Thread: Students for Concealed Carry Range Trip and Dinner

Post imported post

SCCCat NCSU will be having a range day at PDHSC this Wednesday and having a group dinner afterword.I know this is OCDO, but everyone is always welcome, and I know a bunch of students peruse this forum.

We will be metting at PDHSC at 6:00pm and we will be shooting till 7:00.

The dinner location is going to be weather dependant, as a chance for rain is in the forcast. If there is no rain, then we will be eating at Cook-Out on Western Blvd. If there is precipitation cursing us, then we will be eating at McDonalds on Western. We should be at the dinner location around 7:15.

The location was chosen to allow those on campus easy attendance even if they don't have a vehicle and didn't attend the range trip.

I hope to see some of you there.

JDriver

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Need something like this in Greensboro, although I can't see it flying too much with some of the local Colleges and Universities.

Post imported post

Too bad this isn't in Charlotte

Post imported post

You should both check with your local schools. Also, feel free to travel out to our events. Greensboro is only 1:30 away.

UNCG and UNCC both had informal chapters two years ago.

If they don't still have chapters, then you could start one yourself. The local colleges can not stop a group from forming and are required to recognize it once you meet their requirements. If you want more information, just PM me.

Post imported post

Perhaps a link would be a good idea. http://www.concealedcampus.org/index.php

Post imported post

Well, my class ran over today, and I've got to be back to work by 11pm tonight, and the weather SUCKS, so I'm going to have to bow out for this one. I can't see the point in driving nearly 2 hour to eat dinner at a fast food restaurant, even if the company woul dbe as fine a bunch of folks as you all...

Hope you had a good day at the range, and a fun time for dinner. Maybe I'll make the next one.

Please file a full report when you get the time. We're all interested in how things went at this meet-up!
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Post imported post

There were six of us that ended up shooting and then going to dinner.

Overall it was uneventfull, though fun as always.

Post imported post

Good to hear it went well. If I wasn't so exhausted, and my shedule didn't run over, I would have loved to come. PDHSC is a "Class III" dealer, and rents several Class III weapons for use on their range (with supervision)--I've been wanting to get some range time with some Class III ordnance--it's been a long time.

Maybe next time, I'll show up with an open schedule and a fat wallet, and we can boost the "excitement level" a little... :celebrate
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Post imported post

Plan on getting jacked up again JD by the locals?

Post imported post

always plan for, never expect...

I've yet to play with any class III toys. I'm very seriously debating SBR'ing my 7.5'' barreledAR pistol.