Thread: Group aims to spread word on gun rights (Michigan)

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

Note: the article appeared to miss acouple of oddities in Michigan law, such as requiring a concealed lciense to carry in hospitals but then requiring open carry there. But enjoy - hoepfully somebody from Michigan Open Carry, Inc. will let the reporter know

--

http://www.livingstondaily.com/artic...WS01/911170308

SNIP

Jason Baker, co-owner of MICPL.net, which is a Howell-based business providing defensive firearms instruction, said if he sees individuals walking down the street with a firearm on their hip, he assumes they are law-abiding citizens.

"Criminals are more than likely to try to hide it than carry it openly, because they don't want to take a chance of getting stopped," he said.

Proponents of open carry say their weapon is merely protection.

"I think it's a deterrent," Jeffs said. "People see it and are less likely to pick you out for a crime."

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Jason's a good guy. Took my NRA PP in the Home class from him.

Post imported post

Cool article. TheSzerdi's incident was mentioned, which was good to see in a public paper.
    "You'll be walking along.. OC.. and you'll feel GREAT. You'll feel FREEEEE like 1776 kind of Free." -cscitney87

Post imported post

Jason Baker, co-owner of MICPL.net, which is a Howell-based business providing defensive firearms instruction, said if he sees individuals walking down the street with a firearm on their hip, he assumes they are law-abiding citizens.

"Criminals are more than likely to try to hide it than carry it openly, because they don't want to take a chance of getting stopped," he said.

Proponents of open carry say their weapon is merely protection.

"I think it's a deterrent," Jeffs said. "People see it and are less likely to pick you out for a crime."
    How many times i had a hard time wording my reasons for OC. Loved reading this little snip

Devery

Post imported post

Security at Harper Hospital in Detroit told me today that no one can be armed in the building with or without a CPL. Someone needs to write them a letter also

Post imported post

Well, even thoughit wasn't a total bad spin for us the problem I stillsee is that Undersheriff Murphy cautions everyone that the person o/c ing may be mental or have ill intent and that all citizens should be concerned!

We should have another in a few months and see if the Undersheriff, now having made a statement, would be willing to attend and further explain his position.

Post imported post

Murphy has been known for his off the wall and often wrong statements in the past.

Post imported post

Having fun with a couple of folks posting on the article:celebrate
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

Watch out for themadhatter on the newspaper blog he will quote you and edit the quote to try and make you look like a fool. He also is a typical LIB personal attacks and sexual references and all!
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

Now I am Brian Jeffs....hmmm themadhatters is really reaching and living up to his name:what: Not that I am not flattered as Brian has done great things for OC in MI but I am sad to say I am not him.

Post imported post

I'm confused on the last three posts. Are you responding to pm's on this thread? I hope you don't mean me!

Post imported post

Unless you are the (themadhatters) He is the only one perpetuating personal attacks on Brian and his weight among other things... he also thinks I am Brian...

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
    Unless you are the (themadhatters) He is the only one perpetuating personal attacks on Brian and his weight among other things... he also thinks I am Brian...
    What about my weight? I'm built along ample proportions and generous lines.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

He is just resorting to typical liberal personal attacks. He made several comments about the picture of you with the gun and then some how came to the conclusion that I was you

Post imported post

Nice post over there Brian!

Post imported post

What a clueless embecile that madhatter.

Post imported post

thekunk47 wrote:
    Security at Harper Hospital in Detroit told me today that no one can be armed in the building with or without a CPL. Someone needs to write them a letter also
    If it's private property, it's no ones call but the owners.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
    Well you know where the term mad as a hatter comes fom right

Post imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
    SpringerXDacp wrote:
    Well you know where the term mad as a hatter comes fom right

mad as a hatter

http://www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-mad2.htm

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
    Nice post over there Brian!
    Thanks and thank you for your support there.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Banned
    across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
    Sad so many folks confuse the true purpose of the 2nd amendment with scaring off the bad guy.
    well said MEM.