• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

KVI's Kirby Wilbur ouster: Can you spell BOYCOTT?

heresolong

imported post

Dave Workman wrote:
KVI's Kirby Wilbur ouster: Can you spell BOYCOTT?

The popular conservative pro-gun morning talk host was unceremoniously booted from the airwaves after 16 years of audience-building at Seattle's KVI, and listeners are furious.

http://www.examiner.com/x-4525-Seattle-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2009m11d16-Firearms-community-furious-over-ouster-of-progun-Seattle-talk-host-can-you-spell-BOYCOTT

Or try this:

http://tinyurl.com/y9vg4ye
The best boycott is the free market. I stopped listening to KVI when they lost Rush and changed Carlson's show to that idiotic "The Commentators", and dumped Brian Suits. I recollect that they also changed the format of Kirby's show and made it a gang chat which I didn't enjoy. Haven't listened since. No need, in my opinion, for a formal boycott, just listen to what you like. It isn't on KVI anymore. As for Kirby, he is an enjoyable fellow to listen to, I suspect that he'll land on his feet somewhere. Good luck to him in this.

Right Wing Wacko

Campaign Veteran
imported post

sirpuma wrote:
I would wager that KVI is managed and owned by some left wing group who is beholden to that Obamanation in the oval office.

KVI is owned and operated by Fisher Broadcasting.

Fisher also owns KOMO Radio, KPLZ FM,and KOMO TV4 among other things. An effectiveboycottwould alsoinclude all Fisher holdings, not just KVI. This includes any WEB presence for their stations, since their advertisors pay by the page view.

Fisher Communications, Inc. operates 13 full power and 7 low power television and8 radio stations in the Northwest

KOMO 1000 Newsradio
Commuter's Best Friend
www.komonews.com

KVI Talk Radio 570 AM
Fox News & Talk Radio
www.570kvi.com

KPLZ STAR 101.5
Best Mix of Everything
www.star1015.com

Fisher Radio Regional Group

Larry Roberts—President
1300 Central Ave West
Great Falls, MT 59404

KXGF 1400 AM
Music of the ‘50’s, ‘60’s and‘70’s
www.classics1400.com

KQDI 106.1 FM
“Q-106” Classic Rock
www.q106rocks.com

KQDI 1450 AM
News / Talk / Sports
www.newstalk1450.com

KIKF 104.9
"KIK-FM" New Country
www.mykikfm.com

KINX 107.3
"Sam @ 107.3, 4 decades of hits"
www.sam1073.com

TELEVISION STATIONS

Seattle, WA Market

Jim Clayton—
Vice President and General Manager

KOMO TV—ABC
KUNS TV—Univision
140 4th Ave North
Seattle, WA 98109
www.komonews.com
www.kunstv.com

Portland, OR Market

John Tamerlano—Vice President and General Manager

KATU TV—ABC
KUNP TV—Univision
KUNP LP—Univision
2153 N.E. Sandy Blvd.
Portland, OR 97232
www.katu.com
www.kunptv.com

Boise, ID Market

Larry Roberts —Vice President and General Manager

KBCI TV—CBS
KYUU-LP Retro Television
140 N. 16th Street
Boise, ID 83702
www.kbcitv.com

Eugene, OR Market

Greg Raschio—Vice President and General Manager

KVAL TV—CBS
4575 Blanton Road
Eugene, OR 97405
www.kval.com

Coos Bay, OR Market

Ken Croes—Station Manager

KCBY TV—CBS
3451 Broadway
North Bend, OR 97459
www.kcby.com

Roseburg, OR Market

Connie Williamson—Station Manager

KPIC TV—CBS
655 W. Umpqua
Roseburg, OR 97470
www.kpic.com

Yakima, WA Market

Tom Long —General Manager

KIMA TV—CBS
2801 Terrace Heights Dr.
Yakima, WA 98901
www.kimatv.com

Larry Roberts - Vice President and General Manager

KUNW—Univision
2801 Terrace Heights Dr.
Yakima, WA 98901

Tri Cities, WA Market

Larry Roberts—Vice President and General Manager

David Praga—Station Manager

KEPR TV—CBS
KORX-CA—Univision
KVVK-CA—Univision
2807 W. Lewis Street
Pasco, WA 99301
www.keprtv.com

Idaho Falls, ID Market

James Wareham — General Manager

KIDK TV—CBS
1255 East 17th Street
Idaho Falls, ID 83404
www.kidktv.com

Pocatello, IDMarket

James Wareham— General Manager

KXPI-LP
145 S. Arthur
Pocatello, ID 83204

Lewiston, IDMarket

Fred Fickenwirth—Station Manager

KLEW TV—CBS

2626 17th Street
Lewiston, ID 83501
www.klewtv.com

Bakersfield, CA Market

Teresa Burgess — Vice President and General Manager

KBAK-TV (CBS)
KBFX-CA (FOX)

1901 Westwind Drive
Bakersfield, CA 93301
www.bakersfieldnow.com

44Brent

imported post

I was at a political event several years ago at which Kirby Wilbur was the speaker. In his speech he praised the high quality of life in Washington, and cited the fact that people don't need to go "carrying guns around" in the state as evidence of our wonderful freedoms.

Dave Workman

imported post

44Brent wrote:
I was at a political event several years ago at which Kirby Wilbur was the speaker.  In his speech he praised the high quality of life in Washington, and cited the fact that people don't need to go "carrying guns around" in the state as evidence of our wonderful freedoms.

Where did this happen? Care to be more specific?

Right Wing Wacko

Campaign Veteran
imported post

My car radio basically has (had) three presets.

KVI, KTTH, and KIRO-FM.

I would listen to Glen Beck KTTH most mornings on the way to work, occasionally switching over to KVI to hear Kirby. I have not really been a fan of the show lately, but still listened about once a week. Perhaps that makes me part of the problem.

The trip home in the evening I have been listening to Weisbach and Mark Levin on KVI. I used to listen to Savage onKTTH butlately he seems to have gone over the edge. If I happened to be on the road during the day I occasionally would flip over to KIRO and listen to Dory.

Now, I like Laura Ingrahm, and really want to listen to her show, but since it's on KVI I'll find another way. Same thing with Dr. Levin. I'm sure I can find a web broadcast somewhere so I can avoid Fisher.

Sorry Pastor Pete... I've been one of your 300 listeners since day one, but no more. It's not your fault, it's your boss.

I intend to let the LauraIngrahm and Mark Levin shows know of my decision.

44Brent

imported post

About two years ago at a picnic held by the South Sound Ronald Reagan Club in Puyallup. I remember it well because I and several other Ron Paul supporters were OCing, and we thought it quite humorous that he didn't notice that people in his audience were armed.

antispam540

imported post

I once got tired of listening to the same old talk-show drivel that interrupts the music on normal stations, so I switched the channel and discovered NPR. Now my radio stays set on one station - my iPod.

XD45PlusP

imported post

44Brent wrote:
I was at a political event several years ago at which Kirby Wilbur was the speaker. In his speech he praised the high quality of life in Washington, and cited the fact that people don't need to go "carrying guns around" in the state as evidence of our wonderful freedoms.
Doesn't make "Sense" since he is a Director at the Second Amendment Foundation.

Dave Workman

imported post

44Brent wrote:
About two years ago at a picnic held by the South Sound Ronald Reagan Club in Puyallup. I remember it well because I and several other Ron Paul supporters were OCing, and we thought it quite humorous that he didn't notice that people in his audience were armed.

Well, then, we have a problem.

Kirby sent me an e-mail in which he states:

"I never attended a picnic sponsored by the SSRRC. I attended one sponsored by the 25th District Republican Club in Puyallup. If he can't even remember the sponsor, how reliable is his memory? Lets see, member of WAC and SAF board, lifetime endowment member of NRA, lifetime member at Wades, vocal supporter of 2nd Amendment on air, believer that right to keep and bear arms is God-given, I'll match my bona fides, my support and my effect with his anytime. "

In addition to which I will add that I have known Kirby for the better part of 20 years and never heard him utter anything remotely as astonishing and contradictory to his well-established personal philosophy as you assert.

He's had a CPL since he was 21, and that's damn near as long as me (I'm older). I know for a fact that the first time he ever used his credit card, it was to purchase a Ruger Mini 14, because he said so.That was when he was 22 years old.We've shot together, and I was one of the instructors at the gun course he took at the Snoqualmie Valley Rifle Club several years ago.

Last, and certainly not least, Kirby Wilbur is a guy to whom I would trust my life in a tight spot, and the welfare of the gun rights movement any day of the week.

I've nominated two people in my life to run for a position on the NRA Board of Directors.

Kirby Wilbur is one of them. You're notthe other one.

44Brent

imported post

Kirby Wilbur is lying about not being at the Sound Sound Ronald Reagan Club. This can be easily proven as video footage was taken of Kirby Wilber which is posted for posterity right here.

http://www.dailypaul.com/node/1536(corrected URL)

Yep, that's video footage of Kirby Wilbur taken by Adam Berman.

Let's see you explain that Dave. So, who are you going to boycott now?

Dave Workman

imported post

44Brent wrote:
Kirby Wilbur is lying about not being at the Sound Sound Ronald Reagan Club. This can be easily proven as video footage was taken of Kirby Wilber which is posted for posterity right here.

http://www.dailypaul.com/node/1536a

Let's see you explain that Dave.

I got a message "Page not found"

grishnav

imported post

Dave Workman wrote:
44Brent wrote:

http://www.dailypaul.com/node/1536a

Let's see you explain that Dave.

I got a message "Page not found"
And even two seconds of not being dense would have helped you realize that he accidentally inserted an extraneous "a" at the end of the url. But it is Workman I'm talking to, so perhaps my expectations are too high.

http://www.dailypaul.com/node/1536

That post references this OCDO post where the comment about guns made by the "MC" is discussed. So the question is: was Kirby the emcee, or merely at the event?

The funniest part was when the MC of the event was giving his post-poll speech. He talked about how the government was supposed to protect the citizens and said "we don't carry guns around, do we?", or something to that effect. When he said that, Brent and I both looked at each other and laughed. Perhaps if people who can protect themselves would, the police would have more time to protect the people that can't protect themselves. I guess the so-called liberals aren't the only ones who want the government to take care of them.

44Brent

imported post

So the question is: was Kirby the emcee, or merely at the event?

Kirby was the person giving the speech. Since he makes a living from talking, perhaps he talks so much he simply can't remember when/where/what he has said.

Dave Workman

imported post

grishnav wrote:

And even two seconds of not being dense would have helped you realize that he accidentally inserted an extraneous "a" at the end of the url. But it is Workman I'm talking to, so perhaps my expectations are too high.

http://www.dailypaul.com/node/1536

Well, thank you for providing a proper URL.

I see a film clip. Doesn't say where it is from. There is a note about Ron Paul winning a poll at the South Sound RR club event, but it doesn't say that's where this video is from.

I go to an OCDO thread with an image of two guys holding up a sign for Ron Paul and several follow-up comments.

Dave Workman

imported post

44Brent wrote:
So the question is: was Kirby the emcee, or merely at the event?

Kirby was the person giving the speech. Since he makes a living from talking, perhaps he talks so much he simply can't remember when/where/what he has said.

Well, perhaps it is you who doesn't have the event correctly. Ever think of that?

I was atthe CincinattiGun Rights Policy Conference in 2007, and Ron Paul spoke to an overflow crowd. That didn't make it a Ron Paul event, it was still the GRPC.

Of course, Brent is never wrong.

44Brent

imported post

There is a plethora of evidence that Kirby Wilbur was at the South Sound Ronald Reagan Club event. Here's even MORE evidence: http://ronaldreaganclub.net/Polls.html

SSRRR Club Straw Poll results - August 21st, 2007

As Vice President for programs of the South Sound Ronald Reagan Republican Club here in the state of Washington, I facilitated our 4th monthly Straw Presidential Poll at our August 21st combined meeting with the 25th District Republican Club at Bradley Lake Park in Puyallup.

Kirby Wilbur of KVI Radio AM 570, (broadcasting weekdays from 5:00 to 9:00 AM) was our guest speaker and had lots of words of wisdom as we prepare for 2008.
175 members and guests attended, with 160 participating in the poll which was cast by private paper ballot. Official tabulated results by club members A J Young and Billie Staab are as follows (votes followed by percentage):

Name Aug 21st June 21st Change from 6/21

[/b]

Ron Paul 28% 1% plus 27%
Fred Thompson 25% 43% minus 18%
Rudy Giuliani 18% 20% minus 2%
Mike Huckabee 8% 5% plus 3%
Mitt Romney 8% 11% minus 3%
Duncan Hunter 6% 7% minus 1%
Newt Gingrich 5% 6% minus 1%
John McCain 2% 3% minus 1%
Sam Brownback 1% 0% minus 1%
Jim Gilmore 0% 0% no change
Chuck Hagel 0% 0% no change
Tom Tancredo 0 1% minus 1%

[line]

Dave Workman, you completely discredit yourself withyour continuousnonsense about Kirby Wilbur not being at this event. What's even more absurd, is that it's such a ridiculous event to even dispute. I and others have simply reportedverifiable facts of what happened, and you twist and contort to pretend they didn't happen, whenany disinterested observer can look at the historical record, and see that the events did occur.

Dave Workman

imported post

44Brent wrote:
There is a plethora of evidence that Kirby Wilbur was at the South Sound Ronald Reagan Club event. Here's even MORE evidence: http://ronaldreaganclub.net/Polls.html

SSRRR Club Straw Poll results - August 21st, 2007

As Vice President for programs of the South Sound Ronald Reagan Republican Club here in the state of Washington, I facilitated our 4th monthly Straw Presidential Poll at our August 21st combined meeting with the 25th District Republican Club at Bradley Lake Park in Puyallup.

Kirby Wilbur of KVI Radio AM 570, (broadcasting weekdays from 5:00 to 9:00 AM) was our guest speaker and had lots of words of wisdom as we prepare for 2008.
175 members and guests attended, with 160 participating in the poll which was cast by private paper ballot. Official tabulated results by club members A J Young and Billie Staab are as follows (votes followed by percentage):

Name Aug 21st June 21st Change from 6/21

[/b]

Ron Paul 28% 1% plus 27%
Fred Thompson 25% 43% minus 18%
Rudy Giuliani 18% 20% minus 2%
Mike Huckabee 8% 5% plus 3%
Mitt Romney 8% 11% minus 3%
Duncan Hunter 6% 7% minus 1%
Newt Gingrich 5% 6% minus 1%
John McCain 2% 3% minus 1%
Sam Brownback 1% 0% minus 1%
Jim Gilmore 0% 0% no change
Chuck Hagel 0% 0% no change
Tom Tancredo 0 1% minus 1%

[line]

Dave Workman, you completely discredit yourself withyour continuousnonsense about Kirby Wilbur not being at this event. What's even more absurd, is that it's such a ridiculous event to even dispute. I and others have simply reportedverifiable facts of what happened, and you twist and contort to pretend they didn't happen, whenany disinterested observer can look at the historical record, and see that the events did occur.

Well, Brent, you don't read too well, do you? It appears to me that you are both right.

But, from a guy who can't even type a correct URL, that probably shouldn't be much ofa surprise.

Did you read this post carefully before you hit the "Send" button?

So, there you have it, and we both stand corrected, and Wilbur hasn't committed any foul because he evidently understood at the time that he was at the 25th District Republican Club meeting.

You called him a liar, and you seem to have called me a liar, and it turns out that you are simplygoing off half-cockedbecause..well, to paraphrase "grishnav,"

And even two seconds of not being dense would have helped you realize that he had no idea this was a combined meeting, because he had been invited by the 25th District Republicans.

(He has a way with words, don't you think?)

Are you sure you don't know a guy named Hunt Bromley?

I'll bet you know a guy who calls himself "George Washington"

44Brent

imported post

Dave Workman, yes I knew George Washington, and you are no George Washington. What you are is a cranky old grouch.