do so...:quirky
    Armed peasants are harder to subjugate.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Having an unarmed society is what cultivates a hazardous environment like that.

Look at Chicago.

Post imported post

Agreed. "An armed society is a polite society."
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.