• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Students for Concealed Carry Range Trip and Dinner

JDriver1.8t

imported post

SCCCat NCSU will be having a range day at PDHSC this Wednesday and having a group dinner afterword.I know this is OCDO, but everyone is always welcome, and I know a bunch of students peruse this forum.

We will be metting at PDHSC at 6:00pm and we will be shooting till 7:00.

The dinner location is going to be weather dependant, as a chance for rain is in the forcast. If there is no rain, then we will be eating at Cook-Out on Western Blvd. If there is precipitation cursing us, then we will be eating at McDonalds on Western. We should be at the dinner location around 7:15.

The location was chosen to allow those on campus easy attendance even if they don't have a vehicle and didn't attend the range trip.

I hope to see some of you there.

JDriver

JDriver1.8t

imported post

You should both check with your local schools. Also, feel free to travel out to our events. Greensboro is only 1:30 away.

UNCG and UNCC both had informal chapters two years ago.

If they don't still have chapters, then you could start one yourself. The local colleges can not stop a group from forming and are required to recognize it once you meet their requirements. If you want more information, just PM me.

Dreamer

imported post

Well, my class ran over today, and I've got to be back to work by 11pm tonight, and the weather SUCKS, so I'm going to have to bow out for this one. I can't see the point in driving nearly 2 hour to eat dinner at a fast food restaurant, even if the company woul dbe as fine a bunch of folks as you all...

Hope you had a good day at the range, and a fun time for dinner. Maybe I'll make the next one.

Please file a full report when you get the time. We're all interested in how things went at this meet-up!

Dreamer

imported post

Good to hear it went well. If I wasn't so exhausted, and my shedule didn't run over, I would have loved to come. PDHSC is a "Class III" dealer, and rents several Class III weapons for use on their range (with supervision)--I've been wanting to get some range time with some Class III ordnance--it's been a long time.

Maybe next time, I'll show up with an open schedule and a fat wallet, and we can boost the "excitement level" a little... :celebrate