• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

E-mail notifications?

sudden valley gunner

imported post

TFred wrote:
I am no longer getting consistent e-mail notifications when my subscribed threads have been posted to.

Anyone else having this problem?

TFred
I was just about to post the same, I'm not getting any, and I rely on my blackberry for that.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

That "system" has never been reliable - just watch this board by going to http://opencarry.mywowbb.com and clickon the "recent" tab and scroll down to look for the green arrows which indicate somebody has replied to the thread since you last looked at it.

This is a good way for folks to keep tabs on ll the reent and most active threads.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Moderators are well aware of the problem - function should be restored soon.

Yata hey

VaGunTrader

imported post

same problem on VaGunTrader.com website. I'm gettting a flood of emails from members who are trying to sign up and aren't getting the confirmation emails.

Hope they fix it soon !!

TFred

imported post

NightOwl wrote:
Would it be ironic if you got email notifications of you posting in a thread about not getting email notifications?
Perhaps, but at least you would then see that it's been fixed! :) (Actually, you don't get notices of your own posts, just when others post after you.)

TFred

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
Seems to be down again.....celebrated too soon.
Yep somebody spilled coffee on their 'puter - no news is not good news in this case. This would seem to be a server-wide problem.

Only good thing is that any antis following threads will be having at least as much trouble as we are. :)

Yata hey

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

A few notifications just trickled in - maybe is fixed?

Just home that all of the ones not sent in the last few weeks don't get kicked loose at once - that would be bury me. :?

Yata hey

VaGunTrader

imported post

I'm getting a flood of email letting me know that I they aren't getting their email notifications for registration. I've gone in and used the "resend email notification emails" but thats not working either.

Whats it going to take for them to fix this??

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
A few notifications just trickled in - maybe is fixed?

Just hope that all of the ones not sent in the last few weeks don't get kicked loose at once - that would be bury me. :?

Yata hey
Nope email notification is kaput after receiving 8 or 9. Haven't seen anymore for the last 40 hours.

Yata hey