• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Group aims to spread word on gun rights (Michigan)

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Note: the article appeared to miss acouple of oddities in Michigan law, such as requiring a concealed lciense to carry in hospitals but then requiring open carry there. But enjoy - hoepfully somebody from Michigan Open Carry, Inc. will let the reporter know

--

http://www.livingstondaily.com/article/20091117/NEWS01/911170308

SNIP

Jason Baker, co-owner of MICPL.net, which is a Howell-based business providing defensive firearms instruction, said if he sees individuals walking down the street with a firearm on their hip, he assumes they are law-abiding citizens.

"Criminals are more than likely to try to hide it than carry it openly, because they don't want to take a chance of getting stopped," he said.

Proponents of open carry say their weapon is merely protection.

"I think it's a deterrent," Jeffs said. "People see it and are less likely to pick you out for a crime."

manicdevery

imported post

Jason Baker, co-owner of MICPL.net, which is a Howell-based business providing defensive firearms instruction, said if he sees individuals walking down the street with a firearm on their hip, he assumes they are law-abiding citizens.

"Criminals are more than likely to try to hide it than carry it openly, because they don't want to take a chance of getting stopped," he said.

Proponents of open carry say their weapon is merely protection.

"I think it's a deterrent," Jeffs said. "People see it and are less likely to pick you out for a crime."

How many times i had a hard time wording my reasons for OC. Loved reading this little snip

Devery

rj3663

imported post

Well, even thoughit wasn't a total bad spin for us the problem I stillsee is that Undersheriff Murphy cautions everyone that the person o/c ing may be mental or have ill intent and that all citizens should be concerned!

We should have another in a few months and see if the Undersheriff, now having made a statement, would be willing to attend and further explain his position.

fbuckner

imported post

Murphy has been known for his off the wall and often wrong statements in the past.

autosurgeon

imported post

Watch out for themadhatter on the newspaper blog he will quote you and edit the quote to try and make you look like a fool. He also is a typical LIB personal attacks and sexual references and all!

autosurgeon

imported post

Now I am Brian Jeffs....hmmm themadhatters is really reaching and living up to his name:what::lol: Not that I am not flattered as Brian has done great things for OC in MI but I am sad to say I am not him.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
Unless you are the (themadhatters) He is the only one perpetuating personal attacks on Brian and his weight among other things... he also thinks I am Brian...
What about my weight? I'm built along ample proportions and generous lines.;)

Michigander

imported post

thekunk47 wrote:
Security at Harper Hospital in Detroit told me today that no one can be armed in the building with or without a CPL. Someone needs to write them a letter also
If it's private property, it's no ones call but the owners.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:
What a clueless embecile that madhatter.

Well you know where the term mad as a hatter comes fom right :uhoh:

mad as a hatter

http://www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-mad2.htm

htf_imgcache_36512.jpeg
:)