• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

a sad indicator of just how bad it is

M

McX

imported post

A member on here sent me a link to Racine Underground. A web "newspaper" that gives more detailed Police reports than the "paper-paper" does. I browsed the link, and found my shop block location has something going on on the block pretty much every day. And they wonder why we carry? The point I raise here though, is while parusing the site, I happened on a "Commentary" to a report of a citizen, who had heard gunfire in the area, calling the Police to ask "Is it ok for me to come out of my house now?". Even the Commentator remarked of their disgust upon hearing this. Perhapse it's time for the citizens to call the Police and say: I live at XXX street, and in response to gunfire in the area I will be Openly Carrying on my property for my protection! I put this out into the forum for commentary, and discussion(s).

JimE

imported post

I'm not getting the full context here.

Do you believe the 'gun fire' was from some sort of gang related drive-by or 'gun fire' from someone sighting in their deer rifle on a distant range?

In the first case, that response may be partially justified. In the later...he may need to learn about the miracles of aluminum foil hats for blocking the unwanted leaching of psychic energies.

Running Wolf

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Excellent site, thanks. When Imoved to Racine in '04 I started a crime map that has since fallen into disuse. It's good to see that they have an updated one available.It would be interesting tosuperimpose a school zone map over ther crime map . . .

M

McX

imported post

The link didn't transfer well. Sorry. map showed 300 some serious crimes reported to date this year. All over town!